Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Optical Direct for Reactors
Today I baught a optical to optical-toslink cable. Sound is much! better now. In this way they are as I wanted them. Volume is louder now.

But the connection between left and right is loosing every few minutes.

@HublotTimer: how are yours working now with the optical cable?
Same issue as you.

Sound is great but every 3 minutes maybe only one Reactor plays sound and the other one go quiet.
And a few seconds after he awakes again. A little bit annoying...

Trying to sell my sound bar. Then I’ll focus on this !
2 x Phantom Reactor 600W - Stereo
(26-Oct-2019, 23:52)HublotTimer Wrote: Hey guys.

I’m done using those amazing guys as TV speakers.

Cable is in place. TV gets it. But sound is so and so, often stereo doesn’t function at all and only one speaker is heard. And many many AirPlay disconnections since they were wired to the TV at the same time...

I’ll keep my soundbar except when I’ll be watching movies...
You are experiencing what I did before I went to optical direct mode.  The stability was killing me and my wife was literally going to throw every phantom out of every window.  We just moved into our house and i'm still getting all of the phantoms up and running.  I have 7 of the 18 up and running using Dante adapters and a Symetrix and can't be happier with the stability and sound quality.  If you're having drop outs, then my suggestion is to put the speakers in "Custom Install Mode" and use them as "dumb" active speakers.
6 x Phantom Gold, 3 x Phantom Silver, 2 x Phantom Classic, 9 x Phantom Reactor 900, Symetrix Radius AEC-2, 2 x JBL Synthesis SDP-55, Dante
Since yesterday I‘m writing with the costumer-service hoping to get this fixed.

@njaiswal
Are the speakers only dump antive speakers if they are playing on cable? Are they still working with wifi?
Is it possible to change back to „Devialet-optical“ if they can fix the problem?
Do you have stereo in optical direct?
How do you set them up this way ? Today is a non working day in France I have time to try all this stuff...
(01-Nov-2019, 11:33)HublotTimer Wrote: How do you set them up this way ? Today is a non working day in France I have time to try all this stuff...

Try post #10 in this thread.

https://devialetchat.com/Thread-Optical-...8#pid85298
In fact I fixed it by setting the Linear PCM on my TV.

I firmly plugged in the TOSLINK and no more disconnection or so.

Maybe firmware did some good !
(30-Oct-2019, 20:59)Wuchst Wrote: Since yesterday I‘m writing with the costumer-service hoping to get this fixed.

@njaiswal 
Are the speakers only dump antive speakers if they are playing on cable? Are they still working with wifi?
Is it possible to change back to „Devialet-optical“ if they can fix the problem?
Do you have stereo in optical direct?
Even with a cable plugged in the speakers are still using the Devialet software to create a stereo configuration and to control volume.  By going in to the "custom install mode" you eliminate any use of Devialet software to manage the speakers.  You then use an external pre-amp to control volume, sources, and stereo configuration.

It is easy to go back and forth.  It simply requires a factory reset.

I have stereo and it is glorious!  Last night I spent 20 mins listening to the reactor's in my youngest's room and was in awe at the sound intensity.  I'm simply amazed at how much sound comes out of such a little package.
6 x Phantom Gold, 3 x Phantom Silver, 2 x Phantom Classic, 9 x Phantom Reactor 900, Symetrix Radius AEC-2, 2 x JBL Synthesis SDP-55, Dante
(02-Nov-2019, 12:06)HublotTimer Wrote: In fact I fixed it by setting the Linear PCM on my TV.

I firmly plugged in the TOSLINK and no more disconnection or so.

Maybe firmware did some good !
Great news!  Hopefully they'll stay like that for good.  Are you happier with the sound quality?
Yes sir ! Definitely !

To be honest I'm still thinking about buying 2 Classic or Silver or Gold.
But when I face my speakers on their amazing Legs and I play a few songs I love I'm just wondering why would I do that instead of using this money for other things LoL.

Like "Damn, dis moi" de Chris & The Queens I'm still blown away by the power that gets out of those tiny little things.

I may still need advices about all those models.

And someone told me that Devialet will discontinue the Silvers really soon.