Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New app
(25-May-2018, 13:31)whatmore Wrote:
(25-May-2018, 00:23)Ywhatmore Wrote:
(24-May-2018, 13:24)Jean-Marie Wrote: The remote App works perfectly with WiFi disabled on the Devialet if you are connected through Ethernet and on the same network as an other WiFi AP to which your phone or tablet can be connected. 

This is how I’m using mine. 

Jean-Marie

PS I grant you than since Roon support of Air, I’m using the remote App only very occasionally.

Thanks! I didn’t realise you could use the remote app with wifi disabled. 
I’ll give it a go when I get home.

So maybe I’m missing a step here but it doesn’t work. 
My expert 120 is connected via Ethernet to my Macmini. 
Wifi is disabled. 
My phone is on the same network as the macmini but the remote app can’t see the devialet

It is because you have two distinct networks:
1) Ethernet with the D120 and the mini
2) WiFi with the phone and mini

Unless you configure the Mac mini to route between the two ports, those two networks cannot see each other. 

Only the mini can see both networks. 
Jean-Marie
MacBook Air M2 -> RAAT/Air -> WiFi -> PLC -> Ethernet -> Devialet 220pro with Core Infinity (upgraded from 120) -> AperturA Armonia
France
(25-May-2018, 16:45)Jean-Marie Wrote:
(25-May-2018, 13:31)whatmore Wrote:
(25-May-2018, 00:23)Ywhatmore Wrote: Thanks! I didn’t realise you could use the remote app with wifi disabled. 
I’ll give it a go when I get home.

So maybe I’m missing a step here but it doesn’t work. 
My expert 120 is connected via Ethernet to my Macmini. 
Wifi is disabled. 
My phone is on the same network as the macmini but the remote app can’t see the devialet

It is because you have two distinct networks:
1) Ethernet with the D120 and the mini
2) WiFi with the phone and mini

Unless you configure the Mac mini to route between the two ports, those two networks cannot see each other. 

Only the mini can see both networks. 
Jean-Marie
By the way, configuring the Mac mini to be a bridge between the two network interfaces is fairly hairy and requires proficiency with the terminal, ioctl and ipconfg commands so I don’t recommend it unless you know what you are doing. 

Unfortunately the internet sharing option in the System preferences won’t be a solution because it is NATing instead of Bridging, which is likely to prevent either the app to discover the D120 or the app to be able to talk back to the D120. 

In case you are brave enough, please have a look at https://www.mulle-kybernetik.com/weblog/...n_eth.html which is documenting how to do it. 

Jean-Marie
MacBook Air M2 -> RAAT/Air -> WiFi -> PLC -> Ethernet -> Devialet 220pro with Core Infinity (upgraded from 120) -> AperturA Armonia
France
Four pages of comments here and nobody thinks it's a bit strange that this new app that's supposed to come out in the next few weeks was completely left out of the presentation in Munich?

So @midi , would you care to tell us where that information came from?
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(03-Jun-2018, 11:14)Pim Wrote: Four pages of comments here and nobody thinks it's a bit strange that this new app that's supposed to come out in the next few weeks was completely left out of the presentation in Munich?

Depends if we’re assuming their alleged ‘new dawn’ of open communication or not.

If ‘old school comms’’ apply, then yes. Because assuming it’s true should have been announced a year ago in a PR fanfare saying very little other than a date below a silhouette, and now be massively overdue and barely in alpha testing.

If the new dawn of open communications apply: Then no. Because we know they still need a little time to settle the new team in before they can tell us anything or do anything to change the old Devialet ways.

We all just need to have a bit more trust and patience. Meanwhile Devialet brings tears of joy to my eyes every day and they can do no wrong all companies have the same difficulties software development is hard, yadda yadda.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(03-Jun-2018, 11:14)Pim Wrote: Four pages of comments here and nobody thinks it's a bit strange that this new app that's supposed to come out in the next few weeks was completely left out of the presentation in Munich?

@Pim The last point in the picture, would suggest what's new! Rolleyes

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria
(04-Jun-2018, 07:19)K4680 Wrote:

In a way you may be right. If they come up with a new app, why fix the old one? But somehow I can't believe Devialet would have left that out of the presentation if it was so close to being delivered.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(04-Jun-2018, 09:16)Pim Wrote:
(04-Jun-2018, 07:19)K4680 Wrote:

In a way you may be right. If they come up with a new app, why fix the old one? But somehow I can't believe Devialet would have left that out of the presentation if it was so close to being delivered.
Hi, I think shortly is an elastic term (we've already seen more often) !! Sad
Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria

From a dealer.
Formerly Devialet 220PRO CI, Magico A3, 2 Gold Phantoms, Dialog/Raspberry PI2 Digi+, ROON Rock NUC8i3, Bluesound Powernode 2i, B&W 607, Audirvana
(06-Jun-2018, 18:30)midi Wrote:

From a dealer.

Thanks mate. Let's wait and see whether that dealer had some inside information or not.
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
Any news on the new App?
Canton Karat Reference 6.2 DC | Expert 220 Pro | Canton Karat AS500
Canton Karat Reference 2.2 DC | Expert 400
ROON Server | Supermicro M11SDV-8CT-LN4F | Mellanox Connect-X 3 40G | Samsung PM1725a 3.2TB
Ultrasone Edition 8 EX | Coord MOJO + POLY