Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Phantom Premier vs Phantom I
(03-Feb-2021, 20:14)BAMBAMODA Wrote: I just ordered the 108db version in matte black.

Anyone know how this will compare to my Sonos FIVE? 

Thanks
Are you serious?
(03-Feb-2021, 20:14)BAMBAMODA Wrote: I just ordered the 108db version in matte black.

Thanks
It will be night and day. The Phantom is in a different league, hence the price difference. Congratulations and enjoy!
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
(03-Feb-2021, 20:54)invictus005 Wrote:

Thanks
Are you serious?
I think the Sonos five is pretty good man. Use it for hallway/kids bedroom music. For night time
It plays thunderstorm sounds for sleeping. I bet the bass on the phantom is much better. 

Does anyone use the phantom to listen to deep house?  Like the YouTube station gangster city 
https://youtube.com/c/GANGSTERCITY
Crutchfield can suck a fat baby arm. 
(03-Feb-2021, 22:37)BAMBAMODA Wrote:
(03-Feb-2021, 20:54)invictus005 Wrote:

Thanks
Are you serious?
I think the Sonos five is pretty good man. Use it for hallway/kids bedroom music. For night time
It plays thunderstorm sounds for sleeping. I bet the bass on the phantom is much better. 

Does anyone use the phantom to listen to deep house?  Like the YouTube station gangster city 
Again, are you serious? You’re comparing a hallway and kid’s room speaker to the Phantom I 108? The phantom is the single most advanced speaker ever created by man. And arguably one of the best, if not the best sounding speaker in the world. The only other speakers in this absolute tier 1 category are B&O BeoLab 50s and 90s. At $40,000 and $85,000 for the pair. You’re basically going from a Honda Civic to a Ferrari Enzo with you upgrade.
(03-Feb-2021, 22:49)invictus005 Wrote:
(03-Feb-2021, 22:37)BAMBAMODA Wrote:
(03-Feb-2021, 20:54)invictus005 Wrote: Are you serious?

Again, are you serious? You’re comparing a hallway and kid’s room speaker to the Phantom I 108? The phantom is the single most advanced speaker ever created by man. And arguably one of the best, if not the best sounding speaker in the world. The only other speakers in this absolute tier 1 category are B&O BeoLab 50s and 90s. At $40,000 and $85,000 for the pair. You’re basically going from a Honda Civic to a Ferrari Enzo with you upgrade.
I can vote for the excellent sound quality of the Phantom Gold/I 108, but there are better speakers out there, considerably cheaper than the B&Os you mention. The Kii Three for example is quite a lot better than the Phantom in my opinion. I would think that both Dutch & Dutch 8c, Grimm and the Genelec speakers in the higher price range would surpass the Phantom sound quality wise. For the price the Phantom is still a very good speaker in my opinion.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
(03-Feb-2021, 23:18)ragwo Wrote:
(03-Feb-2021, 22:49)invictus005 Wrote:
(03-Feb-2021, 22:37)BAMBAMODA Wrote: I think the Sonos five is pretty good man. Use it for hallway/kids bedroom music. For night time

I can vote for the excellent sound quality of the Phantom Gold/I 108, but there are better speakers out there, considerably cheaper than the B&Os you mention. The Kii Three for example is quite a lot better than the Phantom in my opinion. I would think that both Dutch & Dutch 8c, Grimm and the Genelec speakers in the higher price range would surpass the Phantom sound quality wise. For the price the Phantom is still a very good speaker in my opinion.
I’ve owned many high end Genelecs and Neumanns, but personally prefer Phantoms. I have not owned Kii Threes, but have listened to them extensively and still prefer the Phantoms.
@BAMBAMODA
I sold my Phantom gold as it was becoming more difficult to deal with all Devialet's issues.
I bought the Sonos Play 5 for a transition period as I couldn't find and buy something better.
Yesterday I went to the store to listen to the Gold.
They sound better than the Sonos Play 5 but they are not 5 times better than Sonos when considering the sell price is 5x higher.
Please excuse my poor reputation
For some who have tested, even the Kef LS50W2 (cheaper) sounds better in mids/highs register. Only bass is deeper on the Golds.
(04-Feb-2021, 11:12)fabien44 Wrote: For some who have tested, even the Kef LS50W2 (cheaper) sounds better in mids/highs register. Only bass is deeper on the Golds.

Yeah this with the New KEF sub was what I was wanting to get. For sure is better looking for a modern home.
(04-Feb-2021, 09:05)daibaron Wrote: @BAMBAMODA
I sold my Phantom gold as it was becoming more difficult to deal with all Devialet's issues.
I bought the Sonos Play 5 for a transition period as I couldn't find and buy something better.
Yesterday I went to the store to listen to the Gold.
They sound better than the Sonos Play 5 but they are not 5 times better than Sonos when considering the sell price is 5x higher.

Yeah. I was told two SONOS fives was more complete than 1 phantom. I’m looking forward to seeing how it compares at least using Spotify. I ordered from crutchfield so no clue how long for them to get the phantom I 108db in and ship. If I really like it I’ll get two.