Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
How to get solid stereo
(07-Jun-2019, 12:14)raph972 Wrote: @WesCrackin I know that for sure because I wrote the code that handles that.
@booshtukka yes, no need for a router any regular Ethernet cable connected directly to each Reactor will do

That's great to hear. Makes it really strange that D doesn't mention this as it is probably much easier for many people than to connect both to a router.. So for stability, would you recommend directly connecting the 2 vs both to router or are both good options?
D200. B&W CM10S2. ROON over AIR for Tidal. Chromecast Audio thru SPDIF for Spotify Connect. Technics SL-1200, Ortofon 2M Bronze. Head/earphones: Denon AH-D5000, Campfire Andromeda S.
@raph972 How do you know it’s using ethernet for certain and that it’s working?
Has anyone had success with a direct cable? I tried with a cat-5 and cat-6 and failed. I only heard audio from the Reactor connected via optical. Once I put the network switch back into the circuit it worked correctly. I did try powering off and recreating the stereo pai without success.
(11-Jun-2019, 06:12)fgleason Wrote: Has anyone had success with a direct cable? I tried with a cat-5 and cat-6 and failed. I only heard audio from the Reactor connected via optical. Once I put the network switch back into the circuit it worked correctly. I did try powering off and recreating the stereo pai without success.

The direct cable connection only works when the initial setup was made over Wi-Fi. If you can connect both speakers to your router that's by far the best possible solution.
Thank you for the clarification, and for being on the forum providing help.