Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Optical Direct for Reactors
(02-Nov-2019, 14:32)njaiswal Wrote:
(30-Oct-2019, 20:59)Wuchst Wrote: Since yesterday I‘m writing with the costumer-service hoping to get this fixed.

@njaiswal 
Are the speakers only dump antive speakers if they are playing on cable? Are they still working with wifi?
Is it possible to change back to „Devialet-optical“ if they can fix the problem?
Do you have stereo in optical direct?
Even with a cable plugged in the speakers are still using the Devialet software to create a stereo configuration and to control volume.  By going in to the "custom install mode" you eliminate any use of Devialet software to manage the speakers.  You then use an external pre-amp to control volume, sources, and stereo configuration.

It is easy to go back and forth.  It simply requires a factory reset.

I have stereo and it is glorious!  Last night I spent 20 mins listening to the reactor's in my youngest's room and was in awe at the sound intensity.  I'm simply amazed at how much sound comes out of such a little package.

Hey, thanks for you Information! That helps me a lot.
Maybe I will try that and use my AVR, so I have an equalizer for TV-Sound and don´t have lip-synch-problems.

Yeah, I love them too. Escpecially for their small size. I allways have had big speakers but in my new room (even if it is about 50 m² the big ones don´t fit. I´m thinking about buying one (or maybe two) for every room.  Big Grin
@njaiswal

Today I was thinking about switching to the optical direct mode beause the connection between the two 600 sucks a lot. But as I read, there won´t be a way to use optical direct and wifi at the same configuration, right? So I have to switch every time I hear music or watch TV?
(08-Dec-2019, 11:07)Wuchst Wrote: @njaiswal

Today I was thinking about switching to the optical direct mode beause the connection between the two 600 sucks a lot. But as I read, there won´t be a way to use optical direct and wifi at the same configuration, right? So I have to switch every time I hear music or watch TV?

Correct if you want to use the Reactor's native WiFi capabilities.  In order to get around that, I have attached a Bluesound Node2i to each of my reactor pairs.  With the Node2i, i get airplay and bluetooth connectivity convenience for the rest of the family when they want to play music or watch content on their iDevices...
6 x Phantom Gold, 3 x Phantom Silver, 2 x Phantom Classic, 9 x Phantom Reactor 900, Symetrix Radius AEC-2, 2 x JBL Synthesis SDP-55, Dante
Thanks alot!

Could you please define it a bit for me?

You have a bluesond node 2i an you´re straming music to the bluesound via airplay and from the bluesound it goes via optical cable to die Reactors?

It´s so sobering that a 2.000,- € system is not working as it should. Even if it is the ceapest way to have Devialet Sound.
(09-Dec-2019, 20:40)Wuchst Wrote: Thanks alot!

Could you please define it a bit for me?

You have a bluesond node 2i an you´re straming music to the bluesound via airplay and from the bluesound it goes via optical cable to die Reactors?

It´s so sobering that a 2.000,- € system is not working as it should. Even if it is the ceapest way to have Devialet Sound.
Sure thing.  But keep in mind that my setup is very unique because of number of phantoms I have in the house.  For the reactors, I am using a Bluesound Node 2i as my audio source.  That is connected to an optical to Dante converter which broadcasts the Node2i as a Dante Transmitter on my network.  Each Reactor is set to "Custom Install Mode" and has an Dante to Optical dongle attached to them allowing them to appear as Dante Receivers on my network.  I use the Dante network to separate the right and left channels so that one Reactor gets the L channel and the other the R channel.   I have other components in the mix but those aren't germane to this conversation. 

You need to feed each Reactor an individual channel in order to get true stereo sound from "Customer Install Mode" configured Reactors.  You can do this with the Node2i (or any other receiver) by getting 2 analog to digital converters (ADC) and using the analog out. Each ADC only converts a single channel (L or R) to optical and then plug the optical output into the Reactors (2 ADC + 2 Reactors).  This method is messy because you're doing a DAC to ADC to DAC... hence my choice of using Dante.

Hope this helps.
6 x Phantom Gold, 3 x Phantom Silver, 2 x Phantom Classic, 9 x Phantom Reactor 900, Symetrix Radius AEC-2, 2 x JBL Synthesis SDP-55, Dante
I have a pair of 900 for testing at home. Also have the first gen Phantom silver. My wife likes the reactor better (smaller). Right now they are in direct mode with 2 RCA to jack cables, one for left and one for the right channel, connected tot a Yamaha wxc-50. This works perfect and is better useable for wife and daughter.
(09-May-2020, 11:59)MrSinister Wrote: I have a pair of 900 for testing at home. Also have the first gen Phantom silver. My wife likes the reactor better (smaller). Right now they are in direct mode with 2 RCA to jack cables, one for left and one for the right channel, connected tot a Yamaha wxc-50. This works perfect and is better useable for wife and daughter.
Hi, preamp output rca to mono 3,5 jack for L and R ?
(09-May-2020, 13:42)jvoki Wrote:
(09-May-2020, 11:59)MrSinister Wrote: I have a pair of 900 for testing at home. Also have the first gen Phantom silver. My wife likes the reactor better (smaller). Right now they are in direct mode with 2 RCA to jack cables, one for left and one for the right channel, connected tot a Yamaha wxc-50. This works perfect and is better useable for wife and daughter.
Hi, preamp output rca to mono 3,5 jack for L and R ?
I use two stereo RCA to stereo jack cables. One cable I only use the red (right) RCA the other cable the White RCA. This way the right speaker only receives the right signal and the other only the left signal. I use isolation tape the isolate the unused rca. I dont have a mono jack cable so can't test that.
Hi!  Did you have to lower the volume on the reactors to prevent a hum/hiss coming from them when not playing?  When I setup mine without Dante I had an hum issue when their was no music playing and had to lower the volume on my reactors.
(10-May-2020, 17:40)njaiswal Wrote:
Hi!  Did you have to lower the volume on the reactors to prevent a hum/hiss coming from them when not playing?  When I setup mine without Dante I had an hum issue when their was no music playing and had to lower the volume on my reactors.
Yes I also have it, didn't notice it yet (my hearing is not that good anymore  Undecided