Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Roon supports Devialet AIR
Would anyone know what do the "HPFN" messages mean in the Roon Server log files?

I noticed that if I stream music from the Roon Nucleus+ to my Devialet, I get this kind of messages to the logs:
Quote:09/17 12:00:28 Info: [devialet] Transition to playing!! HPFN = 193799

But if I use Windows 10 PC to run the Roon Server and stream to my Devialet (streaming exactly the same track), I get much lower numbers in the HPFN messages.
Quote:09/17 14:53:47 Info: [devialet] Transition to playing!! HPFN = 96199

What does this mean?  Huh
Bluesound Node > Matrix Audio X-SPDIF 2 > Genelec 8351B & 7360A
Devialet 1000 Pro
Bluesound Node 2i > Genelec 8330
Tampere, Finland
Probably a question more likely to get answered on Roons forum.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(17-Sep-2018, 18:58)Hifi_swlon Wrote: Probably a question more likely to get answered on Roons forum.

Yeah, I have asked about the same on that forum, but my thread there is unlisted (not visible to others). It's basically a private conversation between me and Roon support fellows. I haven't got any answers so far.
Bluesound Node > Matrix Audio X-SPDIF 2 > Genelec 8351B & 7360A
Devialet 1000 Pro
Bluesound Node 2i > Genelec 8330
Tampere, Finland
(16-Sep-2018, 12:36)Hifi_swlon Wrote:
(16-Sep-2018, 12:08)Pim Wrote: Roon Advanced Audio Transport (RAAT) reads to me like Roon have set a protocol and whoever builds a RAAT ready device just has to comply with that protocol. I really wonder how much freedom a designer actually has implementing RAAT.

Not so much 'freedom in implementing', more a set of standards for 'how' it's implemented - i.e. thoroughly tested and verified as reliable, and supporting all the controls etc that RoonReady mandates (power on/off, input auto selection, volume controls, reporting back sample rates, etc).  Thankfully, random pops and crackles aren’t part of the RAAT spec, so if it’s happening within the underlying Devialet code it will finally need fixing Smile

Pretty sure it will also be tested grouped with other RAAT devices to make sure playback sync is all working properly.

And it will have to sound equal to AIR - i.e. it can't just be shoehorned in, it has to be optimised to be the best it can be.

As the CI and Dialog is similar (ARM based, Linux etc.) after RAAT is in place on the CI maybe the road to making Dialog/Phantoms Roon Ready is not so difficult? It may still be difficult for Devialet though...
The new "best" here is Dutch & Dutch where the 8c is individually connected via RAAT to Roon and a stereo pair is kept in sync in Roon. Maybe even MCH is possible this way? Devialet should do the same. Omit Dialog and put RAAT directly in the Phantom firmware.

CORRECTION: Roon is connected to one 8c via RAAT. The stream is reclocked and the other 8c in a pair receives a clock synced signal from the 'master' via the AES link. So Roon is not involved in keeping L/R sync.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
I don’t think the roads technically difficult - especially as you say they’re both on a single platform (the whole reason they put experts on CI was to stop developing two platforms). It will essentially be done for Phantom too.

It’s more psychological for Devialet. They’ll have to finally admit they failed with Spark. Users would probably be ecstatic though. I’d even consider Phantoms again if that happened!

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<