Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Roon RAAT and "An audio file is loading slowly"
I remember reading about similar issues and found the discussion.

See here: https://audiophilestyle.com/forums/topic...ent=914538

Considering what’s posted here in this topic about 100mbps vs 1gbit this (the check whether 802.3x flow control is enabled in the Devialet and any network equipment in front of it) could be worth investigating.

NB. Not a user of Devialet streaming tech myself.
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
Very interesting, I just changed to 100mbps and my Problems are also gone... I will do some more testing.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
(15-Mar-2019, 17:13)Antoine Wrote: I remember reading about similar issues and found the discussion.

See here: https://audiophilestyle.com/forums/topic...ent=914538

Considering what’s posted here in this topic about 100mbps vs 1gbit this (the check whether 802.3x flow control is enabled in the Devialet and any network equipment in front of it) could be worth investigating.

NB. Not a user of Devialet streaming tech myself.

Interesting consideration and would seem to correlate with the Roon RAAT issue with the Expert Pros, but it would seem that if this were an issue in the Expert Pro, then AIR wouldn't work on a gigabit network either.   Yet it does.   My guess is that it is an issue with Devialet's implementation of RAAT, but I can't quite see how it works for so many UNLESS they are all running at 10/100 mbps or wireless.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
So I did submit a ticket to Devialet on this over a week ago. No response at all. Hard to imagine that this problem is solely a Roon issue...
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Durham, NC USA
(15-Mar-2019, 13:34)mdconnelly Wrote: There was a note yesterday on the Roon forums that acknowledged this problem and that they are continuing to work on it with hopefully a solution soon.

Given that it is working fine for many, I have continued to try various permutations of the PCs running RoonServer and ethernet cables & configurations between server, router and Devialet.   Last night I tried forcing down my PC ethernet speed from the standard gigabit speed that my home network runs at to 100 mbps full duplex.    Damn, that worked!     No more "audio file loading slow..." error.   No dropouts.

Any network engineers out there that may be able to explain what's going on?   I've never experienced any poblems on my home network and never an issue streaming RAAT to another endpoint.  Could there be an issue with Devialet's ethernet and RAAT at the gigabit speed?  

For those that are NOT having a problem using Roon RAAT to your Expert Pro, what is the speed of your ethernet on the box running Roon Core?

I just tried the suggestion to change the roon server PC down to 100mbps full duplex, and it works. I've only played a few tracks so far, all using up-sampling to stress it, and so far perfect.

I tried using QoS in the router to limit the bandwidth to the Devialet, but that didn't work.
Roon, Rega P9 + Dynavector XX2Mk2 > 440 Pro > Sonus Faber Guarneri Evolution
(16-Mar-2019, 19:20)mdconnelly Wrote: So I did submit a ticket to Devialet on this over a week ago.   No response at all.

They are not responding quickly to other tickets I have open, they seem to have gone back to their bad old habits.

(16-Mar-2019, 19:20)mdconnelly Wrote: Hard to imagine that this problem is solely a Roon issue...

One difference with RAAT is there is roon code at both ends, but with AIR only at the server end, so I can see how this is all roon's bug, but I can also see plenty of ways where it's all Devialet's fault.  I'm beyond guessing what's going on here, we will have to wait and see which of them fixes it.
Roon, Rega P9 + Dynavector XX2Mk2 > 440 Pro > Sonus Faber Guarneri Evolution
I did get a response to my Devialet ticket submitted 10 days earlier.   Basically, it just restated the problem I'm experiencing, apologized for the last response and then ...

"...I have escalated this request to our Expert team will get back to you with any updates." 

So basically, nothing.    At least Roon has stated that they are actively working toward a solution that we will hopefully hear about soon.   My guess (hope) is that they are actively working with Devialet to resolve this.
Durham, NC USA
Having the same problems, switched to WiFi for the first time in my life. I am pretty sure it Sounds even better..
Devialet Expert pro 220CI-KEF Reference 5-Van den Hul Revelation- Live Cable T.C.W. Powercord

Roon/air
I also switched to Wifi on my 140 Pro yesterday. It sure is a lot more stable, even if not perfect.
Both RAAT and Air are better but still have glitches with rare "audio file loading slowly" problems and playback stops.
But at least with Wifi it's good enough again that I can enjoy listening to music and not getting infuriated by constant problems.
Sure seems like it points to issues with the Devialet ethernet implementation, but primarily when streaming via RAAT. I’ve seen occasional issues with AIR dropouts at gigabit speed, but rarely.
Durham, NC USA