Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
IsoAcoustics OREA isolation footers
for canadians today only, AudioW3's has an amazon store and ebates is doing 8% cashback
Audioquest NRG-10 -> Bryston Bit15 (Torus RM15) on Finite Elemete Cereball
Crystal Cable Standard -> Aurender N100h on Finite Elemete Cereball -> Audioquest Diamond USB
Audioquest Tornado -> Devialet 120 on Isoacoustics orea bronze -> Crystal Cable Micro Speaker Cable -> Focal Micro Utopia Be
Solid Tech ROS Rack
Bronze above, Indigo below

Just a follow up to my earlier posts concerning the Orea footers. As per the photos above, I now have two sets, one below the stacked D's and the second between. The general improvement in musical definition, bass articulation (this is the most noticeable improvement) and clarity is evident. A highly recommended and relatively inexpensive upgrade.

It is still surprising to me that these engineered isolators would offer so obvious an improvement to a stereo product housed in a solid milled aluminum case...who would have thought it possible? The IsoAcoustic products are fairly priced, well engineered and, happily, not plagued by the often obscene pricing in the Audiophile world. Now hoping to audition their Titan speaker footers. They have just released a series for heavier models such as the Magico Q3 and other larger pieces.

Give them a listen, if you have the opportunity!
(17-Jan-2019, 16:24)Wdw Wrote: Just a follow up to my earlier posts concerning the Orea footers.  As per the photos above, I now have two sets, one below the stacked D's and the second between.  The general improvement in musical definition, bass articulation (this is the most noticeable improvement) and clarity is evident.  A highly recommended and relatively inexpensive upgrade.

Give them a listen, if you have the opportunity!

I purchased a set of 3 Bronze and are using them on one of my 220PRO (preamp only)
and I have to agree with all the comments above.

Brian
Vinnie Rossi L2iSE integrated amp, VPI Classic TurnTable c/w Transfiguration Phoenix Cart, 
Auralic Aries G2, Audience Front Row USB cable, B&W 803D3 (black) Audience Front Row Bi wire speaker cables, 
6 x OREA Bronze Footers.
                                                                 Ottawa, Canada.                                                                                      

I kind of get how minimising vibrations in the source, amp & speakers may effect the sound, but I saw in hifipig magazine the reviewer put them under his power conditioner. Does doing that make sense to anybody?
ex-Expert 210 Pro 
(28-Jan-2019, 19:41)anan Wrote: I kind of get how minimising vibrations in the source, amp & speakers may effect the sound, but I saw in hifipig magazine the reviewer put them under his power conditioner. Does doing that make sense to anybody?

Yes, it makes sense to me.

Take a look at the Shunyata Denali range. They offer 2 versions of the Denali 6000, the 6000T and the 6000S. The 6000T comes with a different base to the 6000S (it's also in vertical rather than horizontal orientation) with vibration absorbing feet for placement directly on the floor. The cheaper 6000S is identical internally but lacks the vibration absorbing feet and they say it is intended for those who have a shelf or support which already provides vibration isolation.

I used to use an  Isotek conditioner which I placed on a vibration absorbing amp stand which gave me an improvement in sound quality over placing it on the floor. I've since replaced the Isotek with a PS Audio P12 which sits on the amp stand I previously used with the Isotek. I don't know if it makes a difference with the PS12 because I haven't made a comparison. Removing the Isotek freed up the amp stand and I simply placed the PS12 on the stand because I had it and didn't need it for anything else but I can say from comparisons I made with the Isotek that vibration control under some power conditioners is beneficial.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia
(28-Jan-2019, 20:32)David A Wrote:
(28-Jan-2019, 19:41)anan Wrote: I kind of get how minimising vibrations in the source, amp & speakers may effect the sound, but I saw in hifipig magazine the reviewer put them under his power conditioner. Does doing that make sense to anybody?

Yes, it makes sense to me.

Take a look at the Shunyata Denali range. They offer 2 versions of the Denali 6000, the 6000T and the 6000S. The 6000T comes with a different base to the 6000S (it's also in vertical rather than horizontal orientation) with vibration absorbing feet for placement directly on the floor. The cheaper 6000S is identical internally but lacks the vibration absorbing feet and they say it is intended for those who have a shelf or support which already provides vibration isolation.

I used to use an  Isotek conditioner which I placed on a vibration absorbing amp stand which gave me an improvement in sound quality over placing it on the floor. I've since replaced the Isotek with a PS Audio P12 which sits on the amp stand I previously used with the Isotek. I don't know if it makes a difference with the PS12 because I haven't made a comparison. Removing the Isotek freed up the amp stand and I simply placed the PS12 on the stand because I had it and didn't need it for anything else but I can say from comparisons I made with the Isotek that vibration control under some power conditioners is beneficial.

Thanks David. Looks like I have some experimenting to do... I wont be buy more isolators though. Kit will be going through a rotation system. Change things around with each season.
ex-Expert 210 Pro 
Some light reading per the link below. This paper explains why products that use crystal oscillators are sensitive to vibration, and in a way that is conceivably bad for audio. I believe that Devialet use crystal oscillators, but I have no idea what type. Does anyone know? Anyway, this does provide some insight as to why Devialet amps might benefit from isolation. A while ago I read an article about isolating GPS control systems from vibration in guided missiles, this explained very similar issues per the link attached.

https://tf.nist.gov/general/pdf/2328.pdf
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
IsoAcoustics OREA Bronze are in the house! Just got 2 sets of three for each of my 220 Pros (e.g. 440 Pro). I have them setup separately so I put 3 OREAs under each - one in front and two in rear. I don't want to exaggerate what I hear, but to my ears and in my system, the difference (improvement) was pretty obvious with the first track I listened to. Better clarity and bigger soundstage. More air between instruments and voices. While this is not night and day difference, it is a very nice improvement. What surprised the most was the improvement in top-end clarity and harmonic decay. The extended shimmer of cymbals, decay of plucked strings or taps on triangles... was quite noticeable and unexpected.

Prior to using the OREAs, I had my Expert Pros sitting on slabs of granite which sit on top of a Salamander cabinet. The OREAs now sit between granite and Expert Pros.

I ordered these thru The Cable Company in the US which offered a 30 day return if they I didn't like them. After just a few days, I'm certain they aren't going back!

So now I'm contemplating the GAIA II speaker feet. About twice as pricey but still.... (damn, got that itch again ;-)
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
(02-Feb-2019, 20:34)mdconnelly Wrote: IsoAcoustics OREA Bronze are in the house!   Just got 2 sets of three for each of my 220 Pros (e.g. 440 Pro).   I have them setup separately so I put 3 OREAs under each - one in front and two in rear.   I don't want to exaggerate what I hear, but to my ears and in my system, the difference (improvement) was pretty obvious with the first track I listened to.   Better clarity and bigger soundstage.   More air between instruments and voices.  While this is not night and day difference, it is a very nice improvement.    What surprised the most was the improvement in top-end clarity and harmonic decay.   The extended shimmer of cymbals, decay of plucked strings or taps on triangles... was quite noticeable and unexpected.  

Prior to using the OREAs, I had my Expert Pros sitting on slabs of granite which sit on top of a Salamander cabinet.   The OREAs now sit between granite and Expert Pros.

I ordered these thru The Cable Company in the US which offered a 30 day return if they I didn't like them.    After just a few days, I'm certain they aren't going back!

So now I'm contemplating the GAIA II speaker feet.   About twice as pricey but still.... (damn, got that itch again ;-)

Glad to hear your report.  Your experience closely resembles ours.  Within a few bars of the first "test" song that are inclined to use for A/B comparisons we each looked at other in disbelief.....the separation was so evident and we also noticed a tightening of the bass articulation.  Quite an amazing improvement for very little dough.