Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
The Unsatisfied people's thread
(16-Sep-2019, 15:45)denis Wrote: Hi just one question while you have mentioned the sonos connect. How far out was the delay when the Phantom was processing the sound (without direct optical mode) on?

Hi,

I'm using Direct optical mode (so no latency problem) and a Sonos connect with an optical splitter, on a pair of Gold...
No Dialog needed...
Works like a charm !

Work even in sync with other Sonos speaker in my home, volume and simple EQ built-in with Sonos app (volume + mute button also on the connect) and could also use Spotify connect without the sonos app.

Not even a reboot in the last 6 month Smile

Only missing feature is Hires (no 24 bits or 96khz/192khz sampling from the Sonos connect).

Happy Smile

P.S: I always thought that Devialet should have sold Phantoms as amplified speaker, (and they are very good at it), nothing more...
You can also use Volumio with a Raspberry and a HAT with optical out.
It's working well over DLNA and optical with Hi-RES sources.
Please excuse my poor reputation
(17-Sep-2019, 13:10)frogster99 Wrote:
(16-Sep-2019, 15:45)denis Wrote: Hi just one question while you have mentioned the sonos connect. How far out was the delay when the Phantom was processing the sound (without direct optical mode) on?

Hi,

I'm using Direct optical mode (so no latency problem) and a Sonos connect with an optical splitter, on a pair of Gold...
No Dialog needed...
Works like a charm !

Work even in sync with other Sonos speaker in my home, volume and simple EQ built-in with Sonos app (volume + mute button also on the connect) and could also use Spotify connect without the sonos app.

Not even a reboot in the last 6 month Smile

Only missing feature is Hires (no 24 bits or 96khz/192khz sampling from the Sonos connect).

Happy Smile

P.S: I always thought that Devialet should have sold Phantoms as amplified speaker, (and they are very good at it), nothing more...

I think it's around 200ms or so (so not usable in a Sonos environnement if you plan to have other speakers nearby playing the same content), but no problem in direct optical even in the same room (Phantom and sonos speaker playing in the same room).