Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My thoughts on Devialet
(30-Mar-2020, 02:50)Damon Wrote: We don't think you're gloating, but you can gloat if you want to. I've read so many posts over the years where members here are genuinely happy to hear that someone has bought some other product that thrills them. But your posts mix new and used prices over time, and add a series of bad experiences with dealers, including a 'member' here who posts only to buy and sell equipment, and who is not a Devialet dealer though he adopts that posture online. You're also presenting your opinions as absolute facts, whether about sound quality or about the positions of other members.

I disagree with this completely. I expressed no opinion as fact. I apologize if I missed something, but what opinion did I suggest as fact. Please enlighten me.

I bought the Gryphon with a 30 day money back guarantee, I can get the D'agstino on loan from a dealer here just waiting for stock.

Look man my point still stand Devialet 1000 50k Diablo 300 With dac and phono 24K.

If that statement makes sense to everyone here ok I am the nut and I apologize to everyone here.
Since when 1000. Pro cost $50k
On the web site it’s $35k

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(30-Mar-2020, 00:26)griffithstrife Wrote: I am simply saying Devialet as a business as a company is out of touch with reality and is believing their own BS.

That would be true if your assessment of the value of the Devialet amps were representative of the way a majority of owners feel.

I don't think it's the case.

I personally feel just the opposite. It has never been my impression that huge separates costing way more deliver better sound quality.

Now, one important caveat, is that the Devialet needs clean power to deliver its potential. And that means that a regenerator such as my PS Audio P10 Powerplant (or more recent versions such as the P15 or P20) is an important piece of equipment to use together with the Devialet. It does add to the price and bulk, but even so it is still much cheaper than the very best it can be compared to.

But then again, I join others here in feeling happy that you have found something that works for you.

Cheers,
Bernard
Room: Gik Acoustics | Vibration: Townshend pods | Power: Shunyata Omega XC + Everest + Sigma NR v2 + Sigma ground cables | Source: Mojo Audio DejaVu EVO linux server running Roon core (Raat) | Ethernet: Sonore Optical module + Melco S10P with dedicated LPS + Shunyata Omega Ethernet x 2| Synchronous: Mutec MC-3 + USB (Paul Hynes SR7T LPS) + Cybershaft OP21A (Shunyata Omega USB, AES/EBU, clock cables) | Dac/Pre/Amplification: Devialet D1000 Pro CI (Chord Sarum T RCA-RCA link) | Speakers: Chord Sarum T cables + Wilson Benesch Act One Evolution P1
(30-Mar-2020, 08:50)bernardl Wrote:
(30-Mar-2020, 00:26)griffithstrife Wrote: I am simply saying Devialet as a business as a company is out of touch with reality and is believing their own BS.

That would be true if your assessment of the value of the Devialet amps were representative of the way a majority of owners feel.

I don't think it's the case.

I personally feel just the opposite. It has never been my impression that huge separates costing way more deliver better sound quality.

Now, one important caveat, is that the Devialet needs clean power to deliver its potential. And that means that a regenerator such as my PS Audio P10 Powerplant (or more recent versions such as the P15 or P20) is an important piece of equipment to use together with the Devialet. It does add to the price and bulk, but even so it is still much cheaper than the very best it can be compared to.

But then again, I join others here in feeling happy that you have found something that works for you.

Cheers,
Bernard
Interesting! If you wanted to go top of the range in Naim gear, and I don’t mean Statement level, to approximate  a D1000 (£25,000) would cost you nearly £70,000.
Devialet 1000 Pro CI, Chord Signature Reference speaker cables, B&W 803 D3 speakers

Roon lifetime licence, Tidal.
(30-Mar-2020, 10:12)alaw Wrote:
(30-Mar-2020, 08:50)bernardl Wrote: Now, one important caveat, is that the Devialet needs clean power to deliver its potential. And that means that a regenerator such as my PS Audio P10 Powerplant (or more recent versions such as the P15 or P20) is an important piece of equipment to use together with the Devialet.

That's honestly the first time I have ever heard that. The Devialet box is a very powerful chopping switch mode PSU, that will auto calibrate from 90 to 240V - 50/60Hz input. Perhaps "clean power" just isn't as much an issue in Europe, as its a given?

https://help.devialet.com/hc/en-us/artic...product-on-

that statement is indeed Very specific to each location and living situation.
(30-Mar-2020, 13:11)Stino Wrote:
(30-Mar-2020, 10:12)alaw Wrote:
(30-Mar-2020, 08:50)bernardl Wrote: Now, one important caveat, is that the Devialet needs clean power to deliver its potential. And that means that a regenerator such as my PS Audio P10 Powerplant (or more recent versions such as the P15 or P20) is an important piece of equipment to use together with the Devialet.

That's honestly the first time I have ever heard that. The Devialet box is a very powerful chopping switch mode PSU, that will auto calibrate from 90 to 240V - 50/60Hz input. Perhaps "clean power" just isn't as much an issue in Europe, as its a given?

https://help.devialet.com/hc/en-us/artic...product-on-

that statement is indeed Very specific to each location and living situation.

Well, what if it weren’t?

I live in a house in central Tokyo where power distribution is managed rather professionally.

Deploying the P10 and Shunyata power cable made my system go from very good to insanely great.

but who knows, perhaps it’s just me trying to convince myself it’s the case.

cheers,
bernard
Room: Gik Acoustics | Vibration: Townshend pods | Power: Shunyata Omega XC + Everest + Sigma NR v2 + Sigma ground cables | Source: Mojo Audio DejaVu EVO linux server running Roon core (Raat) | Ethernet: Sonore Optical module + Melco S10P with dedicated LPS + Shunyata Omega Ethernet x 2| Synchronous: Mutec MC-3 + USB (Paul Hynes SR7T LPS) + Cybershaft OP21A (Shunyata Omega USB, AES/EBU, clock cables) | Dac/Pre/Amplification: Devialet D1000 Pro CI (Chord Sarum T RCA-RCA link) | Speakers: Chord Sarum T cables + Wilson Benesch Act One Evolution P1
You really got me cheering when reading the last few posts!
I know Devialet from the early days on and one thing I can agree a 100% is that power supply is crucial!!
Even I could hardly imagine how big the impact is. And I live in Europe / Austria where there shouldn’t be that much noise / interference. Though when using lately an AudioQuest Niagara 1200 or even more astounding Niagara 3000 the 440 Pro made an unbelievable jump in audio quality. Just everything got so much better on the B&W 802 D3.
That’s actually the single most important „tuning tip“ I‘d give to a Devialet owner.
I think there are 3 things which affect the quality.cleanness of power reaching components in an audio system:

1- the cleanness of the power reaching your home from the grid. That can vary considerably because of a number of factors including distance from the generator and substation and the other power users connected to the same line on the grid and the amount of power they're drawing which can vary considerably depending on time of day.

2- the other devices apart from the audio system in use within your home and how isolated they are from the audio system. Things like electric motors in refrigerators and air conditioning systems can have a considerable effect, as can whether those things are on separate circuits to your audio system or whether they're on the same system.

3- the power supplies in the various components of your audio system.

Putting your audio system on a separate circuit to everything else can help a lot, even without power conditioning, simply because it provides a degree of isolation for the audio system from the other devices in the house.

@bernardl - I'm told that the quality of power here in suburban Brisbane while not outstanding is also not as bad as it is in some other locations. My system is on a separate circuit from my mains board. I use a P12 power plant and Shunyata power cables and they make a similar difference in my system to what you report in yours. Maybe we're both trying to convince ourselves of the same thing, who can tell. It's either a case of great minds thinking alike or fools never differing :-) I'll let others make up their own minds on that but I wouldn't like to be without a good power conditioner and good power cables.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia
So it looks like at least 3 people in various parts of the world think that the Devialet is sensitive to the quality of power. Wink

It could be that the Pro CI upgrade has reduced this sensitivity, but it was certainly very obvious in early iterations. It may still be, I haven't done any comparison since I upgraded.

Cheers,
Bernard
Regarding my tests on various locations (Austeia & Germany) also after the Pro CI upgrade there is a great sensitivity to power supply. It may not be that obvious for many because just switching to a better power cord or some power filter won‘t do it. Rather would recommend everyone try / rent a Audioquest Niagara 1200 which will be a mind-opener for example.