Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1.67 Average
Devialet's newest technology...?
Update on Devialet's Facebook page: And now, what are you expecting from Devialet?

Huh

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
(25-Nov-2014, 17:51)GuillaumeB Wrote: Update on Devialet's Facebook page: And now, what are you expecting from Devialet?

Huh

Guillaume

I posted a reply...

"Follow through on the previous announcement"

Digital: ROON on Synology & SONOS Connect
Analog: Marantz TT-15s1 - ClearAudio Virtuoso MM Wood

Main: Devialet D250 - KEF LS50
Very strange! Is this still part of the lead-up to an announcement in December?
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
(25-Nov-2014, 17:51)GuillaumeB Wrote: And now, what are you expecting from Devialet?

Guillaume

A Gallic shrug... Blush
IMac macOS 10.15.3 (no link to Devialet Sad ) / MacBook Pro Retina OS X 10.14.4 / Linn LP12 / Devialet 200 Wilson Benesch Discovery. 
Qobuz Desktop Latest Version / Audirvana 3.2.18 / Audirvana Remote / iTunes 12.9 / AIR 3.0.4 / Wi-Fi / FW 8.1.0 / SAM 50%
Cambridge, UK (Updated 27th February, 2020)
(25-Nov-2014, 17:51)GuillaumeB Wrote: And now, what are you expecting from Devialet?

More teasing.

Personally, I'm in for the long haul. I expect to be teased until Munich in May 2015.

Confused

Sonos Connect (W4S) > DSpeaker Antimode 2.0 > Sanders Magtech > Martin Logan Montis
Sonos Connect (W4S) > Devialet 200 > Vivid V1.5
Silver Phantoms (just the two)
London
Well, the facebook thread is certainly getting attention...some of the replies are funny...others inline with what has been requested for some time (room correction, streaming service integration, standalone UPNP/DLNA server, full featured remote app, etc.)

(25-Nov-2014, 21:50)adhesiv Wrote: Well, the facebook thread is certainly getting attention...some of the replies are funny...others inline with what has been requested for some time (room correction, streaming service integration, standalone UPNP/DLNA server, full featured remote app, etc.)

Actually I was thinking they've been quite lucky in terms of the response they've had - only one reference to white noise. Seems that Devialet owners are a fairly relaxed group...
IMac macOS 10.15.3 (no link to Devialet Sad ) / MacBook Pro Retina OS X 10.14.4 / Linn LP12 / Devialet 200 Wilson Benesch Discovery. 
Qobuz Desktop Latest Version / Audirvana 3.2.18 / Audirvana Remote / iTunes 12.9 / AIR 3.0.4 / Wi-Fi / FW 8.1.0 / SAM 50%
Cambridge, UK (Updated 27th February, 2020)
Yes, a few funny comments on Facebook, and one or two slightly disgruntled ones, it looks like Devialet's golden halo is slipping slightly. I also note that many people are answering the question "what do you want from Devialet", rather than the actual question "what are you expecting from Devialet", for me these are rather different things!
I expect:
DSD, better remote app, integrated streaming service (UPNP/DLNA server)

I want:
Room correction, speaker impedance matching (SAM 2.0)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(25-Nov-2014, 22:15)PhilP Wrote: Actually I was thinking they've been quite lucky in terms of the response they've had - only one reference to white noise. Seems that Devialet owners are a fairly relaxed group...

I guess this is not a problem for most users. I never had this issue since I use 2.1.2. Oh, never is not true, I had it once in 6 Month now. Not sure what the reason was...but nothing to care about. Some friends with other gear have more problems...