Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Roon RAAT and "An audio file is loading slowly"
The good news... Roon RAAT is released!

The bad news (for me) is that it is not behaving well with hi-res flac.  On playing pretty much any album at 192kHz, 24Bit (and sometimes with 96khz), I'm getting...  

An audio file is loading slowly.  This may indicate a performance or hardware problem.  

The audio often drops out and occasionally the track is skipped.   It is happening with both my music and with Qobuz in Roon.  This also happens occasionally with 96kz, 24Bit music.  I've not seen it (yet) with normal CD res music.

This is only happening via Roon RAAT.   It does NOT happen with Roon AIR nor with my microRendu to USB input.   In perusing the Roon forums, it seems that when others have seen this in the past, it has often been network issues.   I'm running RoonServer on Win 10 i7 desktop PC on a gigibit network with structured wiring throughout my home.  I've not had any issues with Roon before now (well, at least not since I got rid of Devialet AIR to use Roon AIR).   

Anyone else run into this?  I have posted the question on the Roon forums.   I feel a need to start troubleshooting my network, but hardly know where to begin since I've not seen any network issues until this.

On the plus side, I have to concur that everything playing via my Expert Pros since the firmware/DOS upgrade has sounded better (well, except for the whole issue above ;-)
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
Am currently playing Roon with the RAAT fully functioning ... am also using upsampling inside Roon so all files are upsampled to 24/192 and also using EQ of the Roon's DSP. Absolutely no issues with RAAT ... My Roon core in my Roon Nucleus feeding an AQ Diamond ETH into the 440-Pro-CI is just doing good !

Kudos to Devialet for the superb sounding Firmware update ... its made a world of difference to my system's sound ... will definitely defer upgrading my AQ speaker cables to the Mythical Creature series with my system sounding the way it is now ...
Roon Nucleus w/ Hypsos PSU & AQ Tornado + Roon RAAT  >  AQ Diamond ETH > etherREGEN using SFP + Hypsos PSU | CEC TL-5 CD Transport + AQ Z3 + 3 x Orea Indigo > AQ Diamond AES/EBU 
Devialet 440-Pro CI >  AQ Wel Sig  RCA-XLR | 6 x Orea Bronze, 2 x Synergistic Research Atmosphere PC | B&W 802 D3 {Bi-wired}  >  AQ WEL Signature (Biwire)
REL G1-Mk2 pair | PS Audio PP 12 + AQ NRG-1000 | Puritan GroundMaster + RouteMaster | SAM DISABLED - DPM OFF - Northern Virginia - US
I am having the same issue Roon / Tidal.  With mine it is on the standard 16-44 files. My internet speed is only 3 Mpbs but don’t usually have these issues on Air. I am ok if I stream high res I have purchased.
Devialet 220 Pro CI, IsoAcoustics Orea Bronze, B&W 804D's, Isoacoustics Gia II,  PS Audio P12,  Synergistic Research Devialet spec power Cord, Siltech 770L speaker cables, Qobuz, Roon Lifetime
                                    GTA, Canada
I'm getting something similar, I've seen the device loading slowly when I was skipping short tracks frequently, tracks that are on my HDD.

The biggest problem im getting is dropouts with upsampled files, makes no difference if from my NAS or tidal. I've not tried 96kz native material yet. With upsampling turned off and 44.1 it seems stable.

I've been using upsampling for months with air and had zero problems. So air is more stable than Raat, oh the irony.
Roon, Rega P9 + Dynavector XX2Mk2 > 440 Pro > Sonus Faber Guarneri Evolution
RAAT must be eating far more bandwidth than AIR, but I haven’t a clue whether there’s an issue with my network or something else. No response yet from Roon support on this and i’m hesitant to post it to Devialet support (for fear of pulling the rest of my hair out ;-)

On the plus side, it sounds great on regular CD rips. I’m only seeing the problem with hi-res.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Durham, NC USA
What surprises me about this observation is that if there's a length certification process before Roon Ready status is awarded, it (presumably) hasn't seen the same behaviour. And surely the process would include the kind of use cases you've all outlined? Most strange...I'll be interested to see how this goes.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
I’m facing this problem too with RAAT. The problem is more severe for Qobuz.
Oppo-203 / SonicTransporter i7 Roon Core ->Trinnov Altitute-16->TAD M2500MK-1 -> TAD CR-1
I just had it happen to me so I did a search and it’s happened to others before too. There’s a thread about it here where the solution was to turn off IGMP on the router. I did that and am now playing 192 MQA converted to DSD64 (Don’t ask why. I just wanted to try something that requires my mac to work hard) without a hiccup.

Here's a link to the Roon thread:

https://community.roonlabs.com/t/audio-f...ting/44697

Edit; I just remembered why I turned on IGMP in the first place. It was because I had troubles streaming music through my iPhone at home. I use it a lot with my ear buds in when I'm on the tools (practically every day) So now I might have fixed one thing and broken another.  Huh
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
Sounds like a good spot, @Pim - thanks.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
Strange that we have yet to hear anything from Roon support on this. They're usually quite responsive. Has anyone found a viable solution (other than the IGMP disable since my router doesn't have an option to change that)? For now, I've just reverted to using AIR again.
Durham, NC USA