Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Optical Direct for Reactors
(21-Oct-2019, 21:35)Wuchst Wrote: Thank you for your help.

I‘m now using a cinch-headphone-Adapter for watching TV. The cable is put in the right Reactor. I thought that the Reactors would create a connection between each other to sound stereo. But now only the right Reactor makes Sound. How am I able to use both Reactora as Stereo with cinch-/headphoen-Adapter?

The Reactor also is very quitly in comparison to connection via bluetooth or wifi. Does anyone know why this could happen?
In the Devialet App you need to use the configure stereo pair option to link the Reactor's together.
6 x Phantom Gold, 3 x Phantom Silver, 2 x Phantom Classic, 9 x Phantom Reactor 900, Symetrix Radius AEC-2, 2 x JBL Synthesis SDP-55, Dante
@njaiswal

Thanks for your answer. I did that directly after unboxing but it didn´t work. Now it does, even if I don´t know why. Big Grin
Only thing is that Reacotrs are very quitly and lame soundedwhen connected to TV via cable, so I have to tune the volume to about 60 to get some good sound. I sended a question to the support to help me.

And hopefully they will implement the EQ soon. It also would be nice to have a button in the APP to put the reactors in standby.
Hey guys.

I want to use my Reactors with my TV. Could you confirm I have to buy a 3.5mm Mini Toslink cable ?

Do you have any to recommend (available on Amazon) ?
2 x Phantom Reactor 600W - Stereo
(23-Oct-2019, 21:08)HublotTimer Wrote: Hey guys.

I want to use my Reactors with my TV. Could you confirm I have to buy a 3.5mm Mini Toslink cable ?

Do you have any to recommend (available on Amazon) ?

Hello, 
Yes you can use a toslink, with 3.5mm jack adapter, if your tv supports that too.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

2x Phantom Reactor 600 in stereo
@HublotTimer

Please give us a info, how it works, because I am using a cinch-to-3,5-headphone-adapter and the sound is bad. It is very silent and not any drive in the sound.
Thank you.
Hey guys.

I’m done using those amazing guys as TV speakers.

Cable is in place. TV gets it. But sound is so and so, often stereo doesn’t function at all and only one speaker is heard. And many many AirPlay disconnections since they were wired to the TV at the same time...

I’ll keep my soundbar except when I’ll be watching movies...
2 x Phantom Reactor 600W - Stereo
Oh, that´s sad. Seems like they have possibly thought, that cable is not that important.
I´m thinking about sending the 600s back because for 990,- € each I´m expecting them to work.
I am surprised that the sound quality is so poor. @njaiswal reported issues with the latency but not the quality. Also, suggest contacting Devialet Support one more time before returning them.

P/s do not have Reactors, so cannot test
Yeah, I was surprised too. I will contact the support tomorrow. If they don‘t have a solution, I‘ll sent them back first vecause we have a 2-week-deadline in Germany to get the money back.
The sound is really bad. I‘m listening in the range of 60-70, there like no! Bass. And because I‘m watching films and concerts it‘s a mess. I will test another cable tomorrow.

Another problem is that the Reactors are losing the connection to the App after about 30 minutes so that the App has to get startet to change the volume.

If the new cable doesn’t work or the support doesn‘t have a solution for the bad sound I will send them back.