Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DOS2 - Impressions?
(03-Feb-2020, 20:08)njaiswal Wrote:
(03-Feb-2020, 19:57)msg Wrote:
(03-Feb-2020, 19:47)msg Wrote: All devices are v. 2.8.5

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Forgot to thank you for commenting, streamy. Also, I thought some of the instability might have arisen from switching between inputs (dialog airplay and optical in the initial setup and the optical inputs of the two phantoms in the phantom only setup). So I bought an audio mixer and feed the sources into that and take the output from that and feed it into the dialog optical input. That way I can use either of my sources without changing inputs in the devialet system with the app; all sources are fed through the mixer into the dialog optical input. It’s still early, but that seems to be a bit more stable, but overnight something happened and I needed to use the app to reselect the dialog optical input and reset the volume. :-(  I want to be able to set and forget the devialet system.

I experienced this exact behavior and it was driving me crazy (mostly from complaints from the rest of the family).  Unfortunately, I need to migrate to an optical direct mode configuration to make the Phantoms operate in a set and forget it mode.  The reason I say unfortunate is that I needed to keep my AV receiver to manage volume and source control which didn't allow me to simplify my configuration as much as I wanted to...

Ha! I have the same family situation! That was the other reason I got the mixer. Not only was I hoping to avoid instability, I was hoping to avoid the family complaints about having to switch inputs when going from one source to another.

I have 2nd gen whites (2015, w/ bluetooth, 750w originally and no airplay) and bought pair and dialog then together. Experience past years was more or less OK, some drop-outs when streaming (I used always PLC), but nothing major. Sometimes had to restart, but thats OK.
Converted to DOS2 late (2 weeks ago) and to my surprise all devices received 2.8.5 right away. Scrapped dialog and wired both Phantoms to switch. So far so good. Streaming w/ UPnP (using Linn Kazoo on my iPhone) has been playing w/o any dropouts so far. Even full days. Just some things to note:

- Like previous poster, experienced some issues switching between UPnP and Optical today. Could not attach to optical always. Had to restart my Left (where optical attached).
- Can not control volume from UPnP controller (Like Kazoo) when optical is playing. On DOS1 I had synced volume control in Spark and any UPnP app.
- Due I have BubbleUPnPServer installed on my music server I have 2 renderers LivingRoom and LivingRoom (OpenHome). This creates confusion. I know, it is not Devialet issue, but how can I hide just LivingRoom from UPnP apps ?
(03-Feb-2020, 20:15)suur13 Wrote: I have 2nd gen whites (2015, w/ bluetooth, 750w originally and no airplay) and bought pair and dialog then together. Experience past years was more or less OK, some drop-outs when streaming (I used always PLC), but nothing major. Sometimes had to restart, but thats OK.
Converted to DOS2 late (2 weeks ago) and to my surprise all devices received 2.8.5 right away. Scrapped dialog and wired both Phantoms to switch. So far so good. Streaming w/ UPnP (using Linn Kazoo on my iPhone) has been playing w/o any dropouts so far. Even full days. Just some things to note:

- Like previous poster, experienced some issues switching between UPnP and Optical today. Could not attach to optical always. Had to restart my Left (where optical attached).
- Can not control volume from UPnP controller (Like Kazoo) when optical is playing. On DOS1 I had synced volume control in Spark and any UPnP app.
- Due I have BubbleUPnPServer installed on my music server I have 2 renderers LivingRoom and LivingRoom (OpenHome). This creates confusion. I know, it is not Devialet issue, but how can I hide just LivingRoom from UPnP apps ?

Trouble switching inputs and the need to restart a speaker is merely frustrating for those of us in the forum but entirely unacceptable to our families. :-)

2.9.0 / [Image: c7eebe546263b5fb954b1cc85ffd2b26.jpg]Hey I just had same problem that both my speakers was running in different software and I just call Devialet in Germany. I must say I was surprise somebody instantly pick up phone and ask me for my email where I should write back my serial numbers so technicians that come to work on Monday will have a look on it. I just check my email and I got this answer:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
2.9.0 working so far :$
[Image: ab9a93d3229b21314ed3041ceec3d691.jpg]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Updated to 2.9.0. A bit of a hassle. Update was successful, but the right speaker wouldn’t play, even though it appeared in and responded to the app. Power cycled the whole system. App couldn’t find the right speaker. Added it as a new speaker, paired it with my other for stereo, and now is working. It’s been a few hours and the input and volume haven’t changed. Fingers crossed.

(04-Feb-2020, 19:51)msg Wrote: Updated to 2.9.0. A bit of a hassle. Update was successful, but the right speaker wouldn’t play, even though it appeared in and responded to the app. Power cycled the whole system. App couldn’t find the right speaker. Added it as a new speaker, paired it with my other for stereo, and now is working. It’s been a few hours and the input and volume haven’t changed. Fingers crossed.

And after about 5-6 hours without using the system, the volume reset itself to 35. :-( So far the input has remained stable.

(05-Feb-2020, 00:45)msg Wrote:
(04-Feb-2020, 19:51)msg Wrote: Updated to 2.9.0. A bit of a hassle. Update was successful, but the right speaker wouldn’t play, even though it appeared in and responded to the app. Power cycled the whole system. App couldn’t find the right speaker. Added it as a new speaker, paired it with my other for stereo, and now is working. It’s been a few hours and the input and volume haven’t changed. Fingers crossed.

And after about 5-6 hours without using the system, the volume reset itself to 35. :-(  So far the input has remained stable.

Switch to optical direct mode... and use a traditional receiver/streamer (sonos, bluesound) to control volume.  That will solve your problem.
6 x Phantom Gold, 3 x Phantom Silver, 2 x Phantom Classic, 9 x Phantom Reactor 900, Symetrix Radius AEC-2, 2 x JBL Synthesis SDP-55, Dante
Is direct optical mode available in DOS2 as yet?
First generation Phantom are not compatible with DOS 2 . The only way to benefit from DOS 2 is to pay 790 euros or 1490 euros to get a new hardware . After waiting so long with the buggy Spark software, Devialet abandons its first customers. Very bad experience  !!!