Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
NAD Masters M33 -- first review
(22-Oct-2020, 14:42)midi Wrote: TIDAL Connect is working with the M33 on the first day. Another difference to Devialet...

Still no SAM on the M33. Piece of crap.  Tongue

No rotating volume knob on the M33's remote control. What were they thinking  Huh

RAAT no certified. Still to come, yeah right. Confused

Option for dual mono, still to come... Dodgy

I'm sure the M33 is a great amp but if you want to hand pick pros and cons, the Expert still doesn't come out too bad. It's just about what your personal needs are.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(23-Oct-2020, 14:08)Delija Wrote: Read some C658 and T758 topics on various forums. There are a zillion problems.

I hope M33 will be better, but as the picture above shows - it doesn't look very promising.

The internet has been buzzing about the M33 for quite some time so there will be a lot of them sold. That automatically means there will be more 'DOA'   products out there than others, even if the percentage of DOA's is at industry standard.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
A few days ago, a friend heard from a dealer M33 vs Anthem STR with Focal Kanta3 and then Marten Django
I spoke very highly of Anthem, he will take it home to compare with his M. Levinson
Clearaudio Solution Cmb - Clearaudio Syncro Power - Achromat - The Wand Plus II - AT Oc9 III - Nuc Cirrus7  Roon Rock - Cisco sg200-08 - D220 Expert Pro Ci - PMC LB1 Signature with SAM - Egglestonworks Fontaine II - 2x BK 200Xls ff Mk2 - Meicord Eth - Siltech New York - Audioquest Nrg Z3 - HAF Drc

Marietto - Italia
(23-Oct-2020, 22:13)Pim Wrote:
(22-Oct-2020, 14:42)midi Wrote: TIDAL Connect is working with the M33 on the first day. Another difference to Devialet...

SAM? DIRAC brings far more advantages.

No rotating volume knob on the M33's remote control. What were they thinking  Huh

They wanted to make a remote control and not just a nice paperweight;-)

How long did it take again with Devialet? And how long is the M33 on the market? By the way - Roon's days are numbered. Roon will only be used by people who have large libraries of their own if the streaming service relies on „connect" solutions.

Not required.

I'm sure the M33 is a great amp but if you want to hand pick pros and cons, the Expert still doesn't come out too bad. It's just about what your personal needs are.

Thats right. But it's amazing to see how people here have been bitching about Devialet for years and how they are now getting into a defensive posture and talking things up.
Formerly Devialet 220PRO CI, Magico A3, 2 Gold Phantoms, Dialog/Raspberry PI2 Digi+, ROON Rock NUC8i3, Bluesound Powernode 2i, B&W 607, Audirvana
(24-Oct-2020, 16:41)midi Wrote:
(23-Oct-2020, 22:13)Pim Wrote:

How long did it take again with Devialet? And how long is the M33 on the market? By the way - Roon's days are numbered. Roon will only be used by people who have large libraries of their own if the streaming service relies on „connect" solutions.

Not required.

Thats right. But it's amazing to see how people here have been bitching about Devialet for years and how they are now getting into a defensive posture and talking things up.

That’s very normal, people complains about Benz reliability and still not going to buy Toyota or Lexus.

M33 isn’t on the same level of Expert Pro. They are on different market.
(25-Oct-2020, 10:36)PeppaPig Wrote:
(24-Oct-2020, 16:41)midi Wrote:
(23-Oct-2020, 22:13)Pim Wrote: Still no SAM on the M33. Piece of crap.  Tongue

Not required.

That’s very normal, people complains about Benz reliability and still not going to buy Toyota or Lexus.

You are right - this is not about the quality and sound of a device. This is about the fact that you have paid a very high price for a device and therefore also for a supposedly higher quality brand and that you try to justify this effort.

I myself have put in the effort, so I would have to argue the same way. But I'm not. I compare the performance and leave out supposedly higher-value brand discussions.

If I hadn't had a devialet, one could perhaps accuse me of having a few objective views. But I did and I even want the Devialet, despite all the shortcomings, especially in the software.

But if I'm honest - and I'm trying to be - the M33 offers much more for the money.

The absolute gold ears in the world may of course see it differently. We have freedom of opinion. I only describe my impressions as objectively as possible.

The M33 has freed me from all space problems for the first time. And I am grateful for that.
Formerly Devialet 220PRO CI, Magico A3, 2 Gold Phantoms, Dialog/Raspberry PI2 Digi+, ROON Rock NUC8i3, Bluesound Powernode 2i, B&W 607, Audirvana
(25-Oct-2020, 20:01)midi Wrote:
(25-Oct-2020, 10:36)PeppaPig Wrote:
(24-Oct-2020, 16:41)midi Wrote: Thats right. But it's amazing to see how people here have been bitching about Devialet for years and how they are now getting into a defensive posture and talking things up.

You are right - this is not about the quality and sound of a device. This is about the fact that you have paid a very high price for a device and therefore also for a supposedly higher quality brand and that you try to justify this effort.

I myself have put in the effort, so I would have to argue the same way. But I'm not. I compare the performance and leave out supposedly higher-value brand discussions.

If I hadn't had a devialet, one could perhaps accuse me of having a few objective views. But I did and I even want the Devialet, despite all the shortcomings, especially in the software.

But if I'm honest - and I'm trying to be - the M33 offers much more for the money.

The absolute gold ears in the world may of course see it differently. We have freedom of opinion. I only describe my impressions as objectively as possible.

The M33 has freed me from all space problems for the first time. And I am grateful for that.

You're right. Price should never be used as an indicator of quality or a means to justify a purchase. 

When I bought my D170, I planned to use it as an interim amp with the view of using it as a pre-amp once I got some mono blocks and then eventually replace it with a 'proper' pre-amp and DAC. It wasn't until I listened to it that I realised I had bought something very special and that's what made me upgrade within the same brand. Since my purchase, I'm sure there are 'better' sounding systems out there now but I have no desire for a change. There's so much more I can do to improve my sound quality without upgrading any part of my system I could be busy for the next ten years.

If the M33 works for you, it works for you. The Od'A works for me so I'm staying with it.
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
Sound & Vision review of the M33 (link here).  Pretty much a slam dunk.
Devialet Expert 220 Pro Kinki EX-M7 power amp tethered to a fiber-fed Lumin X1 streamer via Grimm XLRs, Vivid B1 Decade speakers in Rosso Barchetta red (only 200 produced in a limited edition), Roon Nucleus with a Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SSD, etherREGEN switch fed by a Sonore opticalModule (and Sonore-supplied transceivers and 1M optical cable) with a SOtM dCBL-Cat7 cable to my Nucleus and a DH Labs Reunion Cat8 to my Lumin T2 streamer, Keces P8 linear power supply feeding a (to come) NUC and EtherREGEN switch with an external AfterDark OCXO clock., and opticalModule (5V/1A), AudioQuest Niagara 1000 power conditioner, ASI LiveLine loom (purchased directly from Franck Tchang when I lived in France), Less Loss Firewall for Speakers and Roon lifetime license with Tidal streaming.
Measurements of the M33 available at Audio Science Review!

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum...iew.17302/
SonicTransporter i5 - AirPort Extreme - Devialet Expert 120 - ATC SCM 19 v1
(06-Nov-2020, 12:07)Sailor4W Wrote: Measurements of the M33 available at Audio Science Review!

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum...iew.17302/

Another one of those 'measurement only reviews'. 

Who is he doing this for? Deaf people?
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.