Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
News about AIR-crackling noise from Munich
(26-May-2015, 08:36)Rufus McDufus Wrote: The problem doesn't just occur with wi-fi. Devialet acknowledge there is a problem with AIR that they're still trying to fix. I think it's perfectly reasonable to ask for a refund if the product isn't working as described and Devialet seem a good enough company to actually honour that…..

So far in my communications they are just saying it shouldn't happen (Air and USB), as well as saying noisy transformers are 'normal', and then never getting back to me further, or replying to my comments that the unit may well be faulty.

Perhaps I've been unlucky with timings of Munich and the Phantom, but my experience of Devialet based on customer support to date has not been in line with that sentiment, and has put me right off the brand. Its the single most expensive piece of hifi I've ever bought, and yet has caused me the most problems.

A huge disappointment for what should have been a very exciting purchase.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(25-May-2015, 23:11)midi Wrote: .

But I can tell you that my dealer and Devialet are not reacting at my polite and restrained question, if it is possible to find a not technical solution. Not any reaction ! I think this is not the right way to treat his customers, who have paid a lot of money for a product which isn´t finished in my opinion.

I'd have to agree with you there, having experienced the same, although in my case the dealer is being very helpful.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(25-May-2015, 23:11)midi Wrote:
(25-May-2015, 18:32)Antoine Wrote:
(25-May-2015, 18:09)Hifi_swlon Wrote: I don't fully understand your post, what 'consequences' do you mean?

I hate the term 'fan boy', but - bearing in mind this is Devialetchat - most people seem just as irritated by any problems with their equipment as they are fans of the Devialet sound/design.

It seems like the options are essentially;
-complain and hope that they get their act together and fix it
-try and return the unit
-find a workaround.

From what I've read, people seem to try all three although I've no idea how many have managed a refund based on air problems alone.

Users if this forum would probably be better off ranting to support rather than here though - since a barrage of support emails are the most likely thing to generate a more timely solution.

Great post, +100!

Midi, please stop pointing at/insulting other forum members. No one here owes you anything. If you feel others haven't done enough then perhaps you should "lead by example". What actions did you yourself undertake to help to get the issues resolved?

And before you return the question, in the past (AIR 2 release) I've invested several (double digit) hours of troubleshooting and non public beta testing. Devialet has even given me a discount on the D-Premier->250 upgrade as a thank you.

Sorry, but perhaps my English is to bad, but I have not pointed/insulting anybody, this is an improper accusation . I only wanted to know, if  anyone has tried to return his device an how the reaction from Devialet was (see the reason for this below !). Obviously  you haven't understand that I am a Deviate fan too, and this is the basic skin I have waited 6 months for a solution. And I can understand everybody who reacts in the same way. For me fan boy is not negative (yes, I am a Apple and a Deviatet fan boy, and what is the problem with this ?).

But I can tell you that my dealer and Devialet are not reacting at my polite and restrained question, if it is possible to find a not technical solution. Not any reaction ! I think this is not the right way to treat his customers, who have paid a lot of money for a product which isn´t finished in my opinion.

Sorry, it is not my task to be a beta tester for Devialet. Nevertheless I have also done this, and I have done a lot of tests and informed may dealer and Devialet about the results and spend a lot of time on this. 

So I think our post is complete inappropriate and a real insult.

The way I read it: no one responded to your question (which probably meant that no one who read your question had returned his unit) you were disappointed and 'accused' others of inaction/not doing anything about it ("don´t draw any consequences") and blind acceptance of Devialet's faults and shortcomings (your comment: "big fan boy followers").

The term fanboy is usually used as an insult. I also know a lot of people on this forum have done a lot, more than they reasonably should as Devialet customers, to both help other users and Devialet with this AIR white noise issue and related issues.

But I guess I shouldn't have said anything, I'm not forum police. Good luck in solving your Devialet issues.
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
(26-May-2015, 12:40)Antoine Wrote:
(25-May-2015, 18:09)Hifi_swlon Wrote: I don't fully understand your post, what 'consequences' do you mean?

I hate the term 'fan boy', but - bearing in mind this is Devialetchat - most people seem just as irritated by any problems with their equipment as they are fans of the Devialet sound/design.

-try and return the unit
-find a workaround.

From what I've read, people seem to try all three although I've no idea how many have managed a refund based on air problems alone.

Users if this forum would probably be better off ranting to support rather than here though - since a barrage of support emails are the most likely thing to generate a more timely solution.

Great post, +100!

Midi, please stop pointing at/insulting other forum members. No one here owes you anything. If you feel others haven't done enough then perhaps you should "lead by example". What actions did you yourself undertake to help to get the issues resolved?

And before you return the question, in the past (AIR 2 release) I've invested several (double digit) hours of troubleshooting and non public beta testing. Devialet has even given me a discount on the D-Premier->250 upgrade as a thank you.

Sorry, but perhaps my English is to bad, but I have not pointed/insulting anybody, this is an improper accusation . I only wanted to know, if  anyone has tried to return his device an how the reaction from Devialet was (see the reason for this below !). Obviously  you haven't understand that I am a Deviate fan too, and this is the basic skin I have waited 6 months for a solution. And I can understand everybody who reacts in the same way. For me fan boy is not negative (yes, I am a Apple and a Deviatet fan boy, and what is the problem with this ?).

Sorry, it is not my task to be a beta tester for Devialet. Nevertheless I have also done this, and I have done a lot of tests and informed may dealer and Devialet about the results and spend a lot of time on this. 

The way I read it: no one responded to your question (which probably meant that no one who read your question had returned his unit) you were disappointed and 'accused' others of inaction/not doing anything about it ("don´t draw any consequences") and blind acceptance of Devialet's faults and shortcomings (your comment: "big fan boy followers").

The term fanboy is usually used as an insult. I also know a lot of people on this forum have done a lot, more than they reasonably should as Devialet customers, to both help other users and Devialet with this AIR white noise issue and related issues.

But I guess I shouldn't have said anything, I'm not forum police. Good luck in solving your Devialet issues.

Thanks - I hope every misunderstanding is solved now.

I totally agree - this is a great and helpful forum. I would be happy Devialet would be so helpful.
(26-May-2015, 12:40)Antoine Wrote:

-try and return the unit
-find a workaround.

Great post, +100!

Thanks - I hope every misunderstanding is solved now.

I totally agree - this is a great and helpful forum. I would be happy Devialet would be so helpful.
Yes Air is not extremely reliable, it worked flawlessly in my set up for a month than crack & pop festival for the last couple of days. Tried everything no avail, so I'm back to USB and you know what it's not bad, not bad at all I can even start using Audirvana again with iTunes (couldn't do it with Air) so my advice for all the sour puss who complain a lot about Air, get your self a long USB cable and start enjoying the music ;-)