Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Version: Firmware 13.1.3 + DOS 2.2.4 Date: 2019-02-12
(04-Mar-2019, 09:36)IRSI Wrote:
(28-Feb-2019, 18:43)IRSI Wrote:
(28-Feb-2019, 16:39)G51 Wrote: Hello, it's too bad. But don't give up. Hope you still have time and patience to try this - turn 250 off, take out the SD card, turn on your 250 again and (if my memory serves me right, then it will) go to the factory mode. Then erase all the content in your SD card, format it (or use another SD card) again save the 12.3.0/2.2.2 to the card, put the card back into the 250 and turn it on and see if it could go back to ..../2.2.2. You may wish to unplug and plug again the power cord between the above steps to increase the chance that the 250 would forget the original setting (2.2.4) in it. It needs a little patience but it won't hurt, right!? Shy Shy Shy Shy Shy Shy

Hope this help! Good luck pal.
Hi!
No chance to downgrade DOS to 2.2.2! I have tried everything you wrote above for several times!

That's the answer from Devialet support: 

I confirmed that Downgrade is not available for DOS. For firmware, it can be downgraded to 13.0.0.
Please noted that we don't recommend to downgrade as we won't be able to provide any support on older software/DOS versions.

Have a nice day!

I have been a little critical to 13.1.3, dos 2.2.4,  but it seems that - contrary to earlier firmware - setting SAM off sounds better….at least for me. So I can live with it….until next firmware (sometime in the future….)

Video 
[attachment=3366 Wrote:kinver pid='82840' dateline='1551957785']
(04-Mar-2019, 09:36)IRSI Wrote:
(28-Feb-2019, 18:43)IRSI Wrote: Hi!
No chance to downgrade DOS to 2.2.2! I have tried everything you wrote above for several times!

That's the answer from Devialet support: 

I confirmed that Downgrade is not available for DOS. For firmware, it can be downgraded to 13.0.0.
Please noted that we don't recommend to downgrade as we won't be able to provide any support on older software/DOS versions.

Have a nice day!

I have been a little critical to 13.1.3, dos 2.2.4,  but it seems that - contrary to earlier firmware - setting SAM off sounds better….at least for me. So I can live with it….until next firmware (sometime in the future….)

I also have a 250 Pro CI, plus an Innuos Zen Mk3 Roon Core underneath it.

No problem loading the O/S, it worked first time and then packed up after a month. I used usb for a day and then sorted it using a switch. Basically, ethernet from router goes into the switch and the server and Devialet are also plugged into the switch. 

It works perfectly and faultlessly. I spoke to Devialet support and they told me that's the way to do it properly - it's called "star topology".

The switch is a Cisco 3560 - £50 from eBay - also about to connect it to the router using fibre optic.

The resulting Roon connections appear thus:

250 Pro CI; Innuos Zen Mk3; Claro dual turntable (Expert Stylus Denon + OL Aladdin Mk2); RCM Sensor2; Wilson Sabrina; OePhi speaker cables; Puritan PM156 conditioner and Ultimate cables.
Is that switch a gigabit ethernet switch or is a 10/100 mbps? I ask because many (me included) are unable to stream hi-res music via Roon RAAT to Expert Pro over a gigabit network. It results in dropouts and a Roon "Audio file loading slowly...' error from Roon. But, if you drop the network speed down to 10/100 mbps (I'm doing so by using a 10/100 mbps switch), then all works well.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
(02-Apr-2019, 13:25)mdconnelly Wrote: Is that switch a gigabit ethernet switch or is a 10/100 mbps?    I ask because many (me included) are unable to stream hi-res music via Roon RAAT to Expert Pro over a gigabit network.   It results in dropouts and a Roon "Audio file loading slowly...' error from Roon.   But, if you drop the network speed down to 10/100 mbps (I'm doing so by using a 10/100 mbps switch), then all works well.

I got the Roon "Audio file loading slowly...' error from Roon. 

According to Manson at Devialet, what you cannot do is have both your Dev and server plugged into the back of your router.

The unit I'm using is a Cisco Catalyst 3560 Poe-8 bought here
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CISCO-WS-C356...SwEXtcdlmg

The data sheet is here.
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/c...f3d7d.html

The cable from my router is plugged into the SFP 10/100/1000 RJ45 port and the Dev and server are plugged into 10/100 ports.
250 Pro CI; Innuos Zen Mk3; Claro dual turntable (Expert Stylus Denon + OL Aladdin Mk2); RCM Sensor2; Wilson Sabrina; OePhi speaker cables; Puritan PM156 conditioner and Ultimate cables.
"According to Manson at Devialet, what you cannot do is have both your Dev and server plugged into the back of your router."

What?   That doesn't make sense to me.  But I also tested by running my RoonServer PC into a gigabit switch and Devialet into the same switch.  Then ethernet from switch back to router.   Still got dropouts and the Roon error.   In my experience (and it appears from many others) gigabit ethernet into an Expert Pro will result in dropouts and errors when using Roon RAAT and hi-res audio.

But the following does work:

1) Roonserver PC reset to 10/100 mpbs to router, router to Devialet  (i.e. forces a 10/100 mbps network run to Devialet)
2) Roonserver PC (at gigabit speed) to router, router to 10/100 mbps switch, switch to Devialet.

The Cisco switch you're using appears to be a 10/100 mbps switch is likely the reason you're not currently seeing the dropouts and errors.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Durham, NC USA
(02-Apr-2019, 15:11)mdconnelly Wrote: "According to Manson at Devialet, what you cannot do is have both your Dev and server plugged into the back of your router."

What?   That doesn't make sense to me.  But I also tested by running my RoonServer PC into a gigabit switch and Devialet into the same switch.  Then ethernet from switch back to router.   Still got dropouts and the Roon error.   In my experience (and it appears from many others) gigabit ethernet into an Expert Pro will result in dropouts and errors when using Roon RAAT and hi-res audio.

But the following does work:

1) Roonserver PC reset to 10/100 mpbs to router, router to Devialet  (i.e. forces a 10/100 mbps network run to Devialet)
2) Roonserver PC (at gigabit speed) to router, router to 10/100 mbps switch, switch to Devialet.

The Cisco switch you're using appears to be a 10/100 mbps switch is likely the reason you're not currently seeing the dropouts and errors.

Hi folks

How does one check the actual connection speed ?

I use an Apple Airport Extreme as a hub, with the ROCK going into that via cable, and the Devialet coming out, also via cable. No other switches in the path There are other switches in the system, but they too are all Gigabit. My assumption has always been that this is a gigabit network, but happily I have never experienced the issue.
NUC i5/ROCK/Roon Lifetime =>  Original d'Atelier CoreInfinity #066 => Transparent MusicWave+ =>Wilson Sophia 3

I've got a couple of these standard Netgear switches at home. The lights tell you the speed. I'll put it in and see if it works.
I tried two switches, a refurbished Cisco 3560 8-port and a Netgear GS105. Both work perfectly streaming Qobuz at 24/192, not a glitch.

The white cable is from the ASUS RT-N66u pictured, which is wired with standard CAT5 to a Sky modem 30m away. The other two cables are from Devialet 250 Pro CI and Innuos server. 

The SD cards I use, never have any problem, are Sandisk 8mb - here:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/SanDisk-Standar...ers&sr=1-2

I can't quite tell based on the Netgear lights in your pic, but it sure looks like both lights are lit on each connection meaning you're running at gigabit speed.

So I'm totally out of ideas... why are some able to stream Roon RAAT to Expert Pro at gigabit speed and others not. Perhaps it is somehow related to the router or some router settings that aren't exposed in all routers. Still hoping Roon comes up with an answer (or Devialet a fix).

(this stuff can drive you crazy... what if the 250 doesn't exhibit the problem but other Expert Pros do?)
Durham, NC USA
(02-Apr-2019, 22:35)mdconnelly Wrote: I can't quite tell based on the Netgear lights in your pic, but it sure looks like both lights are lit on each connection meaning you're running at gigabit speed.

So I'm totally out of ideas... why are some able to stream Roon RAAT to Expert Pro at gigabit speed and others not.   Perhaps it is somehow related to the router or some router settings that aren't exposed in all routers.   Still hoping Roon comes up with an answer (or Devialet a fix).

(this stuff can drive you crazy... what if the 250 doesn't exhibit the problem but other Expert Pros do?)

All Expert Pro CI have the same streaming hardware and O/S, so it can't be that.

The Netgear switch is 10/100
https://www.netgear.co.uk/business/produ...-techspecs

The Cisco switch is 
8 x 10/100 PoE ports and 1 dual-purpose port (one 10/100/1000BASE-T copper port and one SFP module slot)
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/sw...560hig.pdf

So both the switches I used were connecting to the Devialet and Innuos via 10/100 ports.