Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Firmware 12.3.0 + DOS 2.2.2
(26-Jun-2018, 20:44)Hifi_swlon Wrote:
(26-Jun-2018, 18:24)Confused Wrote:  
I am sure I could reliably tell if a particular track was being played via KEF Blades or an iPhone.
Anyway, this is going off topic.  Has anyone got any SQ observations for Firmware 12.3.0

Now that would be an awesome blind test for all DC members to pass before making SQ observations.  Big Grin

I might have in a week or two, assuming they don’t bring out an update in the interim (which I think we’ll all agree is unlikely).

I am a great believer in blind testing, the first time I gave it a try it was a real eye opener for me.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
(26-Jun-2018, 20:59)Confused Wrote: ...
I am a great believer in blind testing, the first time I gave it a try it was a real eye opener for me.

I think you must be doing it wrong... Angel
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
(24-Jun-2018, 05:15)Will Wrote: I have been using the latest upgraded software since its release and have not had any problems since.  The Roon transport device in use problem has not reoccurred and I have had absolutely no drop outs.  This is the longest stretch of problem free listening I have had with the Devialet since I purchased it three years ago.  

I am now also using extensively the AirPlay facility to stream Qobuz (not quite as good SQ as Roon Air - but OK).  The only remaining item on my Wishlist is the integration of Qobuz with Roon - I live in hope!

You'll have to wait a while to get Qobuz on Roon, seeing Qobuz ruled it out at least 2 years ago.
250 Pro CI; Innuos Zen Mk3; Claro dual turntable (Expert Stylus Denon + OL Aladdin Mk2); RCM Sensor2; Wilson Sabrina; OePhi speaker cables; Puritan PM156 conditioner and Ultimate cables.
(26-Jun-2018, 20:59)Confused Wrote:
(26-Jun-2018, 20:44)Hifi_swlon Wrote:
(26-Jun-2018, 18:24)Confused Wrote:  
I am sure I could reliably tell if a particular track was being played via KEF Blades or an iPhone.
Anyway, this is going off topic.  Has anyone got any SQ observations for Firmware 12.3.0

Now that would be an awesome blind test for all DC members to pass before making SQ observations.  Big Grin

I might have in a week or two, assuming they don’t bring out an update in the interim (which I think we’ll all agree is unlikely).

Haha! Big Grin
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
Well, I simply find that the latest firmware delivers sound as I want it. Nothing more, nothing less. It simply sounds right to my ears. My experience is, rather than go to loads of trouble to analyse a sound, simply look for what sounds right. Of course, a knowledge of how specific instruments should sound helps here, so an experience of live performances is essential. Listening to the latest firmware kind of assures me I am hearing the best to date. I just love it all.

Of course, if your system is out of sorts, maybe there is stuff there that needs attention. For sure it is a very simple personal system thing. You just need to sort out what is best for you.
(26-Jun-2018, 21:50)ssfas Wrote:
(24-Jun-2018, 05:15)Will Wrote: I have been using the latest upgraded software since its release and have not had any problems since.  The Roon transport device in use problem has not reoccurred and I have had absolutely no drop outs.  This is the longest stretch of problem free listening I have had with the Devialet since I purchased it three years ago.  

I am now also using extensively the AirPlay facility to stream Qobuz (not quite as good SQ as Roon Air - but OK).  The only remaining item on my Wishlist is the integration of Qobuz with Roon - I live in hope!

You'll have to wait a while to get Qobuz on Roon, seeing Qobuz ruled it out at least 2 years ago.
One of the advantages of the CI board is the ability to easily use AirPlay - which I have been using to stream Qobuz.  This prompted me to query Qobuz - while AirPlay has reasonable sound quality it can only handle up to CD quality and even then does not sound as good as Roon Air.  I mentioned to them that many Roon users would prefer Qobuz to Tidal but remain with Tidal due to the convenience of the integration.

In their reply Qobuz stated that "We are working on our integration into Roon...We do not wish to communicate on the evolution of these negotiations...But be aware that Qobuz is very interested in Roon."   

We live in hope!!!!!! Wink
(27-Jun-2018, 01:41)Will Wrote: We live in hope!!!!!! Wink

Indeed...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Roon Rock, Devialet 220 pro CI, Palmer 2.5 Turntable, AT OC9MLii, Classic Audio MC Pro Phono and Harbeth SHL5 Plus
(27-Jun-2018, 18:47)disarmamant Wrote:

Indeed...
Danny at Roon also made a post fairly recently about discussions with Qobuz which is a uturn from their usual ‘it’s not going to happen’ type stance.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(27-Jun-2018, 19:39)Hifi_swlon Wrote:
(27-Jun-2018, 18:47)disarmamant Wrote:

Indeed...
Danny at Roon also made a post fairly recently about discussions with Qobuz which is a uturn from their usual ‘it’s not going to happen’ type stance.
Indeed, and Roon’s Enno recently did a couple of presentations at Oxford Audio Consultants during which he stated that Roon is currently in talks with Qobuz and he said, Qobuz and Roon will happen! No timeline was given.
(27-Jun-2018, 19:55)Greg Wrote:
(27-Jun-2018, 19:39)Hifi_swlon Wrote:
(27-Jun-2018, 18:47)disarmamant Wrote: Indeed...
Indeed, and Roon’s Enno recently did a couple of presentations at Oxford Audio Consultants during which he stated that Roon is currently in talks with Qobuz and he said, Qobuz and Roon will happen! No timeline was given.

Doesn’t get much more positive than that! Smile

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<