Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Firmware 10.1.0
What I wrote before (detailed without sharpness in the highs) is obvious for me on this track @-16db: Piensa En Mi (Luz Casal - Un Ramo De Rosas), I used it often for testing.
B&W 805d - Athom Zef Max - Devialet D200 - AIR Ethernet - Roon ROCK (NUC8i3BEH + LPSU100) - Qobuz

- FR -
A day in, and definitely happy to keep it.

I could say I detect a slight extra clarity and a more 3D image, but that could equally be expectation bias based on the comments read so far. In any case, I don't like it less or have any issues with it so it's staying.

I get so little time to listen these days - especially for extended, quiet periods and at reasonable volume - that firmware differences (imagined or otherwise) aren't really that important any more.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(03-May-2017, 12:22)ogs Wrote:
(03-May-2017, 08:38)Hellsuper Wrote: After upgraded to fw 10.1.0, i cannot downgrade to 10.0.5 version,  anyone same as my problem ?
I am using D200, tried to load 10.1.0 fw. Can upgrade again. But 10.0.5 no respond.   Huh

I've a plan to do this. Have been running 10.1.0 for some days now and like it. Want to go back to 10.0.5 briefly just to check. Which model do you have?

I'll hopefully get to do the downgrade this evening. Will report back.
I am getting the same behaviour on my 250 Pro. It simply ignores the SD card with 10.0.5 and boots into 'Factory default' config. This needs to be checked by more owners. A question to Devialet support about this is in place too I think.
@Vivialet do you (or anyone) have 10.0.7 as a zip?

EDIT: I've sent a question to Devialet support about this. This is probably OK with upgraded units as 10.1.0 sounds good, but if it turns out that non-upgraded Experts can no longer be loaded with for example 7.1.3 after 10.1.0 this may become a major issue!
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
I have only 10.0.5 as 10.0.7 was never available for download. I will try tomorrow to load 10.0.5. If that would not work then maybe the next new firmware could also not be loaded.
(03-May-2017, 13:37)Antoine Wrote: Not that I'm disappointed or anything but I can't say I have detected any clear difference between 10.0.6 and 10.1.0 in my system. But I'm only using the AES/EBU input of the Devialet which could perhaps explain this, unless of course others who are using this input did hear changes.

Same as Antoine here. Not been able to discern any improvement with my sMS-200 -> Mutec MC3+ USB -> AES/EBU source.
(04-May-2017, 07:29)SwissBear Wrote:
(03-May-2017, 13:37)Antoine Wrote: Not that I'm disappointed or anything but I can't say I have detected any clear difference between 10.0.6 and 10.1.0 in my system. But I'm only using the AES/EBU input of the Devialet which could perhaps explain this, unless of course others who are using this input did hear changes.

Same as Antoine here. Not been able to discern any improvement with my sMS-200 -> Mutec MC3+ USB -> AES/EBU source.

For me my 1000pro sound hasn't changed a bit. (Still excellent)
Bricasti M1 SE DAC -> Pass labs XP30 & XP25 phono -> Bryston B28sst2 -> Sonus Faber Amati Futura  -> JRiver MC 21 -> Synology NAS / Quboz  - Denon DP 7000 SME 5012
D1000pro -> Magico V2 -> Fanless NUC i5 (Broadwell) -> Jriver MC 21/ Bauer DPS3i / Lyra Kleos
(04-May-2017, 07:27)Vivialet Wrote: I have only 10.0.5 as 10.0.7 was never available for download. I will try tomorrow to load 10.0.5. If that would not work then maybe the next new firmware could also not be loaded.

I notice there are now three .txt (config) files in the newest firmware zip instead of two earlier. Maybe Devialet have changed how firmware versions are handled by the upgrade process in units? Disallowing down grades? Someone with a non-upgraded Expert that has loaded 10.1.0 should try to load 7.1.3 (or one of 9.x or 8.x) to see if that works.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
Has anyone noticed a change to the USB? When I switched my Devialet off or changed to a different input my uRendu stopped playing, now it doesn't, in fact my Devialet is switched off and I can still play music to my uRendu.

Or was this a change when the PRO upgrades were done?
UK kit - Technics SP10 - Technics EPA-501  - AT33SA - NUC5i3 - W10 - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet 1000 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable (0.5 metre each side) - Magico S5

Spain kit - NUC7i5 - W10  - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet D250 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable - Ergo IX speakers
In post 57 of this thread Cylob says he tried 10.1.0 and went back to 7.1.3 shortly after as he did not enjoy the new version. @Cylob, can you confirm that the downgrade from 10.1.0 to 7.1.3 on your 200 worked?
Devialetless!