Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phantom Premier and Reactor at last united!
(31-Oct-2019, 17:37)KarlMarx Wrote: Audirvana does not detect my two golds, nor the updated dialogue with upnp...

(31-Oct-2019, 17:51)P. Fegerle Wrote: You have to plug out the golds and plug them in again. Then Audirvana detects your golds. Enjoy.
Has there been a change in sound quality with UPnP when changing from DOS1 to DOS2?
(01-Nov-2019, 00:07)ragwo Wrote:
(31-Oct-2019, 23:29)pikachu Wrote: Since the dos2 update I can't get my 2 golds to play in stereo anymore consistently, after every time I restart them they play in stereo for few minutes before going to back to be playing individually and creating a big mess of a sound. In the devialet app they still show as stereo pair while not playing as stereo. What a shit show I got myself in to after updating them? ??
That's really bad! Do you have good Wi-Fi coverage where the speakers are located? Is it possible to hardwire the speakers and see if it helps?

yeah WiFi is very solid, I have Eero pro mesh network all over the house. And, there is a eero less than 3 feet from speakers and dialog throwing out 600-900mbps anytime.
(01-Nov-2019, 00:42)T-Fury Wrote:
(31-Oct-2019, 23:29)pikachu Wrote: Since the dos2 update I can't get my 2 golds to play in stereo anymore consistently, after every time I restart them they play in stereo for few minutes before going to back to be playing individually and creating a big mess of a sound. In the devialet app they still show as stereo pair while not playing as stereo. What a shit show I got myself in to after updating them? ??
This has been my problem as well. I now have everything hooked up to an ethernet switch and that has improved the stability to some extent. The app suggests that if you have them hooked up via ethernet then that will be the preferred communication method. I've noticed a few interesting things. First, if I power up the system things will work for some variable amount of time and then almost always the left will drop out, power cycle back on and then reconnect to the stereo pair. When this happens it tends to make a garbled electronic noise before power cycling. I have to reconnect via Spotify connect and then I can stream music again. Second, even in the ethernet setup some variable amount of time will pass and then they seem to slightly unsync, making as you say, a mess of the stereo sound. I then have to power cycle everything to re-sync. I'm suspicious it may be adjusting the volume via airplay that screws up the stereo pair, which seems to remain stable longer if I just leave the volume alone. Third, if I suddenly unplug the ethernet switch the right will drop out, but the left will keep streaming. I'm thinking maybe the left acts as the airplay point for both of them in the new DOS 2. All interesting observations, however, I'm not sure what any of it really means. I've contacted Devialet to see what they think. I suppose they're troubleshooting things as well. I'm going to try a direct optical connection this weekend and see what that does. I was excited about DOS 2 so that I could move the golds to a more optimal location in my house and use WiFi, but I had to spend the afternoon today rewiring the house so I could get ethernet to them. So far I'm missing the stability of the old DOS.

I have not tried to hard wiring them, as I don’t want to go that route. I have a really solid network all over the place and everything was working fine until this update other than one of the phantom sometimes disappearing and then coming back soon. But now it’s been terrible since this update, my wife is giving me shit for doing the update on the first place?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️  As far as the behavior of dropouts and unsync sound is absolutely same as you have explained here. For some reason left one drops and then there is a cracking noise and then everything just sounds terrible.
(31-Oct-2019, 08:43)kmjy Wrote:
(31-Oct-2019, 04:22)foFox Wrote: Well, I am sad to say after updating my two Silvers & Dialog, the Devialet app is unable to set the speakers up. I tried resetting & plugging the power out.

I tried resetting everything multiple times. No effect. Yeah I updated the dialog last.

I can only get the speakers be recognized through Ethernet. No Wifi. God I regret this update, this is co crazy broken.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(01-Nov-2019, 00:42)T-Fury Wrote: I'm going to try a direct optical connection this weekend and see what that does.

If you are referring to the Direct Optical mode, as opposed to simply using the optical connector, then I’m sorry to write that that option is not available with DOS2 as per following link.

https://help.devialet.com/hc/en-us/artic...om-Premier

Nb - It’s referred to as Low latency optical.
(01-Nov-2019, 11:34)alandbush Wrote:
(01-Nov-2019, 00:42)T-Fury Wrote: I'm going to try a direct optical connection this weekend and see what that does.

If you are referring to the Direct Optical mode, as opposed to simply using the optical connector, then I’m sorry to write that that option is not available with DOS2 as per following link.

https://help.devialet.com/hc/en-us/artic...om-Premier

Nb - It’s referred to as Low latency optical.
I just meant inputting through the optical connector. I’m curious if I’ll see any stability improvements running it through the optical input on dialog vs one or the other phantom. I’m kinda doubting it at this point as it seems to be a communication issue between the two phantoms in the new DOS2. Interestingly, I tried swapping channels in the Devialet app last night and almost immediately the same phantom (same serial #) dropped out. The issue has been elevated to their technical team so I’ll see what they have to say. It’s been interesting to learn that I’m not the only person with this issue.
I just can’t get my golds to play in stereo anymore longer than 10 minutes. Does this mean that this new update killed the thousands I invested in these speakers because there is no way now to go back to the old os anymore.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Have you tried switching between WiFi and PLC (PowerLine)?
Devialet Phantom Gold Duo | Devialet Phantom Reactor 600 Duo | 2x New Devialet Remote | 4x HiFiBerry RAAT endpoints & low-cost passive speakers — Roon Lifetime
(02-Nov-2019, 09:18)DesertEagleAZ Wrote: Have you tried switching between WiFi and PLC (PowerLine)?

Yes I did it both ways and it didn’t work, but last night I disconnected the dialog from power outlet and since then they’re working fine in stereo. Fingers crossed, the situation is fixed most likely. I definitely feel the soundstage is even better than before, looks like the hundreds I put in dialog is zero now but better than speakers going to dust.

I spoke too soon, they’re still screwed up in stereo. They better push another update to fix this shit otherwise my speakers are going back to them as they’re still in warranty.