Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Optical Direct for Reactors
Where do you find an optical splitter? Is there such a thing as a 5.1 splitter too? How do you control volume?
(04-Jul-2019, 10:49)booshtukka Wrote: Where do you find an optical splitter? Is there such a thing as a 5.1 splitter too? How do you control volume?

So I have an Anthem D2V receiver that all of my sources plug into.  It has analog outputs that I use Portta analog to digital converters to convert to optical.  For the speakers that are far away from the Anthem i then use J-Tech digital optical extenders to extend the signal using ethernet cables.  

The Anthem receiver controls the volume.  

I'm trying to get a call with Devialet's custom install manager to discuss a better approach.  I'll post a summary of my conversation if it happens.
Probably a bit overkill for my two Reactors! I'm amazed there isn't a cheap box that does this.
(04-Jul-2019, 16:24)booshtukka Wrote: Probably a bit overkill for my two Reactors! I'm amazed there isn't a cheap box that does this.

I cannot vouch for any of the following items but they may do the job for you.

LiNKFOR hdmi de-embedder to 2 channel analogue

Neotek hdmi de embedder with volume

Tendak hdmi de-embedder to 6 channel analogue

Fugen hdmi de embedder with volume

And then convert the individual analogue signals as per njaiswal recommendation.
Kit: Oppo BDP-103EU (Vanity HD board mod), Sky+HD, Dell laptop tuned with Audiophile Optimizer 3.0 and running EQ software (Voxengo Curve), laptop input via miniDSP UDIO-8; output via RME Digiface. Watch: Panasonic PT-AT6000E, Panasonic TX-L55ET61B. Listen: Devialet Gold Phantom fronts and sides in Direct Optical mode.
All much simpler. But still a shame we have to do digital -> analogue -> digital. Would be nice to have a box with 1 optical in and multiple optical outs. I guess this doesn't exist?
(05-Jul-2019, 10:02)booshtukka Wrote: All much simpler. But still a shame we have to do digital -> analogue -> digital. Would be nice to have a box with 1 optical in and multiple optical outs. I guess this doesn't exist?

Rare as hens teeth, but it can be done at a cost.

For example sonifex redbox
Kit: Oppo BDP-103EU (Vanity HD board mod), Sky+HD, Dell laptop tuned with Audiophile Optimizer 3.0 and running EQ software (Voxengo Curve), laptop input via miniDSP UDIO-8; output via RME Digiface. Watch: Panasonic PT-AT6000E, Panasonic TX-L55ET61B. Listen: Devialet Gold Phantom fronts and sides in Direct Optical mode.
That box only appears to support coax SPDIF? And only separates stereo rather than 5.1 etc.

I'm surprised this doesn't exist. Though I guess it's because it's rare to have a device that expects a mono optical input.
(05-Jul-2019, 11:53)booshtukka Wrote: That box only appears to support coax SPDIF? And only separates stereo rather than 5.1 etc.

I'm surprised this doesn't exist. Though I guess it's because it's rare to have a device that expects a mono optical input.

Tell me about it... the original Premiers have the ability to select which channel and in their new product they decide to eliminate it... I just have to shake my head at this point and roll with it.