Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
How to get solid stereo
(07-Jun-2019, 12:14)raph972 Wrote: @WesCrackin I know that for sure because I wrote the code that handles that.
@booshtukka yes, no need for a router any regular Ethernet cable connected directly to each Reactor will do

That's great to hear. Makes it really strange that D doesn't mention this as it is probably much easier for many people than to connect both to a router.. So for stability, would you recommend directly connecting the 2 vs both to router or are both good options?
D200. B&W CM10S2. ROON over AIR for Tidal. Chromecast Audio thru SPDIF for Spotify Connect. Technics SL-1200, Ortofon 2M Bronze. 2x Reactor 600 as desktop monitors. Head/earphones: Denon AH-D5000, Campfire Andromeda S.
@raph972 How do you know it’s using ethernet for certain and that it’s working?
Has anyone had success with a direct cable? I tried with a cat-5 and cat-6 and failed. I only heard audio from the Reactor connected via optical. Once I put the network switch back into the circuit it worked correctly. I did try powering off and recreating the stereo pai without success.
(11-Jun-2019, 06:12)fgleason Wrote: Has anyone had success with a direct cable? I tried with a cat-5 and cat-6 and failed. I only heard audio from the Reactor connected via optical. Once I put the network switch back into the circuit it worked correctly. I did try powering off and recreating the stereo pai without success.

The direct cable connection only works when the initial setup was made over Wi-Fi. If you can connect both speakers to your router that's by far the best possible solution.
Thank you for the clarification, and for being on the forum providing help.
(11-Jun-2019, 06:12)fgleason Wrote: Has anyone had success with a direct cable? I tried with a cat-5 and cat-6 and failed. I only heard audio from the Reactor connected via optical. Once I put the network switch back into the circuit it worked correctly. I did try powering off and recreating the stereo pai without success.
My 2 900s are connected directly through an Ethernet cable (no router involved) and it works great. Right after I did the setup only one speaker produced sound. A random power outage restarted the whole system and the stereo setup works perfectly now.
(04-Dec-2019, 04:37)Dreuther Wrote:
My 2 900s are connected directly through an Ethernet cable (no router involved) and it works great. Right after I did the setup only one speaker produced sound. A random power outage restarted the whole system and the stereo setup works perfectly now.

For how long has this worked reliably for you?  I have 2x 900w in a stereo pair, connected via ethernet which work most of the time with Spotify, but I have to power cycle both speakers every ~48 hours if I want to use either of the aux-in sources in stero, otherwise they only work out of 1 speaker.

I have had a support ticket open with Devialet and now have a direct contact name/number, although so far the extent of the advice offered is to turn the off and on again!  12 months in, I'm now considering returning all my Reactors.
Hello All,
Thank you for all the advice you give. Now I tried to update the firmware for all my 6 devialet speakers, and got an error message from one of the reactors, everything works out fine except I cant pair that speaker with another to get stereo. Is the any way you can reflash the firmware? I can´t find anything?

//Fredrik
(15-Dec-2019, 17:00)kg.fredrik.klein Wrote: Is the any way you can reflash the firmware? I can´t find anything?

I believe there is, using the http interface.  However you will need to raise a support ticket as the firmware files are not publicly available.
Got my two new 600s. 

Dodgy

Now my issue is that any stereo pairing results in the right speaker not playing any sound. I've tried to 
  • switch channels in the Devialet App
  • block L/R channels via Roon DSP
  • use native iOS AirPlay to the pair
  • resetting both Reactors (thrice by now)
  • restarting my router
  • using Bluetooth (same issue!)
  • play individually to both speakers via AirPlay when not paired, which works fine
  • switching the preferred network connection from WiFi to PLC to Auto
  • make sure both devices are up to date (2.8.0 shows as the latest)
  • a different power outlet.
My home wifi is a rock-solid AC-setup and the router is 3 meters away from the Reactors. Considering a Bluetooth connection leads to the same problem I would assume this is not network-related at all.

What I do now is play to both speakers grouped via Roon + AirPlay while muting the unnecessary channel, respectively, via DSP. This will be my personal solution until this issue has been fixed. I've reached out to Devialet support, curious what they will have to say  Sleepy
Devialet Phantom Gold Duo | Devialet Phantom Reactor 600 Duo | 2x New Devialet Remote | 4x HiFiBerry RAAT endpoints & low-cost passive speakers — Roon Lifetime