Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Master/slave link
(18-Mar-2015, 20:51)Mikeeo Wrote:
(18-Mar-2015, 20:47)thumb5 Wrote: Mike - very interesting, thanks for sharing.  Looks like a very nicely-made cable.

Yes, it is very nicely made! No stiffness, very light, plugs superb in fitting.
Here's a link: http://www.cabledyne.com/rca-xlr-adapter.html
Please note that my XLR plug is the one from Xhadow and not the one in the picture and this is not the 75 ohm version.
Total price incl pp: USD 320

/Mike

So, did you order the copper version?
D400; Stereolab Tombo Tron coaxial for master -> slave; Kubala-Sosna Elation interconnects, power, and speaker cables; Spendor D7 speakers; Bryston BDP-2 w. latest sound card & upgraded fuses; Bybee Stealth Power Purifier conditioner connected with IsoTek EVO3 Syncro SE to wall socket
(23-Mar-2015, 21:18)miro Wrote:
(18-Mar-2015, 20:47)thumb5 Wrote: Mike - very interesting, thanks for sharing.  Looks like a very nicely-made cable.

Please note that my XLR plug is the one from Xhadow and not the one in the picture and this is not the 75 ohm version.

/Mike

Silver version!
Ex D400 Now Aavik U-300/Feickert Woodpecker2-Kuzma 4P-Kondo silver-Benz LPS-Teddy Pardo PSU/Naim Unitiserve-Teddy Pardo PSU/SF Guarneri Homage/Whole system decoupled by Ansuz DTC/Cables from Ansuz, DYI and other commercial/Dedicated mains and spur-Lampizator SILK
(23-Mar-2015, 23:06)Mikeeo Wrote:
(23-Mar-2015, 21:18)miro Wrote:

/Mike

Silver version!

Then how is the total price $320?
I do not see such a configuration for the silver version.

How much time from your order till you received the cable?
Are you in the US?
D400; Stereolab Tombo Tron coaxial for master -> slave; Kubala-Sosna Elation interconnects, power, and speaker cables; Spendor D7 speakers; Bryston BDP-2 w. latest sound card & upgraded fuses; Bybee Stealth Power Purifier conditioner connected with IsoTek EVO3 Syncro SE to wall socket

/Mike

Mike,

Can you explain exactly what you ordered?

Why did you order it with a Xhadow XLR plug, and not the one from the picture?
How did that change the price?

If it is not the 75-ohm version, then what is it?
(24-Mar-2015, 07:25)miro Wrote:

/Mike

Mike,

Hi,

It was custom order of their silver 75 ohm cable were one end had the RCA changed for XLR plug configured for 'standard' RCA to XLR conversion. Meaning 'positive' RCA to 'signal positive' (pin 2) on the XLR then RCA 'shield' to 'signal negative' bridged with 'shield' (pins 3 and 1, resp) on the XLR side. This is the normal way of config RCA ro XLR. 
About plugs: I do believe and did many test my self with plugs through the years and they certainly are the deciding factor if a cable will 'sound' at its best or not. Not only will the plug put its signature to the performance but also if wires are soldered, welded or something else. Hence I ordered, even if I didn't have any experience with the Xhadow since before, the Xhadow XLR as people I trust told me these are a better plugs. But until you try different plugs for the same cable it may be hard to believe. I've been diy for more than 25 years and not only cables.
There is also the practical/mechanical side of a plug that plays a role, how well it will fit and the contact it will create. If you will unplug and plug many times some plugs will loose their fit and function.
The fit of this plugs to the Devialet contacts are just perfect.
So, my shipping cost from US to Sweden was USD 39, so the cable cost me USD 281. I ordered 0,7 meters (cost USD 216) and I guess the XLR cost me USD 65 extra.

Hope this answers your questions/Mike
Ex D400 Now Aavik U-300/Feickert Woodpecker2-Kuzma 4P-Kondo silver-Benz LPS-Teddy Pardo PSU/Naim Unitiserve-Teddy Pardo PSU/SF Guarneri Homage/Whole system decoupled by Ansuz DTC/Cables from Ansuz, DYI and other commercial/Dedicated mains and spur-Lampizator SILK
(24-Mar-2015, 08:20)Mikeeo Wrote:

/Mike

Mike,

Hi,

It was custom order of their silver 75 ohm cable were one end had the RCA changed for XLR plug configured for 'standard' RCA to XLR conversion. Meaning 'positive' RCA to 'signal positive' (pin 2) on the XLR then RCA 'shield' to 'signal negative' bridged with 'shield' (pins 3 and 1, resp) on the XLR side. This is the normal way of config RCA ro XLR. 
About plugs: I do believe and did many test my self with plugs through the years and they certainly are the deciding factor if a cable will 'sound' at its best or not. Not only will the plug put its signature to the performance but also if wires are soldered, welded or something else. Hence I ordered, even if I didn't have any experience with the Xhadow since before, the Xhadow XLR as people I trust told me these are a better plugs. But until you try different plugs for the same cable it may be hard to believe. I've been diy for more than 25 years and not only cables.
There is also the practical/mechanical side of a plug that plays a role, how well it will fit and the contact it will create. If you will unplug and plug many times some plugs will loose their fit and function.
So, my shipping cost from US to Sweden was USD 39, so the cable cost me USD 281. I ordered 0,7 meters (cost USD 216) and I guess the XLR cost me USD 65 extra.

Thank you!

BTW, did you previously use a Neutrik NA2MPMM adapter + an AES/EBU cable for the same purpose, and how does it compare with the new cable?
(24-Mar-2015, 10:11)miro Wrote:

/Mike

Mike,

Hi,

Thank you!

BTW, did you previously use a Neutrik NA2MPMM adapter + an AES/EBU cable for the same purpose, and how does it compare with the new cable?

I'm using the Neutrik adapter with an XLR cable and it is working very well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis
amabrok's system - Latest update (May 2015, Page 11, Post #109)

Dubai, UAE
Thank you!

U'r welcome!

No I didn't use the adapter however I always used Neutriks XLR as I though these were as good or better than many high priced competitors. Please note that I used the silver coated pin version which to me gave a sonic advantage compared to the other XLR versions.
My own construction def was better than my own construction RCA-RCA and that one vastly better than the supplied Crystal. Cabledyne gave that extra latency fix and directly I heard a better stereo focus, ie coherence between channels actually reminded me of a single 200 (stereo mode of course).

/Mike
[/quote]

/Mike

Mike,

Hi,

Why custom order of their 75 ohm coaxial cable, and not the 110 ohm AES/EBU?
(25-Mar-2015, 21:19)miro Wrote:

/Mike

Mike,

Hi,

Why custom order of their 75 ohm coaxial cable, and not the 110 ohm AES/EBU?

I figured that the least interface for the signal to 'see' would be to take the '75' ohm out signal and then through a 75 ohm cable to finally be transformed at the AES/EBU side by its internal transformer. 
I know that Thierry recommended to use a 110 ohm cable for the RCA to XLR but I couldn't see the advantage of that. 
If someone tested with a 110 ohm cable, please tell us how it worked out!?

/Mike