Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New App?
Does anyone have any insights on [whether or] when Devialet will be launching a new app to update / replace Spark for the Premiere line of speakers?
(08-Jul-2019, 21:18)Yar36 Wrote: Does anyone have any insights on [whether or] when Devialet will be launching a new app to update / replace Spark for the Premiere line of speakers?
I dont know, but I am also very interested to know the answer. I want a pair of phantom golds but am waiting for an update to something.....anything. Above all, I want a new spark app, but with a graphic equaliser.
Something is supposed to happen Q3 2019. What, I don't know.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
In september 2019 with the released of a new Classic Phantom model pushed to 2000W
Any insights on features? I had heard that the new app might actually make the dialogue box obsolete...  I just bought a dialogue box, so wondering if its worth returning and waiting for?
You can be almost certain that the DIALOG box will disappear, and this is undoubtedly the reason why DEVIALET is currently offering it so generously for any purchase of 2 Phantom Premier. The liquidation of stock of products soon to be obsolete, disguised as a gift, made to the most zealous customers, is a clever move... at least until these same customers realize in 2~3 months that this gift - which never was one - now has no value other than these (quite questionable) decorative qualities.
(09-Jul-2019, 16:01)DG3IL5 Wrote: You can be almost certain that the DIALOG box will disappear, and this is undoubtedly the reason why DEVIALET is currently offering it so generously for any purchase of 2 Phantom Premier. The liquidation of stock of products soon to be obsolete, disguised as a gift, made to the most zealous customers, is a clever move... at least until these same customers realize in 2~3 months that this gift - which never was one - now has no value other than these (quite questionable) decorative qualities.
Ok but some other companies would also be able to keep charging for those. It's very commercial and fair IMHO. We can't blame them.
(09-Jul-2019, 16:01)DG3IL5 Wrote: You can be almost certain that the DIALOG box will disappear, and this is undoubtedly the reason why DEVIALET is currently offering it so generously for any purchase of 2 Phantom Premier. The liquidation of stock of products soon to be obsolete, disguised as a gift, made to the most zealous customers, is a clever move... at least until these same customers realize in 2~3 months that this gift - which never was one - now has no value other than these (quite questionable) decorative qualities.

So you think it’s best to return the dialogue box I just bought and wait for the new app in September?would save me ~500Cad... I just don’t know if technically that additional hardware is required. I imagine syncing two phantoms through wifi would be difficult via software alone...
I hope Devialet won’t be that stupid to drop the Dialog. It is essential for using PLC and PLC allows to not have to use WiFi or Ethernet for streaming content to the Phantoms. In places with weak WiFi and lack of Ethernet cabling PLC is great and works for me 100% reliable on 3 Phantoms without loading my WiFi. I’m not confident that 3 or more Phantoms will work fine with 24bit/192k streams on a consumer WiFi to the garden or patio in full synchronization and then from which server? An iPhone? Sure, Roon RAAT could be an alternative, but the load on a private WiFi network will increase and might impact ‘family use’ whereas a proprietary PLC network used by Phantoms and Dialog does not. A better Dialog that replaces my almost 5 year old one, one with more and better inputs (hdmi, better optical, maybe also analog input, and ...) and RAAT would really be welcome! Let’s keep hopes high!
Offering something that won't have support is so Devialet.
Lol noobs...
Please excuse my poor reputation