Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Firmware
Firmware update for my earbuds (v1.1.0.16) and charging case (v1.2.0) worked as intended.

Update process was not exactly smooth, but all the major issues are seemingly gone now.

The only precaution i took, was to uninstall the Devialet Gemini app, restart my Android device, and then install the most recent version.

As for the charging case, i just left it opened and connected by bluetooth and USB charging cable for a few hours. My personal impression of the update process for the charging case is, that you can not enforce it. It might be as simple as that. It just happens eventually after both earbuds are done.

Finally i think it was a good decision to release a somehow complete update and no 'piece meal' with an endless series of patches. Not a 'minimum viable product' anymore.
Like many others here I've been unsuccessful in updating my Gemini, I feel like my head is going explode dealing with these things.

After reinstalling the app it's currently showing my left earbud is updated to v1.1.0.16, my right earbud is v0.0.0.0 and the charging case is v1.0.22. The left earbud will take charge but the right earbud is at 0% and does absolutely nothing, I'm guessing due to it being stuck on 0.0.0.0? I have no idea what else to try at this point and having unpaired them from my phone I can no longer use them. I cannot reset them and attempting to pair them just gives me a white light and then nothing. I'm currently in contact with their support team but their latest reply was simply a step by step process which is on their website which I have already tried to no avail.

Does anyone have any idea what else I can try? I'm starting to think the problem with the right earbud is leaving me with no options.
(11-Apr-2021, 14:14)blueshell_ Wrote: Like many others here I've been unsuccessful in updating my Gemini, I feel like my head is going explode dealing with these things.

After reinstalling the app it's currently showing my left earbud is updated to v1.1.0.16, my right earbud is v0.0.0.0 and the charging case is v1.0.22. The left earbud will take charge but the right earbud is at 0% and does absolutely nothing, I'm guessing due to it being stuck on 0.0.0.0? I have no idea what else to try at this point and having unpaired them from my phone I can no longer use them. I cannot reset them and attempting to pair them just gives me a white light and then nothing. I'm currently in contact with their support team but their latest reply was simply a step by step process which is on their website which I have already tried to no avail.

Does anyone have any idea what else I can try? I'm starting to think the problem with the right earbud is leaving me with no options.

I don't know what you tried so far so it is hard to suggest what else you can try.
(11-Apr-2021, 17:54)igorstefus Wrote:
(11-Apr-2021, 14:14)blueshell_ Wrote: Like many others here I've been unsuccessful in updating my Gemini, I feel like my head is going explode dealing with these things.

I don't know what you tried so far so it is hard to suggest what else you can try.

I've tried to reset but every time I got a red blinking light and now I don't even get the orange light first no matter how many times I try. I've tried to pair with my phone again but I get a single white light and nothing after that. I feel like the right earbud being stuck on 0% and on v0.0.0.0 is preventing anything from being able to reset or pair. I also tried running everything down to 0% to start again from them being dead but nothing. I've tried to get the right earbud to charge or even just pick up that it's in the case and it just won't happen.
(11-Apr-2021, 18:17)blueshell_ Wrote:
(11-Apr-2021, 17:54)igorstefus Wrote:

I've tried to reset but every time I got a red blinking light and now I don't even get the orange light first no matter how many times I try. I've tried to pair with my phone again but I get a single white light and nothing after that. I feel like the right earbud being stuck on 0% and on v0.0.0.0 is preventing anything from being able to reset or pair. I also tried running everything down to 0% to start again from them being dead but nothing. I've tried to get the right earbud to charge or even just pick up that it's in the case and it just won't happen.

From my experience it is not required for earbuds to be pared in order for update to be completed, at list not for charging case. However latest firmware does radical update on how earbuds operate now. After the last update it looks like only right earbud can be master now. I've been using true wireless headphones before AirPods were the thing but I newer seen firmware update that this radically changes behavior of headphones. Reliability now jumped from most unreliable earbuds ever to very reliable. Price for that is probably dice update procedure. Giving that they didn't mind it being like that first time too, this was to be expected.     

If I was Devialet, I would probably not risk with users doing this kind of update and would ask everybody to return them back to the factory for it. However they apparently don't have problem with users rolling the dice with updates. Unfortunately I don't have anything else to recommend to you except to ask them to send you new pair.
Anyone seen any signs of the new ear pieces being shipped?

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk
(19-Apr-2021, 13:11)jonstatt Wrote: Anyone seen any signs of the new ear pieces being shipped?

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk

Nothing, just got an email 1 week after they actually received the return confirming they received it and the replacement would be sent within 10 days, but if you check their site, the delivery for new purchases is after May 17th.
i would be curious if they have physically changed anything on the new ones...
(12-Apr-2021, 07:36)igorstefus Wrote:
(11-Apr-2021, 18:17)blueshell_ Wrote:
(11-Apr-2021, 17:54)igorstefus Wrote: Je ne sais pas ce que vous avez essayé jusqu'à présent, il est donc difficile de suggérer ce que vous pouvez essayer d'autre.

J'ai essayé de réinitialiser mais à chaque fois j'ai un voyant rouge clignotant et maintenant je n'obtiens même pas le voyant orange en premier, peu importe le nombre de fois que j'essaye. J'ai essayé à nouveau de me coupler avec mon téléphone, mais j'obtiens une seule lumière blanche et rien par la suite. J'ai l'impression que l'écouteur droit est bloqué à 0% et que la v0.0.0.0 empêche que quoi que ce soit puisse être réinitialisé ou couplé. J'ai aussi essayé de tout faire descendre à 0% pour recommencer à partir de leur mort mais rien. J'ai essayé de charger le bon écouteur ou même simplement de savoir qu'il est dans l'étui et cela n'arrivera tout simplement pas.

D'après mon expérience, il n'est pas nécessaire que les écouteurs soient parés pour que la mise à jour soit terminée, à la liste pas pour le boîtier de charge. Cependant, le dernier firmware fait une mise à jour radicale sur le fonctionnement actuel des écouteurs. Après la dernière mise à jour, il semble que seul l'écouteur droit puisse être maître maintenant. J'utilisais de vrais écouteurs sans fil avant les AirPod, mais j'ai vu une mise à jour du micrologiciel plus récente que cela change radicalement le comportement des écouteurs. La fiabilité est maintenant passée de la plupart des écouteurs peu fiables à une très fiable. Le prix pour cela est probablement la procédure de mise à jour des dés. Étant donné que cela ne les dérangeait pas que ce soit comme ça la première fois aussi, il fallait s'y attendre.     

Si j'étais Devialet, je ne risquerais probablement pas que les utilisateurs fassent ce genre de mise à jour et je demanderais à tout le monde de les renvoyer à l'usine pour cela. Cependant, ils n'ont apparemment aucun problème avec les utilisateurs qui lancent les dés avec les mises à jour. Malheureusement, je n'ai rien d'autre à vous recommander si ce n'est de leur demander de vous envoyer une nouvelle paire.

J'ai installé la mise à jour avec succès!
(23-Apr-2021, 14:34)Ounerbouks Wrote: i would be curious if they have physically changed anything on the new ones ...

I write them and asked that same question. They haven't changed anything with the hardware, except the ear tips (which can be ordered for free through their website).