Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Firmware 10.1.0
(04-May-2017, 08:03)NickB Wrote: Has anyone noticed a change to the USB? When I switched my Devialet off or changed to a different input my uRendu stopped playing, now it doesn't, in fact my Devialet is switched off and I can still play music to my uRendu.

Or was this a change when the PRO upgrades were done?

Is this on your 1000? Did you bypass the Mutec and go microRendu->Devialet USB? If it is microRendu->Mutec it does not matter which state the Devialet is in.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
(04-May-2017, 05:57)ogs Wrote: I  am getting the same behaviour on my 250 Pro. It simply ignores the SD card with 10.0.5 and boots into 'Factory default' config. This needs to be checked by more owners. A question to Devialet support about this is in place too I think.
@Vivialet do you (or anyone) have 10.0.7 as a zip?

EDIT: I've sent a question to Devialet support about this. This is probably OK with upgraded units as 10.1.0 sounds good, but if it turns out that non-upgraded Experts can no longer be loaded with for example 7.1.3 after 10.1.0 this may become a major issue!

I'll try and give a downgrade ago later. Hopefully it's just a mistake if for some reason firmware can't be rolled back from 10.1.0. If it's a policy change to not allow downgrades, that would be upsetting. I mean, would it kill them to ever list what the firmware versions actually do.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(04-May-2017, 08:11)ogs Wrote: In post 57 of this thread Cylob says he tried 10.1.0 and went back to 7.1.3 shortly after as he did not enjoy the new version. @Cylob, can you confirm that the downgrade from 10.1.0 to 7.1.3 on your 200 worked?

Yes! I went back to 7.1.3 without any problems.
Did a fresh extract of the zip-file and added my latest config file [created about 6 months ago].
After the firmware downgrade I removed all the firmware files from the sd-card and only kept the config file on the card.
Devialet Expert 200 (FW 7.1.3) / Magnepan 1.7i / Rel T5 / Foobar (WASAPI event 24bit) / AIR 3.0.1 public beta (best Air 3.x.x SQ by far)
(04-May-2017, 11:04)Cylob Wrote:
(04-May-2017, 08:11)ogs Wrote: In post 57 of this thread Cylob says he tried 10.1.0 and went back to 7.1.3 shortly after as he did not enjoy the new version. @Cylob, can you confirm that the downgrade from 10.1.0 to 7.1.3 on your 200 worked?

Did a fresh extract of the zip-file and added my latest config file [created about 6 months ago].
After the firmware downgrade I removed all the firmware files from the sd-card and only kept the config file on the card.

Thanks! Good to get this confirmed!
Then I guess the downgrade behaviour is limited to 10.0.5 (and maybe .6 and .7. Is there a 10.0.2 too?) The always helpful Océane has promised to get back to me with explanations later.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
(04-May-2017, 11:21)ogs Wrote:
(04-May-2017, 11:04)Cylob Wrote:

Thanks! Good to get this confirmed!
Then I guess the downgrade behaviour is limited to 10.0.5 (and maybe .6 and .7. Is there a 10.0.2 too?) The always helpful Océane has promised to get back to me with explanations later.

There is a 10.0.2 version as well. I've tried / downgraded that version too.
There are even some other versions, but these were never released as downloads, only installed on new OdA's / Pro's, so haven't tested these.
Devialet Expert 200 (FW 7.1.3) / Magnepan 1.7i / Rel T5 / Foobar (WASAPI event 24bit) / AIR 3.0.1 public beta (best Air 3.x.x SQ by far)
Update from Océane at Devialet:

"Actually I found the answer !
In firmware .5 file there lack the file clr_hwfw.txt
If you copy it from the .10 file and paste it into the .5, the 10.1.5 will load.
I hope it helps your testings."

So it seems someone at Devialet made an error when 10.0.5 was released for download, or there is a difference before/after 10.1.0. I've just downgraded to 10.0.5, the fix from Océane works!
Devialetless!
(26-Apr-2017, 20:02)yabaVR Wrote: ...
If I sum up your comments is it right that you say there is no such thing as jitter in the audio chain from a computer to a Devialet or DAC espacially if we use AIR (over ETH)? Right?

Sorry for taking a while to reply; I've been away and didn't have time to write a post doing justice to this topic.

Anyway, to avoid hi-jacking the original topic any further I've started a new thread here to continue the discussion (if anyone's still interested...).
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
When you upgrade the firmware, Devialet tells you to wipe everything off the SD card before you install the new firmware.  Does that include the config file?  I had to reinstall my configuration after upgrading to 10.1.0 but I wonder whether I would have needed to do this had I kept the configuration file on the SD card during the firmware upgrade.  Anyone know?
Devialet Expert 220 Pro Kinki EX-M7 power amp tethered to a fiber-fed Lumin X1 streamer via Grimm XLRs, Vivid B1 Decade speakers in Rosso Barchetta red (only 200 produced in a limited edition), Roon Nucleus with a Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SSD, etherREGEN switch fed by a Sonore opticalModule (and Sonore-supplied transceivers and 1M optical cable) with a SOtM dCBL-Cat7 cable to my Nucleus and a DH Labs Reunion Cat8 to my Lumin T2 streamer, Keces P8 linear power supply feeding a (to come) NUC and EtherREGEN switch with an external AfterDark OCXO clock., and opticalModule (5V/1A), AudioQuest Niagara 1000 power conditioner, ASI LiveLine loom (purchased directly from Franck Tchang when I lived in France), Less Loss Firewall for Speakers and Roon lifetime license with Tidal streaming.
I always leave mine on there. Never had an issue so far.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(09-May-2017, 18:46)Hifi_swlon Wrote: I always leave mine on there. Never had an issue so far.
Good to know!  Thanks!
Devialet Expert 220 Pro Kinki EX-M7 power amp tethered to a fiber-fed Lumin X1 streamer via Grimm XLRs, Vivid B1 Decade speakers in Rosso Barchetta red (only 200 produced in a limited edition), Roon Nucleus with a Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SSD, etherREGEN switch fed by a Sonore opticalModule (and Sonore-supplied transceivers and 1M optical cable) with a SOtM dCBL-Cat7 cable to my Nucleus and a DH Labs Reunion Cat8 to my Lumin T2 streamer, Keces P8 linear power supply feeding a (to come) NUC and EtherREGEN switch with an external AfterDark OCXO clock., and opticalModule (5V/1A), AudioQuest Niagara 1000 power conditioner, ASI LiveLine loom (purchased directly from Franck Tchang when I lived in France), Less Loss Firewall for Speakers and Roon lifetime license with Tidal streaming.