Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Focus Fidelity Filter Designer
The target curve in this review is more than strange…
(15-Jan-2023, 12:34)Vivialet Wrote: The target curve in this review is more than strange…

I does look a bit odd, almost like the curve has been created to match the speakers own in room response between 100 and 1000Hz. That said, I agree with the conclusion of the review.

I also note that the article states that you can "import other curves". I know that you can import your own curves that you have created yourself using FFFD. I do not think you can import "other curves", from a data base or whatever. Maybe you can? 

Either way, this would be a nice feature I think, maybe with some kind of link to a data base of of the key curve variants to try.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
I think it’s a good approach to take into account the individual speaker‘s curve.
Recommendation how to do?
of course you need to take this into account. But if you draw the target curve along the speakers response you will end up with a processed signal and the same frequency response. In my experience this will be worse compared to the original signal.
The goal should be to approach the speaker response to a target curve, not the other way round.
Wouldn’t it be great to have a speaker response / measurement database - like Devialet - so you can select your speaker to take that into account?
the in-room response is different for every setup, that would not help.
Ya sure - but the database would provide the groundwork of the individual speaker curve orientation.
but that would be useless. The gal of the correction is not only to correct room related issues but also speaker issues. You don't want to match the speaker response under ideal conditions, you want to match a target curve. Most speakers do not even match this target curve under ideal conditions.
yesterday I tried the latest version of Focus Fidelity with very good results. It seems the algorithm has been improved with the last versions.
It makes definitly sense to redo a measurement and the processing if you have skipped some versions like me.
That is great to hear! I am sure many will appreciate the improvement it makes.