Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shunyata Research
(12-Apr-2019, 18:33)anan Wrote: Recently bought 3 delta NR cables.  1 from wall socket to my venom UK6 (bought from a seller on devialetchat) & 2 to my devialets.

Does the NR do much when connected to a Venom UK6? Doesn't the UK6 already have CCI built in?
(20-May-2019, 14:14)deafenears Wrote:
(12-Apr-2019, 18:33)anan Wrote: Recently bought 3 delta NR cables.  1 from wall socket to my venom UK6 (bought from a seller on devialetchat) & 2 to my devialets.

Does the NR do much when connected to a Venom UK6? Doesn't the UK6 already have CCI built in?

The UK6 includes a number of different noise reduction technologies including CCI, however these can't eliminate noise completely (-24dB noise attenuation at 100 kHz - 30 MHz). Shunyata Research advocates an approach of distributed power conditioning whereby noise is tackled at multiple points including at the point of inception, the PSU itself. The NR filters in the power cords reduce noise by 6-12dB (depending on frequency), so this all adds to the overall picture.

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
(21-May-2019, 09:36)GuillaumeB Wrote:

The UK6 includes a number of different noise reduction technologies including CCI, however these can't eliminate noise completely (-24dB noise attenuation at 100 kHz - 30 MHz). Shunyata Research advocates an approach of distributed power conditioning whereby noise is tackled at multiple points including at the point of inception, the PSU itself. The NR filters in the power cords reduce noise by 6-12dB (depending on frequency), so this all adds to the overall picture.

Guillaume

Correction! The NR filters in the power cables now give over 15dB of noise attenuation. I will be posting a video soon showing the effect of a Venom NR power cable on a patient interface unit in a hospital. It’s pretty dramatic stuff!  Big Grin

Guillaume

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK

Sorry for the tardy reply. I  think @GuillaumeB has provided the feedback you were after. My layman thinking was Venom to clean up from source, and 2 delta NRs to filter close to the devialets. Those were intended. I was looking for a Delta EF (or Venom) cable direct to the wall, but got a good deal on a Delta NR so did not think it would do any harm.
Here's a new video we just created to help launch the new Venom NR cables:

Cheers,

Guillaume

UK
(01-May-2019, 14:29)Carcrashboy Wrote:
(27-Apr-2019, 11:33)GuillaumeB Wrote:
(26-Apr-2019, 13:30)Carcrashboy Wrote: Hi Guillaume, Any news on the cable Grant was referring to at the end of the demo?

Thanks

Graham

I don't have a huge amount of specific info unfortunately. We are basically going to launch a Venom range of power cables with NR filter tech. Performance and aesthetics will get close to the Deltas at roughly half the cost! What I don't have yet is specific UK pricing which is likely to be higher due to the cost of the UK CopperConn connector; initially the plan had been to use a more traditional MK-style plug but trying to get the AWG 10 and 12 conductors into these has been a bugger of a job. Then there are ongoing delays with the wire itself which has seen several revisions. It is hoped that these will start shipping in June but it's possible that we won't make this timeframe.

Guillaume

Thanks, sounds very interesting...

Now the usual Devialet owners question, will they fit with the rear cover plate in place.

Graham
Hello, 
I've a D200 with a Denali and have ordered a Alpha EF power cord for the Devialet, I first have received a big round IEC plug (similar of the Alpha NR I also own), so I asked to be send an other power cord Alpha EF with a flat plug to be able to close the Devialet. When I've received it keep for 1 week the two Alpha EF power cord. The only difference is the IEC plug, but they sound very different !!!

The sound stage with the flat plug is exceptionally large and wide
The sound with the round plug is so much richer in informations, details ... that I've kept the Alpha EF with the round plug
Perhaps Guillaume have tested this case ? to keep the best of the 2, the solution may be Sigma EF Big Grin

But really guys, to obtain the best of Devialet, do not hesitate to invest in power cords.
[Image: Alpha_EF_1.JPG]
Any reviews / news of the Denali 6000/S V2 update and is it coming to the UK in some shape or form?
ex-Expert 210 Pro 
(20-Nov-2018, 11:59)RGuillaumeB Wrote:
(20-Nov-2018, 07:53)ryann Wrote: Hi Guillaume

Thank you for all your answers which are so helpful!  Just two more questions really:
1.  From what you are saying, it seems that for my PS Audio Directstream Memory Player, you are suggesting that a Alpha NR cable would suffice (no need to go up to Sigma)?
2.  I understand from your previous posts that since the release of the UK version Denali, some of the improvements are making or have made its way into what would be the 'latest' versions of the US version Denali.  How can I ascertain or tell whether a particular Denali unit has these 'improvements' (e.g. is it from a certain production number onwards)?  I asked the dealer over here in HK and they didn't seem to know.

Thanks in advance.

Ryan

Yes an Alpha NR would be great and even a Delta NR would do the job admirably too. I personally wouldn't bother going with a Sigma to feed a transport.

Regarding updates to the US/Schuko Denali versions I will need to check and let you know. 

Cheers,

Guillaume

Hi Guilaume

Any further news on the UK improvements being updated to the US Denali version?  I am about to make a decision on the US version of the Denali but wanted to be able to ascertain how to distinguish if a unit has the UK improvements or not. Thanks.
(15-Jun-2019, 20:20)anan Wrote: Any reviews / news of the Denali 6000/S V2 update and is it coming to the UK in some shape or form?

There are no plans to release a UK shelf version. We already effectively have the V2 platform with the UK 6000/T.

We are however launching a new power distributor: the UK Alpha A10 which will help bridge the gap between the UK6 and the 6000/T. This will feature 10 UK outlets and 6 zones of isolation and will retail at £3,900. I am hoping to get my hand on a unit in the next couple of weeks.

Cheers,

Guillaume

UK
(16-Jun-2019, 08:35)ryann Wrote:
(20-Nov-2018, 11:59)RGuillaumeB Wrote:
(20-Nov-2018, 07:53)ryann Wrote: Hi Guillaume

Thank you for all your answers which are so helpful!  Just two more questions really:
1.  From what you are saying, it seems that for my PS Audio Directstream Memory Player, you are suggesting that a Alpha NR cable would suffice (no need to go up to Sigma)?
2.  I understand from your previous posts that since the release of the UK version Denali, some of the improvements are making or have made its way into what would be the 'latest' versions of the US version Denali.  How can I ascertain or tell whether a particular Denali unit has these 'improvements' (e.g. is it from a certain production number onwards)?  I asked the dealer over here in HK and they didn't seem to know.

Thanks in advance.

Ryan

Yes an Alpha NR would be great and even a Delta NR would do the job admirably too. I personally wouldn't bother going with a Sigma to feed a transport.

Regarding updates to the US/Schuko Denali versions I will need to check and let you know. 

Cheers,

Guillaume

Hi Guilaume

Any further news on the UK improvements being updated to the US Denali version?  I am about to make a decision on the US version of the Denali but wanted to be able to ascertain how to distinguish if a unit has the UK improvements or not. Thanks.

The new 6000/S V2! This is now been rolled out in the US market.

Cheers,

Guillaume

UK