Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Firmware
(12-Apr-2021, 07:36)igorstefus Wrote:
(11-Apr-2021, 18:17)blueshell_ Wrote:
(11-Apr-2021, 17:54)igorstefus Wrote: I don't know what you tried so far so it is hard to suggest what else you can try.

I've tried to reset but every time I got a red blinking light and now I don't even get the orange light first no matter how many times I try. I've tried to pair with my phone again but I get a single white light and nothing after that. I feel like the right earbud being stuck on 0% and on v0.0.0.0 is preventing anything from being able to reset or pair. I also tried running everything down to 0% to start again from them being dead but nothing. I've tried to get the right earbud to charge or even just pick up that it's in the case and it just won't happen.

From my experience it is not required for earbuds to be pared in order for update to be completed, at list not for charging case. However latest firmware does radical update on how earbuds operate now. After the last update it looks like only right earbud can be master now. I've been using true wireless headphones before AirPods were the thing but I newer seen firmware update that this radically changes behavior of headphones. Reliability now jumped from most unreliable earbuds ever to very reliable. Price for that is probably dice update procedure. Giving that they didn't mind it being like that first time too, this was to be expected.     

If I was Devialet, I would probably not risk with users doing this kind of update and would ask everybody to return them back to the factory for it. However they apparently don't have problem with users rolling the dice with updates. Unfortunately I don't have anything else to recommend to you except to ask them to send you new pair.

Can they still be used individually to listen and make calls?
(27-Apr-2021, 10:38)ECA77 Wrote:
(23-Apr-2021, 14:34)Ounerbouks Wrote: i would be curious if they have physically changed anything on the new ones ...

I write them and asked that same question. They haven't changed anything with the hardware, except the ear tips (which can be ordered for free through their website).
Talking if ear tips. Anyone received the new ones yet?

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk
(27-Apr-2021, 10:41)ECA77 Wrote: Can they still be used individually to listen and make calls?

Right earbud is now master one. This means only right one can be used individually. If you try to use left alone as soon as you return right one in case it will stop playing. This is because right one is now only one connecting to the phone and left one is dependent on right one. Previous arrangement where both earbuds could be master was main cause for discharging and connection issues. There are other earbuds that resolve this problem differently but I guess they went for safe bet and we lost ability to used them individually.
Just got the replacement one today. Hardware is exactly the same as they stated, but the ear tips are different, there is the XS in the box and they have a sort of rubber grill in the hole that protects the audio channel metallic grill, a sort of wax protection, the previous didn't have it. They came out of the box with the latest FW, and so far seems to work perfectly.
(28-Apr-2021, 13:08)igorstefus Wrote:
(27-Apr-2021, 10:41)ECA77 Wrote: Can they still be used individually to listen and make calls?

Right earbud is now master one. This means only right one can be used individually. If you try to use left alone as soon as you return right one in case it will stop playing. This is because right one is now only one connecting to the phone and left one is dependent on right one. Previous arrangement where both earbuds could be master was main cause for discharging and connection issues. There are other earbuds that resolve this problem differently but I guess they went for safe bet and we lost ability to used them individually.

Hmm, makes me think about cancelling my order. I really like using one at a time, especially when working or making phone calls. 
Now that the battery life is even shorter with ANC, I might just see about waiting for the new Sonys to come out in August.
(28-Apr-2021, 17:44)Marcello Wrote: Just got the replacement one today. Hardware is exactly the same as they stated, but the ear tips are different, there is the XS in the box and they have a sort of rubber grill in the hole that protects the audio channel metallic grill, a sort of wax protection, the previous didn't have it. They came out of the box with the latest FW, and so far seems to work perfectly.

what is your battery life please with new gemini ?
(28-Apr-2021, 20:07)Ounerbouks Wrote:
(28-Apr-2021, 17:44)Marcello Wrote: Just got the replacement one today. Hardware is exactly the same as they stated, but the ear tips are different, there is the XS in the box and they have a sort of rubber grill in the hole that protects the audio channel metallic grill, a sort of wax protection, the previous didn't have it. They came out of the box with the latest FW, and so far seems to work perfectly.

I just used for a few hours today, with transparency on, but so far the battery seemed about what it was before the fw update, not lasting more or less.
(28-Apr-2021, 20:20)Marcello Wrote:
(28-Apr-2021, 20:07)Ounerbouks Wrote:

I just used for a few hours today, with transparency on, but so far the battery seemed about what it was before the fw update, not lasting more or less.

Can you please tell us in hours so we can compare. I did not do much of the testing before update so I am not sure how long they were lasting before. However what I am sure off is that they are definitely not lasting more then 4 hours now (with ANC on). This is much less then claimed 6 hours.
yes I would very much like a test of the new ones.
Because if they are at 6 am I will ask for a replacement.
I lose 30% in about 1 hour so 3h30 / 4h maximum with anc

big thanks