Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Phantom Premier Line Coming February 2nd 2021
(07-Feb-2021, 16:51)Gridphoenix Wrote:
(07-Feb-2021, 16:19)ragwo Wrote: Congratulations! Unfortunately the Tree doesn't come in black yet. You should ask Devialet if they will be available in black.

Ordered 2 Treepods. My wife does not like the tree anyway. Delivery date ist 19.2., can‘t wait.

Michael

My mistake I thought you said Trees before. If you’re using tree pods with a TV then I think it would have to be put on something. Optimal height for the phantom is between 45 and 90cm according to devialet
(07-Feb-2021, 17:14)ARandomMan Wrote:
(07-Feb-2021, 16:19)ragwo Wrote: Congratulations! Unfortunately the Tree doesn't come in black yet. You should ask Devialet if they will be available in black.

Ordered 2 Treepods. My wife does not like the tree anyway. Delivery date ist 19.2., can‘t wait.

Michael

My mistake I thought you said Trees before. If you’re using tree pods with a TV then I think it would have to be put on something. Optimal height for the phantom is between 45 and 90cm according to devialet

I am pretty relaxed. That was my ONE time chance to get them. I will try with treepods. Anyway, I asked customer support for the black tree and await the response. If it does not work out, I will find another solution for placing the Phantoms on tripods somewhere, I am pretty sure.

So, countdown is on. I wait, and will report back on my experience (compared to a Teufel System).

Michael
Anyone have a clue when crutchfield gets the P I 108s in stock?

I’m working in Germany and can order from the US to avoid VAT and also pay in dollar. So rather save a couple $$ but only crutchfield will ship to APO mail boxes. So I’m stuck with ordering from them.
Crutchfield can suck a fat baby arm. 
Can anyone with the new Phantom 1 models, comment on how reliable the auto input switching is ?. If for example I have optical from a TV connected to one of the phantoms in a stereo pair, will the source automatically change to optical when I turn on the TV, without fail ? And then when playing Spotify connect or Roon, it will switch automatically to that ?. That will be key for me - as getting out a phone to change inputs would be really tedious. 
I'm also hoping that auto switching will work for the new Arch and sources connected to that ?

Also lastly, is there a "default volume" for streaming services ? For instance, if my Spotify client is on 80% volume when I connect to play something - does it default to 30% each time regardless ?. That is really important, to save potential ears blown out Smile
(07-Feb-2021, 21:05)norgeaus Wrote: Can anyone with the new  Phantom 1 models, comment on how reliable the auto input switching is ?. If for example I have optical from a TV connected to one of the phantoms in a stereo pair, will the source automatically change to optical when I turn on the TV, without fail ? And then when playing Spotify connect or Roon, it will switch automatically to that ?. That will be key for me - as getting out a phone to change inputs would be really tedious. 
I'm also hoping that auto switching will work for the new Arch and sources connected to that ?

Also lastly, is there a "default volume" for streaming services ? For instance, if my Spotify client is on 80% volume when I connect to play something - does it default to 30% each time regardless ?. That is really important, to save potential ears blown out Smile

The new Phantoms have arrived. As far as I can say auto switch does work. For example: Listen to music via smartphone/spotify connect and then turning on the tv, the phantoms automatically are switching to tv audio via optical. after starting music it also switches back. but then u can't auto switch to tv again. this time u have to restart the tv or go to the settings.

The volume settings are also separated. Iam using 50 % volume on tv via optical. if I switch back to music via Spotify connect the phantoms use the old settings from hearing music (in my case 25 % volume). luckily it works too while switching from hearing music via smartphone maybe on 100 % volume. switching to the phantoms again 25 % volume. otherwise I agree. my ears and the ears of all my neighbors would have been killed
(08-Feb-2021, 15:54)schmaudi3 Wrote:
(07-Feb-2021, 21:05)norgeaus Wrote: Can anyone with the new  Phantom 1 models, comment on how reliable the auto input switching is ?. If for example I have optical from a TV connected to one of the phantoms in a stereo pair, will the source automatically change to optical when I turn on the TV, without fail ? And then when playing Spotify connect or Roon, it will switch automatically to that ?. That will be key for me - as getting out a phone to change inputs would be really tedious. 

The new Phantoms have arrived. As far as I can say auto switch does work. For example: Listen to music via smartphone/spotify connect and then turning on the tv, the phantoms automatically are switching to tv audio via optical. after starting music it also switches back. but then u can't auto switch to tv again. this time u have to restart the tv or go to the settings.

The volume settings are also separated. Iam using 50 % volume on tv via optical. if I switch back to music via Spotify connect the phantoms use the old settings from hearing music (in my case 25 % volume). luckily it works too while switching from hearing music via smartphone maybe on 100 % volume. switching to the phantoms again 25 % volume. otherwise I agree. my ears and the ears of all my neighbors would have been killed

Thanks for the reply!. That is great that they have implemented it in that way. I've seen some bad implementations of Spotify Connect, where it will take the volume of the client, no matter what the volume on the hardware/speaker is. And even better with it remembering volumes for each source! Generally I need the TV volume higher that Spotify for example.
Now I've ordered two Phantom 1, 108 in Black Smile
(07-Feb-2021, 17:14)ARandomMan Wrote:

Michael

I got a reply from Devialet support. They said, that its fine to put the Phantoms just on Treepods and have them on the floor. The 45-90cm advise is regarding to wall mount only. I think the website is not very clear about this. However, that's the answer from the official Devialet support.

Michael
Are the new Phantom 1's compatible with the Tree pods of the older model? I am not able to order the Tree pods anymore from the website.