Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
New product launch?
Hk6320....I respect your discretion about betraying a confidence but wonder when you say a "few weeks"...is this an estimate, a guess or tied to an upcoming event? Am wondering this as I am looking at replacing my Aries with an Aurender and so would love to know the timeline until news is given.
Wdw
Like all of you, I'm eagerly awaiting for the announcement, too. It wasn't a guess or estimate. No mentioning of event tied up announcement, too. I'm sorry if I have caused anyone any inconveniences for being 'loose-mouth'. I think I had broken my promise to my friend already, and I'm sorry.
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

(11-May-2016, 02:55)hk6230 Wrote: Like all of you, I'm eagerly awaiting for the announcement, too. It wasn't a guess or estimate. No mentioning of event tied up announcement, too. I'm sorry if I have caused anyone any inconveniences for being 'loose-mouth'. I think I had broken my promise to my friend already, and I'm sorry.

No worries Gary, I don't think you have rooned ruined anything. I think there will be some nice surprises in store.
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
(11-May-2016, 02:55)hk6230 Wrote: Like all of you, I'm eagerly awaiting for the announcement, too. It wasn't a guess or estimate. No mentioning of event tied up announcement, too. I'm sorry if I have caused anyone any inconveniences for being 'loose-mouth'. I think I had broken my promise to my friend already, and I'm sorry.

Hello, Gary. I don't think you have broken any promise. Not until it is announced by Devialet itself officially, all other sources of information from 3rd parties will just be treated as unconfirmed wild guess no matter who the sources are.

Like your saying, relax and enjoy the music and wait for the good things to come.

I really think my D200 sounds very very good. The only limiting factor is my listening environment which of course means my small living room.
This is where Devialet gives me a bit of heartburn. I fully understand when and why a company keeps very closed mouth about new product announcements. That is how it should be. But I'm less understanding when a company is closed mouth with existing customers about possible changes, improvements and bug fixes to existing products. Even if they cannot say when or at what cost, knowing the roadmap for existing products would go a long way to instilling confidence and creating anticipatory excitement. We all love surprises, but knowledge and awareness creates a more inclusive customer relationship.

Just saying...

Still, I'm pumped to hear the announcement (and thank you, Gary, for giving us something to get excited about!)
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
(11-May-2016, 12:50)mdconnelly Wrote: This is where Devialet gives me a bit of heartburn.   I fully understand when and why a company keeps very closed mouth about new product announcements.  That is how it should be.   But I'm less understanding when a company is closed mouth with existing customers about possible changes, improvements and bug fixes to existing products.  Even if they cannot say when or at what cost, knowing the roadmap for existing products would go a long way to instilling confidence and creating anticipatory excitement.  We all love surprises, but knowledge and awareness creates a more inclusive customer relationship.

Just saying...

Still, I'm pumped to hear the announcement (and thank you, Gary, for giving us something to get excited about!)

From what I regularly read on this forum Devialet seems to go out of their way to alienate existing customers. On this forum there are many complaints about communication between Devialet and users/customers. That should be addressed first, is my opinion.
Devialet 200 <> Bowers & Wilkins 805 Diamond <> Aurender N100 <> Clearaudio Concept MC <> Audioquest Rocket 44/Coffee USB

The Netherlands
At risk of being seen as the curmudgeon I am, I hope we're not setting ourselves up for a big disappointment here.  The more we anticipate this announcement, the greater the risk.  Speaking for myself, I'm just going to wait and see without getting too excited beforehand.  That way, if it turns out to be "drumroll...Dialog can now be used with Expert so you don't need to use AIR" then I can just shrug it off without feeling any more hurt...

...but I hope to be proved wrong!
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
Oh, its more than that, along with a price adjustment Hope they hurry up with it though.
Here is some actual news ......

A new 'public beta' version of AIR has appeared on Devialet's website...... (I suspect this might be Mac only, but haven't checked myself yet)
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
(09-May-2016, 17:26)Hifi_swlon Wrote: So much speculation yet so little information......

This is Devialet not Apple. (Or is it?).

I dunno about that...

Just realised that there is now Devialet Care for Phantoms, which covers 2 incidents of accidental damage, subject to payment of a service charge. Sounds very much like Apple Care for iPhones to me.