Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Focus Fidelity Filter Designer
Great to hear! Seems even with a quick approach Focus Fidelity Designer is able to provide a considerable improvement.
(09-Jan-2022, 18:44)RayMo Wrote: First tests done Smile Even though I don't understand all the settings yet, I got quite good results already. Now listening track by track with a smile in my face. More clear articulation, better soundstage, more easy to listen to. I must have got some frequencies played too loud because of my room response. Setting and testing the target curve again is a fast process -at least compared to Sweet Room. (I am using Roon in a nuc.)

I did the room measurement with the laptop (easy to carry to a different room), and did the filter design in my daw workstation. First, I installed the Impala too old/cheap laptop. Impala installed ok, but did not start at all - no error messages were shown. With the quick help of Focus Fidelity, the reason was found. My laptop's cpu was missing AVX instruction set. So, I needed to use better laptop. After that, everything went smoothly Smile

The AVX instruction set issue has caught a few people out running really old PCs (2nd generation intel core or older) or low power ones such as Celeron N4200 etc. All the software manuals have been updated to include this in the troubleshooting section.
(28-Dec-2021, 22:27)Focus Fidelity Wrote: The only high res photos of the CI board I can find show an ADSP-21488 400MHz processor which is pretty much the same part used here https://www.minidsp.com/products/minidsp...4-x-out-hd

I believe the CI board is more or less a Linux computer so it might be able to run a proper convolver separate from the DSP chips. In that case 65k taps should not be impossible. Would require some serious code re-writing!
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
(07-Feb-2022, 19:30)ogs Wrote:
(28-Dec-2021, 22:27)Focus Fidelity Wrote: The only high res photos of the CI board I can find show an ADSP-21488 400MHz processor which is pretty much the same part used here https://www.minidsp.com/products/minidsp...4-x-out-hd

I believe the CI board is more or less a Linux computer so it might be able to run a proper convolver separate from the DSP chips. In that case 65k taps should not be impossible. Would require some serious code re-writing!

Yes, the CI board is based on an NXP i.MX6 quad-core ARM Cortex-A9 processor, running at 1 GHz if I remember correctly. It almost certainly has the NEON SIMD and VFP v3 instruction set additions which might perhaps be used to accelerate DSP?
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
There is a new version available of the free measurement tool and Focus Fidelity Designer Software! 1.8.0
I setup a new notebook and just wanted to run a measurement via Impala. But in the Audio Hardware Setup for the output device there is just the internal sound card available - and not the Devialet AIR.
Shouldn’t this be the case?
What about USB into your amplifier?
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
Ya David from FFD just also replied it should be done this way.
So will get it setup this way and report back here if interested.
FFD is very interesting so yes, please report your findings Smile
Devialetless!
@markush - I am a little late here, but just to say that I had exactly the same issue with Impala that you have encountered. That is I wanted to use AIR, or maybe streaming via my Zen Stream, but this does not seem to be possible with Impala.

The good news is that tried the simple approach of using USB as recommended by David, and this worked flawlessly.

And yes, please let us know how you found Impala, it is always interesting to get the view of another user.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12