Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New DOS 2.11.2
Thanks for the hint about the new remote. Ordered one each for my pairs of Golds and Reactors. Luckily I haven’t seen the update I would have followed through with it immediately .... Big Grin
Devialet Phantom Gold Duo | Devialet Phantom Reactor 600 Duo | 2x New Devialet Remote | 4x HiFiBerry RAAT endpoints & low-cost passive speakers — Roon Lifetime
(09-Sep-2020, 22:16)eladeb Wrote: Can anyone explain direct ootical mode and a use case.

Thx

I use my pair of Gold Phantom as surround speaker in direct optical mode to form a multi-channel system for movie.

1. All the channel volume should control via one processor (AV amp in my case), so it need this direct optical mode in 100% volume as AV bypass.
2. Since the latency at normal mode is too high (about 220ms), it will have time difference from the other channels and make the surround sound bad.
nick.

Qobuz Sublime/Roon on Synology DS3617xs --> Od'A (#82) --> B&W 802D3
Roon --> Dante --> Devialet Opéra de Paris Gold Phantom (pro mode)
(10-Sep-2020, 10:34)rsemedo Wrote: I found this Date connector...

https://www.audinate.com/products/dante-...al-adapter

...this seems to be specific for the Phantom's....anyone with experience with Date "systems"...? With an adapter like this can I connect my Streamer Toslink to this adapter and then directly to the Ethernet port on my Phantom? Can I connect to a network switch instead? Do I need any sw to configure stuff...? 

My use case is more connect everything over Ethernet and stop using the Toslink connector...I don't have issues with latency, etc...

I've use this adapter over 2 years. This adapter is a generic Dante receiver only device, it receive Dante audio signal and convert to toslink signal, and it can use on any device which support toslink input. I've also buy one adapter for my KEF LS50W to receive sound.
I've write a introduction for this use case in my blog, sorry that it is in Traditional Chinese only, you may use google translate this page to get the idea: https://blog.nick.hk/?p=644#comment-26088

Although all Dante device use ethernet port and network switch for connection, you cannot just plug it in streamer to play, it don't work this way. The simple idea is, you plug all Dante devices to the same ethernet network, using normal network switch, one of the Dante device should be transmitter (output sound) and this adapter be receiver. You need to download the free software "Dante Controller" from Dante web site, and use Dante Controller to setup the "route", i.e. you assign each channel which device be the sound output and which device to receive the sound. Please visit Dante web site for detail.
nick.

Qobuz Sublime/Roon on Synology DS3617xs --> Od'A (#82) --> B&W 802D3
Roon --> Dante --> Devialet Opéra de Paris Gold Phantom (pro mode)
@nicknick is right. You need both a Dante transmitter and receiver. I have these (https://www.micromedia.ch/?product=digim...ca-tos-poe) in my system for my transmitters for a couple of rooms in the house.
6 x Phantom Gold, 3 x Phantom Silver, 2 x Phantom Classic, 9 x Phantom Reactor 900, Symetrix Radius AEC-2, 2 x JBL Synthesis SDP-55, Dante
(14-Sep-2020, 03:20)njaiswal Wrote: @nicknick is right.  You need both a Dante transmitter and receiver.  I have these (https://www.micromedia.ch/?product=digim...ca-tos-poe)  in my system for my transmitters for a couple of rooms in the house.

Hi njaiswal, that one is interesting...so I will need 2 of those adapter's...? In my case I've a streamer(Primare NP5) with Toslink out that I want to connect to the Ethernet port(via a Ethernet Switch) on the Phantom Gold...?
I've been waiting forever for Optical Direct Mode to arrive on DOS 2 and now they've pulled the update again...
(14-Sep-2020, 03:45)rsemedo Wrote:
(14-Sep-2020, 03:20)njaiswal Wrote: @nicknick is right.  You need both a Dante transmitter and receiver.  I have these (https://www.micromedia.ch/?product=digim...ca-tos-poe)  in my system for my transmitters for a couple of rooms in the house.

Hi njaiswal, that one is interesting...so I will need 2 of those adapter's...? In my case I've a streamer(Primare NP5) with Toslink out that I want to connect to the Ethernet port(via a Ethernet Switch) on the Phantom Gold...?

Correct.  You'll need one for the streamer and one for the phantom.  For the phantom, you could get away with using the Avitran Devialet adapter.  Its much smaller and is less expensive.  The only downside is that you need to get it from an authorized "pro" reseller.
6 x Phantom Gold, 3 x Phantom Silver, 2 x Phantom Classic, 9 x Phantom Reactor 900, Symetrix Radius AEC-2, 2 x JBL Synthesis SDP-55, Dante
(13-Sep-2020, 18:16)nicknick Wrote:
(10-Sep-2020, 10:34)rsemedo Wrote: I found this Date connector...

https://www.audinate.com/products/dante-...al-adapter

...this seems to be specific for the Phantom's....anyone with experience with Date "systems"...? With an adapter like this can I connect my Streamer Toslink to this adapter and then directly to the Ethernet port on my Phantom? Can I connect to a network switch instead? Do I need any sw to configure stuff...? 

My use case is more connect everything over Ethernet and stop using the Toslink connector...I don't have issues with latency, etc...

I've use this adapter over 2 years. This adapter is a generic Dante receiver only device, it receive Dante audio signal and convert to toslink signal, and it can use on any device which support toslink input. I've also buy one adapter for my KEF LS50W to receive sound.
I've write a introduction for this use case in my blog, sorry that it is in Traditional Chinese only, you may use google translate this page to get the idea: https://blog.nick.hk/?p=644#comment-26088

Although all Dante device use ethernet port and network switch for connection, you cannot just plug it in streamer to play, it don't work this way. The simple idea is, you plug all Dante devices to the same ethernet network, using normal network switch, one of the Dante device should be transmitter (output sound) and this adapter be receiver. You need to download the free software "Dante Controller" from Dante web site, and use Dante Controller to setup the "route", i.e. you assign each channel which device be the sound output and which device to receive the sound. Please visit Dante web site for detail.

I see you are from Hong Kong, @nicknick, I wish to visit again soon! Now that DOS2 supports Direct Optical Mode, will that simplify your existing setup in any way?
(10-Sep-2020, 22:19)misterhon Wrote:
(10-Sep-2020, 21:26)Flaeske Wrote:
(09-Sep-2020, 15:59)seb Wrote: Apparently a new DOS version was released. The release note includes a hint regarding an upcoming Phantom accessory.

https://help.devialet.com/hc/en-us/artic...DOS-2-11-2

New remote and my old remote is not working after update
Does anybody have same problem?

My old remote needed to be paired again after the 2.11.2 update, but no issues so far.

After one week back and forward on mail/phone and bunch of test with devialet support I solved my problem with devialet remote! I just sold It for 60% of its value...

Looking forward to get new remote and I hope it will work better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
(20-Sep-2020, 19:36)Flaeske Wrote:
(10-Sep-2020, 22:19)misterhon Wrote:
(10-Sep-2020, 21:26)Flaeske Wrote: New remote and my old remote is not working after update
Does anybody have same problem?

My old remote needed to be paired again after the 2.11.2 update, but no issues so far.

After one week back and forward on mail/phone and bunch of test with devialet support I solved my problem with devialet remote! I just sold It for 60% of its value...

Looking forward to get new remote and I hope it will work better.

Just updated to DOS 2.11.3 my old remote is still not working in stereo mode. I’m really start to be unhappy of Devialet.