Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Firmware 12.3.0 + DOS 2.2.2
Thanks for the tip, I’ll do exactly that.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(17-Jun-2018, 09:59)Hifi_swlon Wrote: Thanks for the tip, I’ll do exactly that.

Let us know how it goes, and I might finally be brave enough to send back my O d’A. I’m not that fussed about the CI but I’ve been waiting almost 2 years for the Pro upgrade, which seems to have been universally applauded. 

Good luck.
NUC i5/ROCK/Roon Lifetime =>  Original d'Atelier CoreInfinity #066 => Transparent MusicWave+ =>Wilson Sophia 3
(16-Jun-2018, 19:30)ogs Wrote:
(16-Jun-2018, 16:22)Dannythered Wrote: ...just noticed that the dB symbol is flashing red now and again, what’s that all about? Listening via Roon/AIR, level -29.0dB

That might be an indication of digital 'overs' i.e. clipping on the input to your amplifier.  For checking, enable Headroom Management  for the Roon/AIR zone. Set Headroom Adjustment (dB) to 0 (zero) and enable Show Clipping Indicator. If Roon now indicates clipping simultaneous with the dB symbol in the amp you are seeing digital clipping.
Are you using any other DSP functions in Roon? EQ or Convolution? Upsampling maybe?
Many thanks for that, not running any DSP etc, reducing headroom management to -3dB sorted it but as it was so fast & transient the clipping indicator didn’t show it, interestingly I am only seeing the issue with Around the world by Daft Punk from the album Homework
Mac mini -> Roon ->Devialet expert pro 1000 via Roon Air Ethernet, Chord Signature Digital Tuned Array, Clearaudio Champion Level 2, Dynavector DV-20X2L, Focal Sopra 2, Transparent Musicwave super speaker cables.
Several Daft Punk albums clip on Roon even with the -9db headroom I use. I fact, if ever I want to test clipping I use one if theirs. Random Acess Memories clips like hell on certain tracks. So I wouldn’t worry too much. Shows you how little headroom they leave.

I only really look in Roon though, think I’ve only ever seen the Devialet clip come on once.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(17-Jun-2018, 00:31)Hifi_swlon Wrote: Is there any info / release notes about the latest? I didn’t see anything in the Core Infinity Log, perhaps that’s been abandoned.

I actually ordered the CI upgrade tonight, but then started getting cold feet and wondered whether I’ll actually ship it. I’d be really upset if I got stuck with something not working properly- seems unlikely if all I’m using is aes (and testing airplay/Spotify), but...

The release notes are included in the download. I posted a link in #48.
Roon -> AIR -> Ethernet ->  D220-> KEF Reference 3
(17-Jun-2018, 15:27)Dannythered Wrote:
(16-Jun-2018, 19:30)ogs Wrote:
(16-Jun-2018, 16:22)Dannythered Wrote: ...just noticed that the dB symbol is flashing red now and again, what’s that all about? Listening via Roon/AIR, level -29.0dB

That might be an indication of digital 'overs' i.e. clipping on the input to your amplifier.  For checking, enable Headroom Management  for the Roon/AIR zone. Set Headroom Adjustment (dB) to 0 (zero) and enable Show Clipping Indicator. If Roon now indicates clipping simultaneous with the dB symbol in the amp you are seeing digital clipping.
Are you using any other DSP functions in Roon? EQ or Convolution? Upsampling maybe?
Many thanks for that, not running any DSP etc, reducing headroom management to -3dB sorted it but as it was so fast & transient the clipping indicator didn’t show it, interestingly I am only seeing the issue with Around the world by Daft Punk from the album Homework

The only track I see clipping on is 'Iemanja' from Melody Gardot's 'The Absence'. This is with Convolution and PEQ in Roon's DSP. There are some bass drum sounds that clips at the end of the song. I don't have any Daft Punk in my collection.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
Are you aware of any issues with control over RS232 after the upgrade? I use it extensively and do not want to upgrade if it breaks my setup.
Devialet 1000s, Belcanto 600Ms, Vivid Audio Giya G3, C1, V1w and sub, Trinnov AL16, QNAP TVS-471 NAS, Oppo 203, Siltech, Crystal Cable, Synergistic Research
(14-Jun-2018, 05:26)AllenB Wrote:
(14-Jun-2018, 03:42)agentsmith Wrote:
(10-Jun-2018, 15:46)K4680 Wrote: FW 12.3.0 installed. Without problems, according to txt some errors are eliminated. Well, it works! Rolleyes
Config, now possible via browser!

Are you saying that I can now change configuration remotely via ethernet without pulling out that SD card?

That is what I have been wishing for.  

I cannot seem to find it via the online configurator, could you tell us where you found that option?

Find out the IP address of your Dev on your local network, then type this IP into your browser window

Just tried but found out that my enthusiasm was unfounded.  Turned our you could do only rudimentary stuff like setting up device name and WiFi.

My wish has always been "over the air" update of configuration instead of pulling the SD card in and out of the shiny Devialet box and reset every time even for minor configuration changes.  Also ability to change any settings in real time like SAM levels, bass/treble and Phono settings etc via a browser would be so useful.

Given that the OS is accessible thru HTTP, I am sure all those features can easily be implemented.  Devialet is ignoring one of the potentially killer features that differentiates itself with most other devices around.
Kondo Overture PM-2i, Weiss DAC502, LP12 Haben, Aro, Keel, Radikal, Urika, EMT JSD6, Phasemation PP-300/T-300, Linn Krystal, Penaudio Serenade Signature

Kondo Operia SPs 2.7, KSL-VzII, Acz-Avocado, etc.

Yuh, in 2018 this is how things should be. SD cards are a bit 2000, even for firmware updates. But for device configs an intranet type gui is a must.

I’m guessing they intended to have it and it’s just not finished - otherwise why have the feature and have it enabled? It’s just the usual chaotic development, but hopefully they’ll move onto it once they’ve fixed everything else that left to cleanup.

There should really be no need for an indirect confgurator now. It would also be better as by and large the unit would be much more resistant to say Devialet going under if everything were configurable locally. Even if it got old and had out of date firmware, at least you’d be able to adjust config settings without Devialet being alive.

I believe they did post on the infinity log at some point that users shouldn’t use the web gui yet.

I've just spent the afternoon loading new FW and reloading configuration from scratch. I couldn't get
Spotify to work, which was flawless on the previous FW. In addition to Spotify not working, I was hearing a 
good deal of crackling noise from my speakers , and I had lost the use of the remote APP.

In a previous response, someone suggested turing off WIFI in the configurator, which I did. I'm now happy to 
report that this has cured all my issues, and everything is working fine.

I genuinely feel for anyone who has bought a Devialet who is not somewhat "Au Fait" with software based 
operating systems.