Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Firmware 9.0.1
(26-Dec-2015, 14:01)moreno1973 Wrote:
(26-Dec-2015, 10:27)Cylob Wrote:
(24-Dec-2015, 23:14)moreno1973 Wrote: IMO great soundstage plus more musicality in the mids and highs is offering 7.1.3 comparing to 8.1.3

Your so right on that. Installed it an I really love 7.1.3.
The width of the soundstage, the bass, the warmth of the mids and highs without loosing any of the airiness.
It gives USB output everything I loved about Ethernet 8.1.3 and some more. No more AIR frustration for me.
Cheers mate!

Happy to hear it:-)

Now I am comparing 7.1.3. with 9.0.1 (DPM OFF!). New firmware has more low tones. Bass is deeper, stronger and firmer. I think is better than in 8.1.3. 

But with IMO 9.0.1 there is less airiness and I hear smaller soundstage than with 7.1.3.

Bummer. There's that trade-off once again. Sad
Looks like you might go back to 7.1.3...

I'm still a happy camper after hours and hours of playing my reference library with 7.3.1.
Haven't heard anything that came out worse then before.
Even harsh stuff plays smooth and crystal clear now.
Devialet Expert 200 (FW 7.1.3) / Magnepan 1.7i / Rel T5 / Foobar (WASAPI event 24bit) / AIR 3.0.1 public beta (best Air 3.x.x SQ by far)
(26-Dec-2015, 14:53)Cylob Wrote:
(26-Dec-2015, 14:01)moreno1973 Wrote:
(26-Dec-2015, 10:27)Cylob Wrote: Your so right on that. Installed it an I really love 7.1.3.
The width of the soundstage, the bass, the warmth of the mids and highs without loosing any of the airiness.
It gives USB output everything I loved about Ethernet 8.1.3 and some more. No more AIR frustration for me.
Cheers mate!

Happy to hear it:-)

Now I am comparing 7.1.3. with 9.0.1 (DPM OFF!). New firmware has more low tones. Bass is deeper, stronger and firmer. I think is better than in 8.1.3. 

But with IMO 9.0.1 there is less airiness and I hear smaller soundstage than with 7.1.3.

Bummer. There's that trade-off once again. Sad
Looks like you might go back to 7.1.3...

I'm still a happy camper after hours and hours of playing my reference library with 7.3.1.
Haven't heard anything that came out worse then before.
Even harsh stuff plays smooth and crystal clear now.

Wait some days...You will be much happier:-)

Smooth and crystal clear with great soundstage and fun factor while listening music. As I said before with 7,1,3 my 200 is a right match for my loudspeakers (SF Auditor M).
8.1.3 was much more harsher and caused fatigue after 1 hour of listening.
(26-Dec-2015, 11:53)Cylob Wrote:
(26-Dec-2015, 10:37)LEPPAL Wrote: Can anyone provide a link to 7.1.3? I can't seems to access it from Devialte's site. Any assistance is much appreciated.

For anyone else who needs,
here's a link to older firmwares Rufus posted in the 7.1.3 topic.

Link to Rufus post with old firmwares [#375]

Straight link to download area

Will the configuration files from 8.1.3 work with 7.1.3?

Basically, how can one generate configuration files for an old firmware version that is no longer supported by the configurator?
D400; Stereolab Tombo Tron coaxial for master -> slave; Kubala-Sosna Elation interconnects, power, and speaker cables; Spendor D7 speakers; Bryston BDP-2 w. latest sound card & upgraded fuses; Bybee Stealth Power Purifier conditioner connected with IsoTek EVO3 Syncro SE to wall socket
(27-Dec-2015, 18:58)miro Wrote:
(26-Dec-2015, 11:53)Cylob Wrote:
(26-Dec-2015, 10:37)LEPPAL Wrote: Can anyone provide a link to 7.1.3? I can't seems to access it from Devialte's site. Any assistance is much appreciated.

For anyone else who needs,
here's a link to older firmwares Rufus posted in the 7.1.3 topic.

Will the configuration files from 8.1.3 work with 7.1.3?

Basically, how can one generate configuration files for an old firmware version that is no longer supported by the configurator?

I dont know but I think if you dont use any of the new features like RAM or SAM V2 you can use the configurator today for a old firmware but I am not shure. Otherwise you need to have an old configuration file to use. I have all firmwares back to 7.1.1 but I was stupid not to save any of the old configurations file on my computer.
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

Devialet don't really make it clear about backwards/forwards compatibility with the configurator. They don't seem to even publish the version of the configurator at any one time. The assumption seems to be the configurator will write a config for the current version, but not necessarily an older one. I've tried to write configs for earlier firmware versions and they're not always recognised by my D200, and I now make sure I keep a copy of the config alongside each firmware version just in case I want to revert versions at any time.
It should in theory be possible and quite easy for them to make previous configurator versions available if the current configurator isn't capable of producing configs for earlier firmware versions - and/or sort out their backward/forward compatibility.
The right firmware is system dependent. In my system 7.1.3 is nice but loses out on the bass. The bass is more present on 8.1.3 and 9.0.1. Not a small difference in my system.

7.1.3 is more relaxed and has a great soundstage. The soundstage is impressive. The 9.0.1 (and 8.1.3) is in your face. Your transported from back row to front row and the soundstage is is probably more realistic compared to 7.1.3. (Not as exciting!)

I will stick with 9.0.1 for the coming weeks to see if I can get used to it.
Devialet 220pro - Sonus Faber Olympica II - Moon Neo 260D - Oppo BDP103 - Lessloss DFPC Signature - Lessloss Firewall - Intel NUC - AQ USB Coffee

The Netherlands
As far as my experimenting has gone, the current configurator (at least before 9 came out) could write files compatible back to at least 7.1.1 which I use. There was a hazy ground when the SAm v2 first came out, and a few bugs, but essentially a new config should be backwards compatible - both SAm versions are written to the file and any unrecognised settings are ignored. How far beyond 7.1.1 you can go back I'm not sure.

I only have a 200 and don't configure it extensively, so I'm sure there could be situations where things might come a cropper, but so far has been ok for me.

What would be really nice is that the configurator showed hints as to what version each setting requires so you didn't have to remember what settings worked with what version, to save adjusting things that have no affect with what you're running. Or have a drop down in the advanced configurator for firmware in use, so it could grey out irrelevant features. I guess they assume the latest but thats not a very good system.

Hope everyone had a great Christmas btw. Just back and saw this new major firmware thread, and unless I'm mistaken (haven't had time to read all the way through) it adds practically nothing unless you buy a '900' in which case it lets you use it. Unless I'm missing something?

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(23-Dec-2015, 21:22)moreno1973 Wrote: Hi Moreno1973,

After listening for 9.0.1 for a while, I switch back to 7.1.3.
Immediately this brings a smile on my face.
Itzhak Perlman's violin doesn't sound as natural in 9.0.1 compare to 7.1.3.
i feel the emotion from the ballads from Emilie-Claire Barlow and Tord Gustavsen's piano has less sibilants...

Perhaps 7.1.3 is the reason that i acquired my Devialet (the time which the firmware was released).
And this firmware is probably going to stay for some time.

Not to discourage the folks using 9.0.1, it is probably my system that plays a part.
Hope to hear more feedback from rest of the guys.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello,

Nice to know that Someone has similar opinions:-)
I agree with that quote, ,,brings a smile on my face"
and 7.1.3 is the reason I STILL OWN 200;-)

Best regards
Chris

Hi, would you be kind enough to send me the 7.1.3 files please. I'd like to make a comparison. Thanks and regards
Devialet 250 Firmware 10.1 SAM 100% (USB & AIR Ethernet) Wilson Audio Duette (MK1), REL S3, Innuos Zenith 2TB SSD, Roon, Audioquest Diamond & Chord Epic Reference. Qobuz & Tidal.
Here you go, Floyd:

Devialet Expert 200 (FW 7.1.3) / Magnepan 1.7i / Rel T5 / Foobar (WASAPI event 24bit) / AIR 3.0.1 public beta (best Air 3.x.x SQ by far)
(29-Dec-2015, 18:21)Cylob Wrote: Here you go, Floyd:

Many thanks Cylob and Happy New Year.
Devialet 250 Firmware 10.1 SAM 100% (USB & AIR Ethernet) Wilson Audio Duette (MK1), REL S3, Innuos Zenith 2TB SSD, Roon, Audioquest Diamond & Chord Epic Reference. Qobuz & Tidal.