Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
IsoAcoustics OREA isolation footers
(09-Jan-2021, 02:40)ICUDoc Wrote: Then, just because they were literally lying on the floor next to the amps, I tried four IsoAcoustics Puck MiniMonitor Isolation pads, one under each of the Devialets' feet, replacing the 3 Orea Bronze which had been under the amps in a triangle configuration..
And suddenly, everything improved again- spaciousness, holography, separation.
So now I need to buy two more Orea Bronze to make four under each amp, to see if that is a further step up.
Very surprising, but if you have both Orea Bronze and Mini pucks I urge you to try them to see what you think.
Happy listening!

I, too, am interested in your findings. Thanks for sharing!
Debbie
Audiolab 6000CDT, Innuos Zenith MK II, Roon, Synology NAS, D250 Pro CI, Graham Audio Chartwell LS6f, Thorens TD-160, Pickering XV-15 1200e
(09-Jan-2021, 21:11)musialsuspect Wrote:
(09-Jan-2021, 02:40)ICUDoc Wrote: Then, just because they were literally lying on the floor next to the amps, I tried four IsoAcoustics Puck MiniMonitor Isolation pads, one under each of the Devialets' feet, replacing the 3 Orea Bronze which had been under the amps in a triangle configuration..
And suddenly, everything improved again- spaciousness, holography, separation.
So now I need to buy two more Orea Bronze to make four under each amp, to see if that is a further step up.
Very surprising, but if you have both Orea Bronze and Mini pucks I urge you to try them to see what you think.
Happy listening!

I, too, am interested in your findings. Thanks for sharing!
Debbie

By coincidence I had similar advice from the Dutch importer of IsoAcoustics yesterday, when I asked his advice about the number of Orea’s to use. He advised 4 Orea Bronze over 3 Indigo (stacked) or three Bronze (per Devialet). Haven’t ordered yet to try, but still intrigued.
Aurender N10 - Kharma Enigma Signature AES/EBU - Devialet 400 - MIT SL-Matrix 28s - Audio Physic Virgo 25 Plus - IsoAcoustics Gaia II - AudioQuest Diamond RCA-AES between Master and Companion - Silent Angel Bonn N8 - AudioQuest Diamond Ethernet cable - Keces P3 with Hifi-Tuning Supreme 3 Silver fuse - GigaWatt 16A automatic circuit breaker - Vibex One 6 Cu - Shunyata Research ΞTRON Alpha Digital and ΞTRON Z PC-10 powercords - Qobuz 24 bit Studio

The Netherlands
(09-Dec-2020, 20:05)Zappydev Wrote:
(27-Jan-2020, 11:07)JFX Wrote: Hi i have a tip when it comes to IsoAucoustics!
I did see this ones on thoman.de for really nice price for a set of 8 pcs https://www.thomann.de/gb/isoacoustics_i...ni_set.htm
I did order them and they works really nice under my Devialet 1000 PRO I don't know if there is a big diffrens with the Oreas beside that the Oreas has a metal casing while this ones has casing of plastic! The best part is the price that is a fraction against the Oreas!
And I love how they keep my Devialet in place those I have quite heavy power cables that did make them move before!

Thanks for the tip, JFX. I ordered a set of these from Thoman because, as you say, at that price they are a steal. I popped them under my Od’A and at first I thought Wow! - that has really widened the soundstage.  However, once I sat down and started listening, I was pretty horrified at the result. I couldn’t believe what a difference they made, and not for the better. Then I realised that I had connected one set of speaker cables bass-ackwards, and I was out-of-phase.  Confused  Once I had fixed that, everything was fine once again, and I have convinced myself that there is indeed a small improvement   For the money spent, I am well pleased, so thanks again for the heads-up.

Glad if it did do some for your sound and if it did not change much they are superb on holding the Devialets in place ;-) What I had to do was to move the iso pucks cc about 5 cm from the each corner of the Devialets to the middle in a X and I did find, I did get best results sound vice I think the distance can depend on what underlay one have under the Devialets but try out and find if you get any differences in sound.
Devialet 1000 PRO CI, Franco Serblin Ktema. Power Distribution Purist Audio Design AC Extension LE, Purist Audio Neptune speaker cable, Purist Audio Neptune Diamond power cable to Devialet, Purist Audio Aquila Digital Power Cord to Innuos Statement, Innuos PhoenixNET, Purist Audio Dominus digital For link between Devialet 1000 PRO. Purist Audio CAT 7, AVID - Sequel SP with SME 309 and Soundsmith - The Voice, IsoAcoustics Gaia II , Innuos Statement, Innuos PhoenixNET, Router with Ferrum Hypsos PSU.
I bought four Orea Bronze and place them under each feet of Dev. 220, nothing spectacular happened.

Then i made what Orea advises: "don´t place the Orea feets under the amp feets", i moved them to the outside of the original feet and... voilá!
Mac mini with Roon, Devialet 220 Pro CI, Black Sixteen speaker cables, Sonus Faber Guarneri Tradition and a pair of ears.
(11-Jan-2021, 17:07)BoyScout Wrote: I bought four Orea Bronze and place them under each feet of Dev. 220, nothing spectacular happened.

Then i made what Orea advises: "don´t place the Orea feets under the amp feets", i moved them to the outside of the original feet and... voilá!

Hi, just to be curious, I can't see there is space for placing the Orea feets outside the Devialet original feets. Did you mean inside the feets?
[Image: Expert_Packshot_1000bottom3-4_open.png?f...nsion=webp]
Devialet 1000 Pro, Black Magic DIG-IT MKII RCA-XLR link- Wilson Audio Sophia 3, IsoAcoustic GAIA 1- Roon Nucleus Plus, inboard 8TB SSD, Sbooster power supply- Synergistic Research Atmosphere Devialet Spec AC, Tesla T3 & Hologram D - Synergistic Research PowerCell 10 - Chord English switch, Wireworld Starlight TWINAX CAT 8 - Synergistic Research Tesla Apex speaker cables
                                                                                                                                 Oslo - Norway
(26-Apr-2021, 09:02)Toca Wrote:
(11-Jan-2021, 17:07)BoyScout Wrote: I bought four Orea Bronze and place them under each feet of Dev. 220, nothing spectacular happened.

Hi, just to be curious, I can't see there is space for placing the Orea feets outside the Devialet original feets. Did you mean inside the feets?
[Image: Expert_Packshot_1000bottom3-4_open.png?f...nsion=webp]

Exactly. Immediately after and inside the original feets.
(Sorry for my late answer).
Mac mini with Roon, Devialet 220 Pro CI, Black Sixteen speaker cables, Sonus Faber Guarneri Tradition and a pair of ears.
I am also intending to use IsoAcoustics under my Niagara 5000. Has anyone experience when using them on power conditioners?
(04-Mar-2024, 08:58)markush Wrote: I am also intending to use IsoAcoustics under my Niagara 5000. Has anyone experience when using them on power conditioners?
I have them under my 440 Pro as well as under my speakers.   I hadn’t thought about how they’d do under my power conditioner.   Inquiring minds want to know… ;-)
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA