Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Phantom Premier vs Phantom I
sorry i meant the Devialet Phantom I 103dB
(21-Feb-2021, 12:12)john2910 Wrote: sorry i meant the Devialet Phantom I 103dB

So the phantom I 108db and gold phantom are same in terms of sound quality? Or is the new one better?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Premier Gold is renamed Phantom I 108 DB. Opéra de Paris now Phantom I 108 DB Opéra de Paris. In other words the same speakers. All Phantoms have gone through some changes over time (ADH1 vs ADH2 for example). What is now Phantom I could be a little different from previous versions, but it does not seem to be a "new" model. Black colour is new of course
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
Phantom 1 has new processor, better power consumptium but in term of SQ? Who knows?
So it is not the same hardware products unless the last Gold production provide the new hardware ?
No, it's not quite the same hardware. As you say the processor is new, but SQ? Who knows... we will probably not know until someone buys a new Phantom to make a stereo pair with an old one.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
Anyone tried both the old Phantom Premiers and the new ones? Do they sound different? I understand there are some hardware differences but also some software changes that are exclusive to the new models, so it would be interesting to see if this has a noticeable impact on the sound!

I have been trying to get info online but there is none given it is has been only a month or 2 since release! I am considering buying an old gold at discount while they exist but wondering if the differences are noticeable!

I do much prefer the old glossy white rather than the new matt version, so that would be a plus to the old one! Thanks everyone, have really enjoyed the discussion so far!
I am having my old gold upgraded to new one, so I will let you know. The whole up and down should be done in 2 weeks Smile
Thanks for your reply. Looking forward to hear what you think of the new model Smile
(23-Mar-2021, 20:39)st33f Wrote: I am having my old gold upgraded to new one

Is that by Devialet's recommendation?
Devialetless!
(23-Mar-2021, 14:11)eyezest Wrote: Anyone tried both the old Phantom Premiers and the new ones? Do they sound different? I understand there are some hardware differences but also some software changes that are exclusive to the new models, so it would be interesting to see if this has a noticeable impact on the sound!

Just out of curiosity, which software changes are exclusive for the Phantom I?
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage