Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Focal Sopra No.2
Hi, here is a tool for the optimization of the space and location of the speakers! Good guide with lots of background information. I have solved my space problems with this tool!

http://www.hunecke.de/en/calculators/loudspeakers.html
Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria
(15-Jul-2017, 11:01)K4680 Wrote: Hi, here is a tool for the optimization of the space and location of the speakers! Good guide with lots of background information. I have solved my space problems with this tool!

Thank you. Quite interesting tool indeed. 

Jean-Marie
MacBook Air M2 -> RAAT/Air -> WiFi -> PLC -> Ethernet -> Devialet 220pro with Core Infinity (upgraded from 120) -> AperturA Armonia
France
(15-Jul-2017, 12:33)Jean-Marie Wrote:
(15-Jul-2017, 11:01)K4680 Wrote: Hi, here is a tool for the optimization of the space and location of the speakers! Good guide with lots of background information. I have solved my space problems with this tool!

Thank you. Quite interesting tool indeed. 

Jean-Marie

Nothing to thank, Jean-Marie!
Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria
(08-Feb-2016, 01:06)apichetk Wrote: Hi everyone,

This is my first post and I'm planning to buy my first stereo system!  I've learned a lot from you guys' posts and would greatly appreciate if you can offer me your opinions for my situation.

A bit about my listening.  I mainly listen to classical (violin, piano, orchestra) and vocals (female and male) and my main source is Tidal.  I use Windows laptop, and Android tablet and mobile phone.  I hope to stream my Tidal music to the Devialet 200 in which I plan to buy as my integrated amp.

For speakers, I'm contemplating between the Sopra 2, 1028Be and PMC Twenty 26.  I have auditioned them and found the Sopra 2 to be the best and the 1028s and 26s to be a tie while being different with the 26s being relatively more neutral.  I wonder whether any of you have listened to any of these speakers driven by the 200?  If money is no object, I would have opted for the Sopra 2 right away...so I'm contemplating if I should stretch my budget or if I will end up happy with either of the latter two speakers.

Lastly, is the 200 enough to drive the Sopra 2 effortlessly given the room size of no more than 30 sq.m.?

Thanks everyone!
Finally, it seems you chose the PMC Twenty5 and not the SOPRA N2.
I'm owner of a Devialet D200 and SOPRA N2. These are really (to my ears) a perfect match with the Devialet. My problem is that the SOPRA are not W.A.F and they are huge comparing to our previous loudspeakers.
I'm thinking about selling the SOPRA N2 and buying the PMC twenty5.23...

Do you think the bass and precision can compare with the SOPRA ? it's less than half the size of FOCAL so my wife will be happy BUT will I lose a lot (musicality, bass extension….) by doing so ?  Blush

Thanks everyone !
Those two speakers are really different. You should audition and not buy blindly.

I've had Focals for some time and liked the sound. Then I went to my dealer for a demo of the PMCs, after reading everywhere good reviews. But I was missing something and could not get comfortable with the PMCs... So you should go hear for yourself!
(28-May-2018, 14:14)Stino Wrote: Those two speakers are really different. You should audition and not buy blindly.

I've had Focals for some time and liked the sound. Then I went to my dealer for a demo of the PMCs, after reading everywhere good reviews. But I was missing something and could not get comfortable with the PMCs... So you should go hear for yourself!

thanks for you reply… Problem is that I'm far away from dealers…200 kms more or less and I have no time to make auditions since I'm quite busy...  
SO I should admit that most of the time I rely first on reviews, testings and forums to make my opinion. Angel

Interesting that you feel a difference between Focal sound and PMC. Were your loudpeakers Sopra ? Or others ? Huh 
I definitely find the sound of Sopra better and less harsh than Electra or Profile's loudspeakers… PMC Twenty5 have very good reviews, but you're right, we have not all the same ears... Big Grin
Would recommend Twenty5 / 26 , nice in sound and optic with DEV

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk
I am driving a pair of twenty 26 with a D200. I auditioned them against audio physic, focal, elac, proac, harbeth, spendor. I cannot recall the exact.models, more than four years have passed since then.

I liked them for.their neutrality and superb bass management. Devialet being equally transparent to the source you get exactly what was intended from the mastering team of every studio.

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk
Very true that the PMCs are very neutral.

Some may perceive this as missing the 'boogy' factor that the Sopra has.

Again, you really should try to audition. I'm quite sure the sound of the PMCs will come as a surprise to you!
I will try to test the PMC Twenty5 23 or 24… It's a pity I can't compare the 2 loudspeakers easily ! Then I could figure out if the PMC can have the bass management and the medium impact of the SOPRA N2...
I love the "groovy" (or boogy) factor of the SOPRAs and their design…
My wife doesn't care about music… and hate their size…

Maybe I should change my wife… Wink