Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Invitation to send your PRO to Paris
(02-Jan-2018, 16:58)jmlight1 Wrote: After a bit of a wait, I finally got my shipping boxes right before Christmas.  Like many, I chose to wait till after the Holidays, and this morning I packed it up and sent it off to Syracuse.....fingers crossed.

The shop performing the upgrade got my 130 Pro on Jan 4th, and I got an email from Fed Ex yesterday it is now on its way back home.  Turnaround of 6 days, 2 of which were over a weekend.  That was fast....

Tomorrow it should be back in place with the new board
Expert 140 Pro CI  Zu Omen Mk II DW's
Packed up my 1000Pro Sunday night, it was collected yesterday and I have just received the UPS notification of delivery in France. It looks like they have had a similar journey to that posted by @Gerronwithit , including a few laps of Donnington park and Le Mans on route. Anyway, they are 'safe' in Devialet's hands now.

I wonder how long the queue at Devialet is currently? I will update when I know more.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
huh... :>)
I will definitely wait for your feedback before I send mine...
@Confused: I hope the upgrade process goes smoothly in your case.

I'm sure you will like how the upgraded Expert Pro sounds like Smile
Bluesound Node > Matrix Audio X-SPDIF 2 > Genelec 8351B & 7360A
Devialet 1000 Pro
Bluesound Node 2i > Genelec 8330
Tampere, Finland
(16-Jan-2018, 16:13)Confused Wrote: Packed up my 1000Pro Sunday night, it was collected yesterday and I have just received the UPS notification of delivery in France.  It looks like they have had a similar journey to that posted by @Gerronwithit , including a few laps of Donnington park and Le Mans on route.  Anyway, they are 'safe' in Devialet's hands now.

I wonder how long the queue at Devialet is currently?  I will update when I know more.

@Confused, despite some early teething problems, I am more than pleased with the CI Board upgrade and I am sure you will be Smile. Yes there are still some issues with Roon/AIR which impact on me, but nothing major (DSD64 and 176.4 over AIR). The beta10 software revision has, for me anyway, cleared up most of the major issues, and I am sure that the next iteration will be even better  Smile. Not too sure what software your Dev will come back with, but the AES/EBU and USB inputs, which I believe you mostly use, have been working fine on all firmware revisions for the CI Board upgrade.

David
1. NUC6i5SYH running ROON ROCK > ROON/AIR > Ethernet > Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity> Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers,
or, as alternative, 
2. Wyred4Sound MS-2 Server, Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity, Theta Jade CD Transport, Pure 702ES Tuner, Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers, misc cables

UK
So what happens after you send the amp back? Do Devialet advise a timeframe or inform you when the job is complete, or is the next thing you get is a UPS notification of the return? I am sat looking at two empty shelves on my hifi rack, it hurts!
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
In the US one gets informed when your unit(s) have arrived at their workshops and they provide a rough ETA on when they will be done installing the new Core Infinity board(s). Sometimes this message comes later than when they actually receive the unit(s).

Then once they are done they will send you a second email with tracking information.
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
(16-Jan-2018, 22:19)Confused Wrote: So what happens after you send the amp back?  Do Devialet advise a timeframe or inform you when the job is complete, or is the next thing you get is a UPS notification of the return?  I am sat looking at two empty shelves on my hifi rack, it hurts!

In my case, I received an email from Judith, at Devialet, telling me that my Unit had arrived in their workshop and the job would take no more than 15 days. This e-mail was followed by another, 9 days later, telling me that the job had been completed! This was followed, the next day, by an e-mail from UPS giving me tracking details. Return would have been two days, but we were away so I had to delay delivery. If I had been around to accept delivery, my 1000 Pro would have been away for circa 13 days.

David
1. NUC6i5SYH running ROON ROCK > ROON/AIR > Ethernet > Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity> Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers,
or, as alternative, 
2. Wyred4Sound MS-2 Server, Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity, Theta Jade CD Transport, Pure 702ES Tuner, Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers, misc cables

UK
(16-Jan-2018, 23:20)baddog Wrote: In the US one gets informed when your unit(s) have arrived at their workshops and they provide a rough ETA on when they will be done installing the new Core Infinity board(s). Sometimes this message comes later than when they actually receive the unit(s).

Then once they are done they will send you a second email with tracking information.

I have to say that it looks like the service you get in the US is a little more proactive that we get in Europe.  I received the UPS notification of delivery to Devialet on Tuesday and the email from Judith arrived today. (Thursday)  This email is exactly as posted by @brit stating that return would be within 15 working days, so no guidance on ETA, just the 15 days maximim limit.  Taking two days to advise that the amps have arrived safely is a little slow, and it would have been nice to get a bit of guidance regarding the predicted time frame.  Oh well, I am at least happy that I have had the official confirmation that they have arrived safely.  Nothing to do now but wait patiently..... Sad
I received an email today to inform me my unit is on it's way back, exactly one week since UPS collected from me. I think Devialet are just being cautious with 15 day time frame as you never know what could occur. I'm in the UK.