Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Firmware
I can’t get my now discharged case to accept any charge whatsoever, so everything is dead. It won’t work wirelessly or wired.
(09-Apr-2021, 12:32)Adam Leon Wrote: I can’t get my now discharged case to accept any charge whatsoever, so everything is dead. It won’t work wirelessly or wired.

Same here so it seems that the only option is to send them back to Devialet to get a new one.
Discharging case completely also worked for me. This is solution for people with earbuds updated but case it self been dead. 

Here is what I did.   
  • My earbuds were not in pairing list of my phone because I remove them.
  • I also reinstalled application couple of times end even moved to different phone before I attempted case discharging. 
  • As some people did before me I discharged my case completely. 
  • Also waited for some time (around 1 hour) after earbuds were no longer charging in case before I plugged the case in.
  • Case was not charging earbuds while it was plug in for 5 minutes and then it just show 31% charged all of the sadden and it was updated Smile.
So I guess problem is related to case not reporting correct battery status to the app or earbuds. As soon as you manage to get your case charge over some threshold it looks like case will update. Apparently "only" thing you need to do is too discharge case to the point earbuds are not charging any more (you can check battery status of earbuds or case in the app even if earbuds are not paired with phone).

Updating process straight from Hell Smile

Now I will at list be able to see if this update is any good.
(09-Apr-2021, 12:32)Adam Leon Wrote: I can’t get my now discharged case to accept any charge whatsoever, so everything is dead. It won’t work wirelessly or wired.

Case will not show charging light at all and will look completely dead. However you can check in the app if your earphones are charging when you put them in it. This shoud work even if your earbuds are not pared. Case it self will show 0 battery status but this is not actually correct and it needs to be discharged before it can reset it.

So what you have to do is to discharge case to the point where earbuds are not showing as charging in the App. This can be speed up by leaving earbuds outside of case with sound cancelation to high for faster discharging. Once they are empty you can put them back in to case. Case should start charging your earbuds and discharging it self. It will take some time but once earbuds are not charging any more (it can take more then one earbuds discharge depending how much charge is still left in the case) you will know that your case is empty.

Hope this helps.
Thanks for all the comments but I have tried all these things. My case is completely discharged as are the buds. Nothing connects to the phone or registers in the app as it has no charge whatsoever. It’s been plugged into the wall all day and zilch. 
I’ve called Devaliet again and demanded a new pair be sent without return of the old. I will then return the old. 
My next move is to the editor of what HiFi, HiFi choice and any other publication to name and shame this utter shambles. I will give Devaliet till Monday to respond, then it’s gloves off.
(09-Apr-2021, 12:32)Adam Leon Wrote: I can’t get my now discharged case to accept any charge whatsoever, so everything is dead. It won’t work wirelessly or wired.
Did you follow the documented procedure after the case was discharged? I thought mine was dead dead but it eventually came back to life after the procedure.

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk
Wonder why they removed the fit test with the update. I thought it was good and useful

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk
(09-Apr-2021, 18:47)Adam Leon Wrote: Thanks for all the comments but I have tried all these things. My case is completely discharged as are the buds. Nothing connects to the phone or registers in the app as it has no charge whatsoever. It’s been plugged into the wall all day and zilch. 
I’ve called Devaliet again and demanded a new pair be sent without return of the old. I will then return the old. 
My next move is to the editor of what HiFi, HiFi choice and any other publication to name and shame this utter shambles. I will give Devaliet till Monday to respond, then it’s gloves off.

I understand your frustration, but that sounds awfully petty and punitive.  

They've already offered to send you a replacement pair upon receipt of the defective ones.  This is pretty standard procedure, isn't it?
(06-Apr-2021, 18:05)yuronimus Wrote: I was unable to update mine. I started the update procedure and it succeeded for the left bud, then failed halfway through the right earbud. I tried to start it again, but it gave me an error every time I tried to start the update procedure at all.

So then I forgot the device in my bluetooth settings and tried to reset the buds entirely (hold the button on the case while opening and closing the case twice). That failed the first time (the case light flashed red). The second time, it wasn't clear if it succeeded (there wasn't a green light [success] or a red light [failure]). Subsequent attempts to reset the buds failed again.

And now I can't even connect them to my phone at all.

I have a similar problem. Left earbud updated fine, but could only get to 5% on the right. Followed the Devialet help advice to have my phone forget the buds, but since then my iPhone 11 has refused to pair with either left or right bud. 

Also, can only sometimes get the case to start and keep the white light flashing, but this has been an ongoing issue. Anyone else having this problem?
Well when your patience is tested like this it’s no surprise. Their returns procedure will take weeks...if not longer. Just not acceptable after the ownership shambles I’ve experienced.
Let’s wait and see what happens.