Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Firmware 10.1.0
Thanks, so It worth the case to take time to test it on my D200 Wink
B&W 805d - Athom Zef Max - Devialet D200 - AIR Ethernet - Roon ROCK (NUC8i3BEH + LPSU100) - Qobuz

- FR -
Just upgraded as I had a few spare mins this eve. Not expecting a difference (and it's often very hard for me to tell with the delay swapping firmware over) but lets see,....

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Did the update to the firmware without any problems. I tried to install the config directly after, but now have a SD-card error. Tried many different cards, reformatted etc, but the D200 now had to go back for repair. I expect this is just incidental after the firmware update. It still sounds good in factory config.
1. Devialet D1000 Pro, PMC Fact 12, Shunyata Sigma V2 speaker cables, Roon RAAT.
2. Devialet D250, Acoustic Energy AE1 mk1 on original stands, Straight Wire Crescendo 3 speaker cables. Roon
I had the same issue after ugrade, everything I tried the SD card error still shows up.

Until I unplugged and replugged...

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
Mac Mini ----> Audioquest Diamond USB ---> Devialet Expert 250 ---> AudioQuest Meteor ---> Focal Scala Utopia
After upgraded to fw 10.1.0, i cannot downgrade to 10.0.5 version, anyone same as my problem ?
(03-May-2017, 08:38)Hellsuper Wrote: After upgraded to fw 10.1.0, i cannot downgrade to 10.0.5 version,  anyone same as my problem ?

I've a plan to do this. Have been running 10.1.0 for some days now and like it. Want to go back to 10.0.5 briefly just to check. Which model do you have?

I'll hopefully get to do the downgrade this evening. Will report back.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
Not that I'm disappointed or anything but I can't say I have detected any clear difference between 10.0.6 and 10.1.0 in my system. But I'm only using the AES/EBU input of the Devialet which could perhaps explain this, unless of course others who are using this input did hear changes.
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
My first impression and experience with 10.1.0 was that I had to adjust bass EQ down a bit - i.e. 10.1.0 had more deep bass. If you use subwoofers this may not be as apparent. I want to control my own impression by installing 10.0.5. I think my 250 Pro came back with 10.0.7, but this is not available separately. Also using the AES/EBU input and a Mutec by the way.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
(03-May-2017, 13:37)Antoine Wrote: Not that I'm disappointed or anything but I can't say I have detected any clear difference between 10.0.6 and 10.1.0 in my system. But I'm only using the AES/EBU input of the Devialet which could perhaps explain this, unless of course others who are using this input did hear changes.

10.0.6 is a new one, I had 10.0.5 and one Devialet came back with a 10.0.7 after a repair. You can compare the i2S versions, 10.0.7 has the new one, 10.0.5 the old version. I think the SQ improvement may be depending on this file.
Just installed on my D200 / B&W805D.
Hum, it appears to be more detailed with less sibilants or digital sharpness in the highs. Also bass may be a little deeper on my small speakers (or it is more airy and so the bass appears cleaner).
I like it, very well balanced, the scene also seems to be more precise/stable.
Well no A/B testing, but definitively something different from the 10.0.5 I had, different in a positive way.
Let see on the long term if I still like it...
B&W 805d - Athom Zef Max - Devialet D200 - AIR Ethernet - Roon ROCK (NUC8i3BEH + LPSU100) - Qobuz

- FR -