Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No sound from slave inputs with 440
Hello,
This weekend I upgraded my system from 220 pro to 440 pro and set it up with the configurator; the main inputs on the master work ok, but the inputs on the slave amp don't get any sound or seem to be active, even though they were properly configured on the configurator and also had the chain link active to share slave inputs. What could be happening? I tried several times the configuration and still was the same.
Thanks.
Devialet Expert 440 Pro CI, B&W 803 D3, Auralic Aries G2, OPPO 203.
Did you use 2 connections for this configuration (to enable the inputs on second unit) . When only use second unit for second speaker only 1 connection is used.

Sent from my COL-L29 using Tapatalk
(17-Dec-2018, 11:03)paul.oorbeek Wrote: Did you use 2 connections for this configuration (to enable the inputs on second unit) . When only use second unit for second speaker only 1 connection is used.

Sorry, I didn't understand quite well what you mean. I used a coaxial and a 3.5 as well from the trigger out as per the configurator. The sharing option is ticked as enabled on the coaxial connection.
(17-Dec-2018, 14:19)Freddie77 Wrote:
(17-Dec-2018, 11:03)paul.oorbeek Wrote: Did you use 2 connections for this configuration (to enable the inputs on second unit) . When only use second unit for second speaker only 1 connection is used.

Sorry, I didn't understand quite well what you mean. I used a coaxial and a 3.5 as well from the triger out as per the configurator. The sharing option is ticked as enabled on the coaxial connection.
Ok then i do not know what the issue is unfortunately

Die you connect the link cable between the units in the right out/inputs?
(17-Dec-2018, 17:09)ghosttipper Wrote: Die you connect the link cable between the units in the right out/inputs?

Yes, both unit connected through coaxial for link and 3.5 cable from trigger out. 
I tried another configuration and didn't work either. After that I went back to the configuration I was using (with not working inputs on the slave) and now I lost the ethernet and wifi connections too.
Please delete old configs on both sd cards and load f4om the Website for every unit the config again. That could help.
Good luck

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk
(17-Dec-2018, 18:19)Elztalbiker Wrote: Please delete old configs on both sd cards and load f4om the Website for every unit the config again. That could help.
Good luck

Thanks, I have tried that a few times, even downloading files with different browsers; and formatting and still the same. Only thing back is ethernet and wifi after unplugging from the switch. I also submitted support ticket through Devialet.
Identical firmware both units?

Thinking out loud... Are you using a long link cable (more than a couple of metres) and/or high sample rates (more than say 48 kHz)? If so, maybe the cable is working marginally and is OK when data flows one way but not the other.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK