Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
News about AIR-crackling noise from Munich
(22-May-2015, 22:18)Yippedidou Wrote: When I bought the 200, no where it said I had to be an expert or even be able to perform magic over my network to be able to stream. I've been streaming for 5 years now with various gears (Naim, PSAudio, Sonos, Mini, etc) and never ever had a problem. Yes some set up challenges but nothing I could'nt solve. My friend just bought a 120, he installed it today, he's a tech, been working in computer for all his life and guess what? White noise after 2 hours...

So off AIR and on USB. No problems at all with either my mac mini or my Aurender. No careful, wizzie wisdomy set up, just music.

Cheers. Enjoy the music!

that´s it !

Has anyone here returned his Devialet due this AIR - error and got his money back from Devialet ?
No reaction here - interesting, but what I have expected:

Apparantly many Deviatel fans are angry about AIR but don´t draw any consequences. That´s the reason why the deviatet guys takes one´s time and nothing happened. The typical behavior for for big fan boy followers and a big brand.

I have the same problem. I like my D120, but AIR makes me crazy...but is there a real alternative ?
I don't fully understand your post, what 'consequences' do you mean?

I hate the term 'fan boy', but - bearing in mind this is Devialetchat - most people seem just as irritated by any problems with their equipment as they are fans of the Devialet sound/design.

It seems like the options are essentially;
-complain and hope that they get their act together and fix it
-try and return the unit
-find a workaround.

From what I've read, people seem to try all three although I've no idea how many have managed a refund based on air problems alone.

Users of this forum would probably be better off ranting to support rather than here though - since a barrage of support emails are the most likely thing to generate a more timely solution. Anything written here can largely be ignored by Devialet, assuming they even read it that is.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(25-May-2015, 18:09)Hifi_swlon Wrote: I don't fully understand your post, what 'consequences' do you mean?

I hate the term 'fan boy', but - bearing in mind this is Devialetchat - most people seem just as irritated by any problems with their equipment as they are fans of the Devialet sound/design.

-try and return the unit
-find a workaround.

From what I've read, people seem to try all three although I've no idea how many have managed a refund based on air problems alone.

Users if this forum would probably be better off ranting to support rather than here though - since a barrage of support emails are the most likely thing to generate a more timely solution.

Great post, +100!

Midi, please stop pointing at/insulting other forum members. No one here owes you anything. If you feel others haven't done enough then perhaps you should "lead by example". What actions did you yourself undertake to help to get the issues resolved?

And before you return the question, in the past (AIR 2 release) I've invested several (double digit) hours of troubleshooting and non public beta testing. Devialet has even given me a discount on the D-Premier->250 upgrade as a thank you.
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
(25-May-2015, 18:32)Antoine Wrote:
(25-May-2015, 18:09)Hifi_swlon Wrote: I don't fully understand your post, what 'consequences' do you mean?

-try and return the unit
-find a workaround.

Users if this forum would probably be better off ranting to support rather than here though - since a barrage of support emails are the most likely thing to generate a more timely solution.

Great post, +100!

Midi, please stop pointing at/insulting other forum members. No one here owes you anything. If you feel others haven't done enough then perhaps you should "lead by example". What actions did you yourself undertake to help to get the issues resolved?

And before you return the question, in the past (AIR 2 release) I've invested several (double digit) hours of troubleshooting and non public beta testing. Devialet has even given me a discount on the D-Premier->250 upgrade as a thank you.

Sorry, but perhaps my English is to bad, but I have not pointed/insulting anybody, this is an improper accusation . I only wanted to know, if  anyone has tried to return his device an how the reaction from Devialet was (see the reason for this below !). Obviously  you haven't understand that I am a Deviate fan too, and this is the basic skin I have waited 6 months for a solution. And I can understand everybody who reacts in the same way. For me fan boy is not negative (yes, I am a Apple and a Deviatet fan boy, and what is the problem with this ?).

But I can tell you that my dealer and Devialet are not reacting at my polite and restrained question, if it is possible to find a not technical solution. Not any reaction ! I think this is not the right way to treat his customers, who have paid a lot of money for a product which isn´t finished in my opinion.

Sorry, it is not my task to be a beta tester for Devialet. Nevertheless I have also done this, and I have done a lot of tests and informed may dealer and Devialet about the results and spend a lot of time on this. 

So I think our post is complete inappropriate and a real insult.
Smile 

-try and return the unit
-find a workaround.

Users of this forum would probably be better off ranting to support rather than here though - since a barrage of support emails are the most likely thing to generate a more timely solution. Anything written here can largely be ignored by Devialet, assuming they even read it that is.

Yes, the only question should be:

Has anybody tried to return the device and what was the reaction from Devialet. 

I don´t understand, whats the problem with this simple question. It seems almost to be a crime here about thinking to claim contractual rights as a buyer.

Stange reaction here about a normal question...
I don't think there was a problem or strange reaction?

Have you tried to return your unit? Care to share the experience?

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(24-May-2015, 11:56)karastav Wrote:
(23-May-2015, 10:14)clive.grace Wrote: My point is that there is a correlation between Sjaran liking all that Devialet is not; phantom especially dispenses with the very thing that keeps his business model alive. Vast quantities of add-on foo.

This definitely happens in many outlets. In Srajan's case it does not hold up. The following is summarized from the article being discussed:

The article is about the Kii 3, a 10,000 euro - small active speaker, amp, Dac all in one (just need a laptop). 
In the same article he also talks how the Devialet Phantom is an example of how innovative companies backed by R&D are setting the way for the future. Lastly that the Kii 3 is a reality check for those perched on their "hifi altars".

From reading the article I understood he just did not like the presentation of the Phantoms. In the comments section you can also read how he is "100% certain" the Phantoms would be a lot more impressive if properly demonstrated.

When we have beliefs we hold onto them and see what we want to see. Better to follow something than to be led by something. 

(25-May-2015, 23:21)midi Wrote:

-try and return the unit
-find a workaround.

Yes, the only question should be:

Has anybody tried to return the device and what was the reaction from Devialet. 

I don´t understand, whats the problem with this simple question. It seems almost to be a crime here about thinking to claim contractual rights as a buyer.

Stange reaction here about a normal question...

I think this sums up my problem with the moaning on the forum with problems (or perceived problems) with the Devialet kit. No one forces anyone to buy these things so if the only reason you did was because of the particular thing you are unhappy about then return it as HiFi_swlon said.

I have to say I bought mine because after years of racks of huge boxes and valve amps and building stuff and cables debates and trials I had found a beautiful looking box that sounded fantastic and was portable.

I go to Spain for 3 months in the winter and took it with me last year with a pair for old mission speakers and my Mac mini and had all my music with me for the winter - bliss.

I am in the IT business and have to say I would not like to try sorting out an interface over WiFi that would work perfectly all the different versions and upgrade levels of Windows and Mac and am not at all surprised it is taking a long time.

Remember no-one forces you to have this stuff and if you really are that upset with various bits of the technology then do something more constructive than whinging on here.

Sorry but that was todays rant Angel
UK kit - Technics SP10 - Technics EPA-501  - AT33SA - NUC5i3 - W10 - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet 1000 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable (0.5 metre each side) - Magico S5

Spain kit - NUC7i5 - W10  - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet D250 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable - Ergo IX speakers
The problem doesn't just occur with wi-fi. Devialet acknowledge there is a problem with AIR that they're still trying to fix. I think it's perfectly reasonable to ask for a refund if the product isn't working as described and Devialet seem a good enough company to actually honour that. Sorry for fanning the flames here but I'm getting the impression some think that the AIR problems are 100% due to faulty networking setups and that the product (and associated software) is perfect.
(26-May-2015, 08:36)Rufus McDufus Wrote: The problem doesn't just occur with wi-fi. Devialet acknowledge there is a problem with AIR that they're still trying to fix. I think it's perfectly reasonable to ask for a refund if the product isn't working as described and Devialet seem a good enough company to actually honour that. Sorry for fanning the flames here but I'm getting the impression some think that the AIR problems are 100% due to faulty networking setups and that the product (and associated software) is perfect.

So do I, but didn't want to open up World War 3 by suggesting that !!!!
UK kit - Technics SP10 - Technics EPA-501  - AT33SA - NUC5i3 - W10 - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet 1000 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable (0.5 metre each side) - Magico S5

Spain kit - NUC7i5 - W10  - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet D250 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable - Ergo IX speakers