Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sound differences between Devialet 200 and Devialet 250
Hi guys!
Finally with the help of the Italian distributor we have resolved the problem!!!
In the configuration, if you leave "open" the wi-fi and the Devialet doesn't can hook the signal is easy to hear hum in one of the speakers and usually on the tweeter.
Devialet France has immediately answer in this mode and now it works well!!
Yesterday evening i did 2 hours of music and... Devialet is Devialet.. I'm very happy to be passed with this configuration Wink
                                                                                          DD SYSTEM
                  SPEAKERS : Bowers Wilkins 802 D3 ---- ELECTRONIC : Devialet 200 (upgrade to Devialet 400 -2016-)
                            SOURCE : Aries Auralic ----- LOADSPEAKERS CABLES : Straightwire Crescendo 2*2,4mt
                 SOURCE CABLE : Audioquest USB Carbon ----- POWER : Ps Audio AC3 ---- REMOTE CONTROL : Ipad Mini

Hualapai

Basically what you saying , if you enabling WIFI in configurator but leave it not connected to your router you hear hum from speakers
and the solution is: to provide SSID and password to connect WIFI or to disable it in configurator.
am i right ?
Devialet 800| B&W 802 Diamond | JL 113 | Linn Akurate DS + Denon HEOS for Spotify | Stealth Reverie speaker cables| Audioprana AES/RCA | DH LABS PC 
(23-Dec-2015, 17:35)Stigmater Wrote: Hualapai

Basically what you saying , if you enabling WIFI in configurator but leave it not connected to your router you hear hum from speakers
and the solution is:  to provide SSID and password to connect WIFI or to disable it in configurator.
am i right ?

Yes, correct!
                                                                                          DD SYSTEM
                  SPEAKERS : Bowers Wilkins 802 D3 ---- ELECTRONIC : Devialet 200 (upgrade to Devialet 400 -2016-)
                            SOURCE : Aries Auralic ----- LOADSPEAKERS CABLES : Straightwire Crescendo 2*2,4mt
                 SOURCE CABLE : Audioquest USB Carbon ----- POWER : Ps Audio AC3 ---- REMOTE CONTROL : Ipad Mini

(18-Oct-2015, 23:08)Stigmater Wrote: Interesting that you like an external DAC connected to your Devialet... I totally see where you're coming from; sometimes, good sound isn't necessarily "accurate/detailed" reproduction of a record. I own quite a bit of music that sounds like utter crap on a very revealing system. Some of us mitigate that by using an external DAC, some do it with more "laid back" speakers, and others tune it with cables...   One word:   Synergy!

Hi and welcome, I can share my little experience,
Not long ago I upgraded my D200 to D250 and that's after trying D200 in monoblocks (D400).
I liked D250 much better even though according to specs D400 should be superior.
D250 will give you better control of the speaker, more air and dynamics.
Most important thing D250 brought to my system is very sweet sound , with D200 I started to regret that I purchased my d800 diamonds,  mostly because those diamond tweeters that were bright and harsh.
Now after upgrade im in heaven, highs are so sweet that I'm enjoying of so much more music , things that before I couldn't listen because of unpleasant and bright sound, I of course blamed it on record quality and my speakers.
I have to be honest and I'll say that D250 was not my only upgrade , I did upgrade DAC and speaker cables ,I chose Stealth audio Reverie which I really liked after my Neotech Sahara (as my dealer said: someone's entire level is other flagship )  and regarding DAC, I found that Linn Akurate DAC is better then Devialet internal DAC and sounds more analog and resolving.
I can share even more, couple of days ago I tried Luxman 700 pre and power (10000$ x2) in my setup , and I liked  Devialet more.