Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shunyata Research
(16-Jun-2019, 14:01)GuillaumeB Wrote:
(16-Jun-2019, 08:35)ryann Wrote:
(20-Nov-2018, 11:59)RGuillaumeB Wrote: Yes an Alpha NR would be great and even a Delta NR would do the job admirably too. I personally wouldn't bother going with a Sigma to feed a transport.

Regarding updates to the US/Schuko Denali versions I will need to check and let you know. 

Cheers,

Guillaume

Hi Guilaume

Any further news on the UK improvements being updated to the US Denali version?  I am about to make a decision on the US version of the Denali but wanted to be able to ascertain how to distinguish if a unit has the UK improvements or not. Thanks.

The new 6000/S V2! This is now been rolled out in the US market.

Cheers,

Guillaume

Will the V2 make its way to the 6000/T soon?
Some good news - the Hydra Alpha A10 will soon be launching in the UK.

10 sockets, all of them 13A high current and 6 zones of isolation (4 duplex and 2 individual). Over 60dB of noise reduction isolation between zones and over 50dB from inlet to outlet. Price: £3,900

Cheers,

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
Do all models in the performance line use the same technologye? That is, is this new model equal to the delta d6 but then with 10 outlets?

I'm only asking since I do not need 10 outlets... and I do think this is true for most Devialet owners (reduced box count).

Sorry to bother you. Thanks,

Stijn
How does the new Hydra Alpha compare to the Denali? With the Alpha having more outlets (which would be useful to me) I am a little confused by the range.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
(18-Jul-2019, 22:22)Confused Wrote:  I am a little confused by the range.

Typical
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(18-Jul-2019, 22:22)Confused Wrote: How does the new Hydra Alpha compare to the Denali?  With the Alpha having more outlets (which would be useful to me) I am a little confused by the range.

I don’t know is the honest answer since I haven’t received an Alpha A10 yet!

Obviously the form factors are very different - the Denali 6000/T has its own massive stainless steel isolation platform which means it can go on the ground next to the rack, which can be pretty handy for those with less rack space or perhaps those that have their Devialet wall mounted.

The main difference on paper at least (apart from the number of sockets and zones) is that the Denali has patented QR/BB tech - this is the technology that effectively stores energy without use of capacitors/coils/transformers. Details of the patent are here. QR/BB will remain in our “Reference” range whereas the Alpha is part of our “Performance” line. 

So in terms of UK range there are now three products: UK6, Alpha A10 and Denali 6000/T. 

Cheers,

Guillaume

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
Hi all - got some ex-demo stuff available. If anyone is interested pls check here:

https://shunyata-uk.com/approved-used/

Cheers,

Guillaume

UK
(12-Jun-2019, 13:24)GuillaumeB Wrote: Here's a new video we just created to help launch the new Venom NR cables:

Cheers,

Guillaume
(07-Nov-2019, 07:54)Lincolnlad Wrote:
(12-Jun-2019, 13:24)GuillaumeB Wrote: Here's a new video we just created to help launch the new Venom NR cables:

Cheers,

Guillaume
Just bought a pair of Venom NR10 for my 1000 Pro following review of similar cable in HiFi+ - IMHO the Devialet’s sound “broken” before using the Venom’s (had been using the Audioquest cables that came with them).  I listen to music most of the day then an hour or so tv before going to bed.  Last night after switching tv off I just had to go back to the stereo and listen to three or four tracks.  I think that’s a good definition of a stereo sounding “right”.  Sublime!  
System: Aurender N10, Expert Pro 1000, Magico A3.
I’d look at one if it had two sockets. I have a single box, so unless I add a record player or a second dev I’ll never even think of buying anything with more than 4 sockets max.
D220 Expert Pro CI. Totem Acoustic Tribe Tower Loudspeakers.
Phantom Reactor 600 for Mrs Oz.