Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Firmware
(08-Apr-2021, 16:18)spray6969 Wrote:
(07-Apr-2021, 18:55)st33f Wrote:
(07-Apr-2021, 18:49)SoCalB Wrote: Did the update yesterday - ZERO issues.

You will have to reconnect bluetooth to each ear separately when it does the update.

Also, I have found that when I plugged in the case vs. using wireless charging that it updates. 

So far, zero battery drain!  First time in months woke up and everything was at 100% across the board.

PLUS...today they gave FREE 3 year Devialet Care...and a set of their NEW tips.  (Hint...it will say they are $9 until you get through the checkout process, then it disappears...so don't get frustrated, just login and keep going, it will be free). 

So far....super happy!

Same for me, so far so good, Devialet Care and tips for free  Big Grin

How do you get this offer ???
For a Luxary brand, It's the minimum they could offer to early adopters because of the many problems

It was hidden at the bottom of the email where they announced the firmware upgrade.  I almost missed it.
(08-Apr-2021, 16:22)jhwalker Wrote:
(07-Apr-2021, 18:55)st33f Wrote: Same for me, so far so good, Devialet Care and tips for free  Big Grin

For a Luxary brand, It's the minimum they could offer to early adopters because of the many problems

It was hidden at the bottom of the email where they announced the firmware upgrade.  I almost missed it.

Yes it was mentioned in the email notifying about the update. However, the Devialet Care was in a separate email - original email about update had only link to free ear tips.
So the offer for a new set of Gemini involves me sending the old ones back, waiting for them to be inspected and then they will send a new pair. With customs issues around Brexit I guess we will be without then for several weeks or maybe even a month. So not great at all. 

I’m trying to drain the buds to try to get it to update with a flat battery case before any more aggravation. Devaliet couldn’t promise the new buds would come with updated software so I may just end up in the same boat. 

Honestly I’ve never known anything quite like it.
Has anyone actually managed to get a dead case to wake up?
Used them today for 6 hours straight (minus 5 mins here and there for a quick recharge), finally operating as originally advertised. Update yesterday was smooth, exactly how instruction video said it would be.
Charged then last night before going to bed and woke up this morning with 100% in both buds and case! Usually after a charge the night before, I’d wake up to high 80s-low 90s percent. And best of all, I now take them out, put them in my ears, and they automatically connect without me having to open the Bluetooth menu and manually selecting them on my phone. Same deal with disconnecting...take them off, place them in case and they instantly start charging. No more waiting to make sure both are charging. Devialet did well by me. Sorry to hear about you guys having further issues . Hopefully it’s something that gets resolved quicker than later.
(08-Apr-2021, 18:46)Adam Leon Wrote: So the offer for a new set of Gemini involves me sending the old ones back, waiting for them to be inspected and then they will send a new pair. With customs issues around Brexit I guess we will be without then for several weeks or maybe even a month. So not great at all. 

I’m trying to drain the buds to try to get it to update with a flat battery case before any more aggravation. Devaliet couldn’t promise the new buds would come with updated software so I may just end up in the same boat. 

Yes - see my post #69 and the immediately following post (#70).

Key may be letting the run down completely, then plugging in and allowing to charge.  Once they are out of the "red" zone (i.e., >10% charged), close the case, open the case, remove both buds for several seconds, then replace the buds.  After I did this, the light on the front of the case began operating, and I left the case open, etc., for about 20 minutes.  The next time I checked, the firmware on the case had been updated to 1.2x Smile
Are these now available for purchase?
(08-Apr-2021, 16:22)jhwalker Wrote:
(07-Apr-2021, 18:55)st33f Wrote: Same for me, so far so good, Devialet Care and tips for free  Big Grin

Arfff didn't receive any mail despite I bought them directly to Devialet Website and be well known by the support
(08-Apr-2021, 19:34)jhwalker Wrote:
(08-Apr-2021, 18:46)Adam Leon Wrote: So the offer for a new set of Gemini involves me sending the old ones back, waiting for them to be inspected and then they will send a new pair. With customs issues around Brexit I guess we will be without then for several weeks or maybe even a month. So not great at all. 

Yes - see my post #69 and the immediately following post (#70).

Key may be letting the run down completely, then plugging in and allowing to charge.  Once they are out of the "red" zone (i.e., >10% charged), close the case, open the case, remove both buds for several seconds, then replace the buds.  After I did this, the light on the front of the case began operating, and I left the case open, etc., for about 20 minutes.  The next time I checked, the firmware on the case had been updated to 1.2x Smile

Was your phone connected (bluetooth) to LE-dvlt or Devialet Gemini or not coonected at all?
Worked for me : "Key may be letting the run down completely, then plugging in and allowing to charge. Once they are out of the "red" zone (i.e., >10% charged), close the case, open the case, remove both buds for several seconds, then replace the buds. After I did this, the light on the front of the case began operating, and I left the case open, etc., for about 20 minutes. The next time I checked, the firmware on the case had been updated to 1.2x Smile"
(09-Apr-2021, 08:52)pierrepolo Wrote: Worked for me : "Key may be letting the run down completely, then plugging in and allowing to charge.  Once they are out of the "red" zone (i.e., >10% charged), close the case, open the case, remove both buds for several seconds, then replace the buds.  After I did this, the light on the front of the case began operating, and I left the case open, etc., for about 20 minutes.  The next time I checked, the firmware on the case had been updated to 1.2x Smile"

Can you, or other that manage to update, please give us some more details. 
  • Before you manage to update you case, were your earphones in pairing list on your phone or they were unpaired but visible in the app? 
  • How long it took for your case to show some charging progress once it was plugged in? 
  • Did you keep earbuds in case while case was charging.
  • Did you reset or reinstall Devialet app before update finally went trough.  
I am asking since this process of discharging case can take long time and it would be at list good to know some details before I plug it again to charge. For example I plugged in case after it was completely discharged for 15 minutes but it was still showing 0 so I was wandering if I didn't do something right or my situation is somehow different then yours. 

Apparently main problem is that right earbud will not initiate update process until case is sufficiently charged but case it self is not providing correct charging status.
So case discharging should reset charging status but not sure if anything else can also affect it.