Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
List Your Speakers and Devialet Model Here
(21-Jul-2018, 01:54)Rocketmannequin Wrote:
(21-Jul-2018, 01:08)Will Wrote:
(21-Jul-2018, 00:18)Rocketmannequin Wrote: Devialet Expert Pro 220 CI
B&W 804 D3
Siltech Explorer speaker cables

I am only hanging on by my nails to the entry level of audiophilia, so no dual mono for me.  Most components are near entry level in their classes, but entry nonetheless!

Welcome to the forum.

I also have the 220 CI with the B&W 804. I found loading the SAM profile for the speakers is worth doing, if you have not already done it.

Thanks, Will. Yes, I have the SAM profile loaded. What % do you set it at?  I’m at 75% though I can’t profess to tell the difference with 100%!  Also, the 220 and 804 D3 combination is Devialet’s refererence presentation in their New York SoHo store.
I just leave it at 100%  I haven’t bothered trying different settings.  

My combination was recommended by my local HiFi store.  Initially (due to budget constraints) I went with what was then the 120 with my current speakers, but I took advantage of the Devialet upgrade program.  The upgrade to 220 was, as you might expect, very noticeable.  Overall, I am very happy with my current set up - now that a range of problems with streaming have been resolved.
My first step on the devialet ladder:-
Acoustic Energy Reference 1 (with SAM on)>TWL American >Devialet 140 Pro

Waiting to hear if anyone has gone dual mono with the 140s...
ex-Expert 210 Pro 
D440 Pro CI - Sonus Faber Olympica I
(18-Jul-2018, 12:06)Meant to write ....when the Mrs isn’t looking BGrantham Wrote: 440 with Dynaudio Confidence C4’s.  very very happy with the sql.  Unfortunately automatic volume increase has me concerned
i have Dynaudio Focus 380’s in my upstairs second lounge driven by audiolab M400 mono blocs and Dynaudio Contour 1.4LE’s in my bedroom driven by Anthem integrated- will upgrade amp when the Mrs is looking
Meant write .... when the Mrs isn’t looking
(21-Jul-2018, 19:20)BGrantham Wrote:
(18-Jul-2018, 12:06)Meant to write ....when the Mrs isn’t looking BGrantham Wrote: 440 with Dynaudio Confidence C4’s.  very very happy with the sql.  Unfortunately automatic volume increase has me concerned
i have Dynaudio Focus 380’s in my upstairs second lounge driven by audiolab M400 mono blocs and Dynaudio Contour 1.4LE’s in my bedroom driven by Anthem integrated- will upgrade amp when the Mrs is looking
Meant write .... when the Mrs isn’t looking

Is, isn’t. Would, wouldn’t. Easy mistake to make ?
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(21-Jul-2018, 06:42)Will Wrote:
(21-Jul-2018, 01:54)Rocketmannequin Wrote:
(21-Jul-2018, 01:08)Will Wrote: Welcome to the forum.

I also have the 220 CI with the B&W 804. I found loading the SAM profile for the speakers is worth doing, if you have not already done it.

Thanks, Will. Yes, I have the SAM profile loaded. What % do you set it at?  I’m at 75% though I can’t profess to be able to tell the difference with 100%!  Also, the 220 and 804 D3 combination is Devialet’s refererence presentation in their New York SoHo store.

My combination was recommended by my local HiFi store.  Initially (due to budget constraints) I went with what was then the 120 with my current speakers, but I took advantage of the Devialet upgrade program.  The upgrade to 220 was, as you might expect, very noticeable.  Overall, I am very happy with my current set up - now that a range of problems with streaming have been resolved.
Yep, my initial budget constraints also led me to buy a discounted 120 demo unit, which I could consequently upgraded to the 220 CI.
220 Pro CI - B&W 804 D3  - B&W DB3D - Siltech Explorer - Mac Mini (2018/SSD) - AudioQuest Pearl USB & Ethernet - Sennheiser HDV 820 & HD-800S - Roon (Lifetime) - Tidal HiFi
New York, NY
(22-Jul-2018, 00:09)Rocketmannequin Wrote:
(21-Jul-2018, 06:42)Will Wrote:
(21-Jul-2018, 01:54)Rocketmannequin Wrote: Thanks, Will. Yes, I have the SAM profile loaded. What % do you set it at?  I’m at 75% though I can’t profess to be able to tell the difference with 100%!  Also, the 220 and 804 D3 combination is Devialet’s refererence presentation in their New York SoHo store.

Yep, my initial budget constraints also led me to buy a discounted 120 demo unit, which I could consequently upgraded to the 220 CI.
That’s always been the best way to get onto the Devialet ladder, IMHO.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
Forgor to mention these when i brought them, now using Beonicke's W8's
TOYS:- Devialet 400, PS Audio Perfectwave Transport, Melco N1A, Boenicke W8's, cabled throughout Chord Signature tuned aray. Intel I7 NUC Roon Rock/Tidal.
Mains supply, dedicated consumer unit, 5Kw balanced transformer,
. plenty of IFI accessories, Melco Ethernet cables, Townshend isolation throughout, All furutech mains cables.
Recently added. PS Audio PP5, Townshend Audio 5 tier Seismic table.SBooster psu for NUC,

Lot of different speakers/combinations here, i'm looking to try some new speakers, although i love the Beonicks they can become a bit bright and deep bass just don't happen. I still prefer my Kef reference 203 mk 2's in meny ways, but the wife loves the compact size of the Beonicks,she dosn't listen to the music, it's all about looks.
So before rushing out whats peoples thoughts on using something like Rel sub woofers , i could place a table clothe over them and pass them as side tables.
Being serious do meny of you use subs?
TOYS:- Devialet 400, PS Audio Perfectwave Transport, Melco N1A, Boenicke W8's, cabled throughout Chord Signature tuned aray. Intel I7 NUC Roon Rock/Tidal.
Mains supply, dedicated consumer unit, 5Kw balanced transformer,
. plenty of IFI accessories, Melco Ethernet cables, Townshend isolation throughout, All furutech mains cables.
Recently added. PS Audio PP5, Townshend Audio 5 tier Seismic table.SBooster psu for NUC,

Getting a sub woofer to integrate well into your system and the room takes quite a bit of effort and experimentation.

However with the Devialet you have some excellent tools for the job using the settings in the pre / sub out section in the configurator.
You can set a cross over point between the main speakers and the sub. There are various frequency slope settings you can select and you can set a time delay with the main speakers to compensate for the positioning of the sub in relation to the main speaker drivers.

I have experimented with a sub woofer and the Devialet and got a fairly good result, but since I changed my speakers I find I don't really need the sub any more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Roon Rock, Devialet 220 pro CI, Palmer 2.5 Turntable, AT OC9MLii, Classic Audio MC Pro Phono and Harbeth SHL5 Plus