Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Firmware 13.2.0 - DOS 2.2.6 for Expert Pro - Release note
I notice on the Devialet web page for Sweet Room that Mathieu Pernot has offered to help people with the EQ implementation. His address -- listed on the web page -- is mp at devialet.com.
Devialet Expert 220 Pro Kinki EX-M7 power amp tethered to a fiber-fed Lumin X1 streamer via Grimm XLRs, Vivid B1 Decade speakers in Rosso Barchetta red (only 200 produced in a limited edition), Roon Nucleus with a Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SSD, etherREGEN switch fed by a Sonore opticalModule (and Sonore-supplied transceivers and 1M optical cable) with a SOtM dCBL-Cat7 cable to my Nucleus and a DH Labs Reunion Cat8 to my Lumin T2 streamer, Keces P8 linear power supply feeding a (to come) NUC and EtherREGEN switch with an external AfterDark OCXO clock., and opticalModule (5V/1A), AudioQuest Niagara 1000 power conditioner, ASI LiveLine loom (purchased directly from Franck Tchang when I lived in France), Less Loss Firewall for Speakers and Roon lifetime license with Tidal streaming.
(19-Oct-2020, 12:07)thumb5 Wrote: It's high time Devialet produced a proper User Manual for the Expert Pro, explaining how all the DSP capabilities operate with each other.  This should also specify how they each affect both the pre-out and main outputs.

Apart from the fact that this would be a very useful reference document: firstly, we should not be having to work this out for ourselves by trial and error, and secondly, the process of writing this document would highlight some of the test cases Devialet should be using to verify that it all works as intended (which is by no means obviously the case at the moment).

I completely agree. The lack of a comprehensive user manual is reprehensible and completely unacceptable.
Qobuz, roon RAAT, Audiostore Prestige XL Optical, Synology NAS. Devialet Expert 250 Pro C/I. World Audio Design (DIY) KLS3 MkIII speakers, upgraded crossover and SEAS T25CF002 Millennium tweeters. Ethernet. Blue Jeans (Belden 5000) 10 gauge 5T00UP speaker cable.
(19-Oct-2020, 12:44)Vivialet Wrote: I have also used SAM when having the problems with only 4 or 5 working bands. I need to verify if it is working correctly without SAM (which is my default).

They have now confirmed to me my guess about SAM is correct, and sent me evidence that without SAM all 9 bands are applied, the way they phrase it sounds like some SAM profiles might not be affected. I've not had a change to experiment myself. They say they are working on getting all 9 bands working with SAM.
Roon, Rega P9 + Dynavector XX2Mk2 > 440 Pro > Sonus Faber Guarneri Evolution
good to know, thanks for sharing
(19-Oct-2020, 12:07)thumb5 Wrote: It's high time Devialet produced a proper User Manual for the Expert Pro, explaining how all the DSP capabilities operate with each other.  This should also specify how they each affect both the pre-out and main outputs.

Apart from the fact that this would be a very useful reference document: firstly, we should not be having to work this out for ourselves by trial and error, and secondly, the process of writing this document would highlight some of the test cases Devialet should be using to verify that it all works as intended (which is by no means obviously the case at the moment).

I completely agree!
Mac mini with Roon, Devialet 220 Pro CI, Black Sixteen speaker cables, Sonus Faber Guarneri Tradition and a pair of ears.
(19-Oct-2020, 06:49)Jean-Marie Wrote:
(19-Oct-2020, 04:16)Music or sound Wrote:
(18-Oct-2020, 10:15)Vivialet Wrote: and the next major bug in Sweet Room: as soon as you want to use your subwoofer which includes a highpass for the speakers of course the EQ is not acive anymore.
I understand that the EQ is not used for the pre-out which is good, but it should not stop working for the speakers. So currently you can use 4 bands and only if you don't want to use a sub. Not bad for 18 month of development...why do they not involve some users as beta testers ? All is secret and then they release such a buggy stuff. Maybe we should find another name for it, something like random room...

Update: it is not deactivated if you activate the pre-out but if you use a highpass for the speakers.

Thanks for that info, I am using the digital crossover function (low pass for pre out and high pass for the amp section) so I don't have to waste my time with Sweet Room

A workaround could be to use one of the filters to implement such a high pass directly in Sweet Room. 

Although at a second thought, since I believe sweet room online uses notch filters and not shelves filters, it could be a bit tricky to achieve.

Jean-Marie

Also the cross-over function allows time delays for time alignment which Sweet Room doesn't
(18-Oct-2020, 23:34)aftonomos Wrote: Stick with air play which works perfectly.

You may want to use UPnP instead to remain bit-perfect. I use UPnP with Audirvana over Wi-Fi 6 Wave 2 on macOS Big Sur and it works beautiful. No drop-outs ever, no clicks.
I haven't seen it in any post which make me wonder if I am the only one who got a new display colour after the upgrade? The digits for volume are now blue, and more difficult to see from certain angles.
Spiral Groove/Soundsmith - jRiver/Audiophile Optimizer/Process Lasso - Devialet 1000 pro - Rockport Ankaa
Nordost Valhalla, Brahma, Frey2+ & Tyr2/Ansuz Mainz C/D8
Isoacoustics OREA/Shunyata Dark Field/Nordost QV/QK
Devialet Gemini
(19-Oct-2020, 14:10)Soniclife Wrote:
(19-Oct-2020, 12:44)Vivialet Wrote: I have also used SAM when having the problems with only 4 or 5 working bands. I need to verify if it is working correctly without SAM (which is my default).

They have now confirmed to me my guess about SAM is correct, and sent me evidence that without SAM all 9 bands are applied, the way they phrase it sounds like some SAM profiles might not be affected.  I've not had a change to experiment myself.  They say they are working on getting all 9 bands working with SAM.

Thank you! I thought I'd imagined that I had seen all my EQ bands working, then suddenly I was subject to the 5-band limitation. That was because I'd turned SAM back on after not using it for months (due to twin subs). I still think there's more to the bug though... I couldn't get one of my five filters to work until I moved it down to slot #1 or #2.
Oh, I keep forgetting to ask: do we know if it's 5 bands PER CHANNEL, or 5 bands in total?
JRiver v25 (Windows) >> 220Pro/CI >> PMC Twenty5.23 + twin KEF KC62 subs. One White Phantom.
(23-Oct-2020, 13:04)frejo Wrote: I haven't seen it in any post which make me wonder if I am the only one who got a new display colour after the upgrade? The digits for volume are now blue, and more difficult to see from certain angles.

I noticed your first post about this. I don't see any color change on my display, on any unit. Also, Devialet release notes are not saying nothing about color to be changed.
Can you provide a picture/photo with your display?