Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stillpoints
Anyone on here tried Stillpoints or other de-coupling devices in their systems?

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
I know that many users of Devialet D-Premier in my country used FINITE ELEMENTE CERAPUC.

http://s529860707.website-start.de/engli...erafamily/
I use Stillpoint Ultra SS's under my D200. The effect is pretty small, but it seems to reduce the noise floor. To be honest, I've read reviews and opinions of Stillpoints over the years and have never ever seen or read anything negative said about them, and usually enthusiastic endorsement. I feel like I've been pummelled into submission by all this positivity and this might have coloured my judgment.
I am using the Mapleshade support system: three brass feet, coupled to a substantial maple 2" board, supposed to absorb vibrations due to its high mass and low Q, and supported by rubber-cork isolation devices (Isoblocks)

Mapleshade Vibration control system

IMHO, it makes the 200 clearer across the whole frequency range. But there have been other tweaks with bigger effect in my case (moving from the stock power cord to a DIY, EMC-Eupen VMVB solid-core cable, for example).
Oslo: sources: Mac Mini/Itunes/Audirvana,  glassfiber toslink/Mapleshade clearview USB to D200;
Double helix to Gallo Strada 2 with mapleshade stands, TR3 subwoofer.

Spain: Oppo 95 vacuumstate modded, Kimber select 1021, Linn Classik Movie Di to Gallo Solos through Goertz Python cable

(29-Jul-2014, 20:04)Rufus McDufus Wrote: I use Stillpoint Ultra SS's under my D200. The effect is pretty small, but it seems to reduce the noise floor. To be honest, I've read reviews and opinions of Stillpoints over the years and have never ever seen or read anything negative said about them, and usually enthusiastic endorsement. I feel like I've been pummelled into submission by all this positivity and this might have coloured my judgment.

Hello

Are You still using Ultra SS under D200? I just tried them and sound seems better in every aspect. Low tones are more pounding and firm. There are more details in sound plus trebles seems more polished with less sibilances.
I'm actually currently using a loaner D200 while mine is at Devialet hopefully getting fixed ( or replaced) and I'm not using the Stillpoints as they do mark the undertray a little bit, but when I get mine back I'll definitely put it on the Stillpoints. I still have a bit of trouble hearing the improvements but I think it is better with them, and other people seem to think so too so I may as well use them!
Under the speakers the improvement is an significant improvement. See my sig for other details
D400, Martin Logan Summit X w Stillpoints Ultra SS isolation, Naim NDX Streamer, Clearaudio Concept TT w Stillpoints Ultra Mini isolation, Satisfy Tonearm & Maestro V2 MM cartridge, Entreq Silver Minimus w Eartha Atlantis ground, Stillpoints ESS Rack.
I have heard Stillpoints used under tube gear and it makes a ( in my opinion) an improvement. "Better definition" concludes my impression.

But I have been trying something really interesting under my D250 the last couple of days - the HRS Nimbus! The Nimbus chassies noise reduction is a design with two "proprietary HRS polymer " discs located on each side of an black anodized aluminum platform. They are available in three different heights depending on your equipment. There are no difference in performance between the different discs.

Two feets located close together under the center of the amplifier expanded the soundstage in all directions. On the top of that acoustic instruments sound (even) more natural in timbre and live recordings - man, you are there!

My strongest recommendation![Image: 5b89dfb571869e770d2c63dc123a36d6.jpg]

Skickat från min iPad med Tapatalk
- Proud Devialet owner since 2011!

Main system:
Devialet D250 Pro, Magico Q3 speakers, Shunyata Anaconda speaker cables, Shunyata Sigma HC power cable/Shunyata Cyklops V2 power conditioner/Shunyata Digital power cable, Shunyata DF-SS cable lifters, Jenving CAT8+ Ethernet cables, Auralic Aries Mini with SBoost power supply, Shunyata Venom USB.

Working at Akkelis Audio in Gothenburg, Sweden
I guess everyone will hear things differently. I used stillpoints under my previous amp, a Musical Fidelity M6 and it improved the detail I felt. It was not a significant improvement but enough for me to buy them. when I got my 200 I just could not hear any difference, so i sold them.
I think under the speakers is where they have most impact, but I never tried this
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Chord Qutest -- Niimbus US5 Pro Headphone amp —HifiMan HEK, Abyss 1266TC
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
When I tried Stillpoints Ultra Minis under my Devialet units last year I didn't think that they made enough of a difference to warrant spending £300 each or whatever it was...

A few months ago I heard the Ansuz Ceramic pucks at a demo in Sweden and I was utterly amazed by the transformation (as was the rest of the audience).

So I ordered some and they arrived this am.  Smile

In a word? Unbelievable. At first I wondered what had happened to the sound! It seemed quieter and I had to turn the volume up! It took me a while to take it all in. The music sounds more relaxed and natural, tonal textures are improved in their level of detail and are richer, this is really surprising as it almost feels as though the tonal balance of the system has changed. I'm almost struggling to find the right words to describe it as I hate all the usual hifi cliches. The system seems quieter, softer, deeper... overall it's a lot more refined. It sounds more like music which is a stupid thing to say but hopefully some of you will understand what I mean.  Rolleyes

I can't recommend these pucks enough. My top tweak of the year that's for sure. 

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK