Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some sign of Expert line
(19-Dec-2022, 08:48)spater Wrote:
(19-Dec-2022, 00:10)zoran_pavlovic Wrote:
(18-Dec-2022, 11:09)Cylob Wrote: We'll blame you... for now...  Tongue

haha .. don't shut the piano player Smile 
btw, some things will become clearer soon ...
"btw, some things will become clearer soon"

Zoran, what evidence do you have to support this assertion?

Spater, I wouldn't call it "assertion" but rather "opinion". 
Just simple logical thinking: you are the Devialet stakeholder/investor and one day you see all products in the Expert line marked as "out of stock". 
Would you leave it as-is for an indefinite period of time, or ask for an explanation and next steps? 

Let me give you one example: last year I wanted to purchase Auralic Vega G1. And during my couple of days of research on the web for alternatives, I realized that Vega G1 was marked as out-of-stock on Auralic web site. I thought, there might be some production problem - lack of parts, and it will be fixed soon. Then, after a month, I didn't see it on the Auralic web shop but saw it discontinued products.  

and last but not least, I like Devialet ExpertPro and  I was getting ready to purchase a 250 Pro, or another 220 Pro very soon, but seeing what's happened now, I put it on hold. 

Cheers
A) Devialet Expert 220 Pro CI, Audioquest NRG-Z3 — B) Pass Labs XA 30.8, Lampizator Amber V4.0, Innuos Pulse, Dynaudio Evoke 50,  Ansuz PowerSwitch X-TC, WireWorld power cables
(17-Dec-2022, 13:14)zoran_pavlovic Wrote:
(17-Dec-2022, 11:26)Greg Wrote: Just been on the Devialet online shop. Every Expert Pro model shown as out of stock Confused

Yes, very strange. Devialet.com, and every ExpertPro model is marked as “out of stock”? Hopefully, my friendly criticism on LinkedIn didn’t invoke this

Well, I asked Devialet. Here is the answer I got:

Dear xxxxxx,

thanks for your email - I understand your concern however it's just mean that we are out of the stock, nothing to read behind the lines.

have a great seasonal break

Sébastien | Customer service & support Devialet
Devialet Expert 220 Pro CI, Bryston BCD-3 , Roon, Technics SL 1500C, PMC Twenty5.24. Isotek, Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 Digital, Beyerdynamic DT 1770 Pro
(22-Dec-2022, 20:22)haber Wrote:
(17-Dec-2022, 13:14)zoran_pavlovic Wrote:
(17-Dec-2022, 11:26)Greg Wrote: Just been on the Devialet online shop. Every Expert Pro model shown as out of stock Confused

Yes, very strange. Devialet.com, and every ExpertPro model is marked as “out of stock”? Hopefully, my friendly criticism on LinkedIn didn’t invoke this

Well, I asked Devialet. Here is the answer I got:

Dear xxxxxx,

thanks for your email - I understand your concern however it's just mean that we are out of the stock, nothing to read behind the lines.

have a great seasonal break

Sébastien | Customer service & support Devialet

Great, thanks @haber for sharing this news
A) Devialet Expert 220 Pro CI, Audioquest NRG-Z3 — B) Pass Labs XA 30.8, Lampizator Amber V4.0, Innuos Pulse, Dynaudio Evoke 50,  Ansuz PowerSwitch X-TC, WireWorld power cables
Probably due to the global chip shortage. Many car and computer suppliers are suffering from delayed manufacture due to the same.
Today I enquired with Devialet support when the Expert Pro line would be back in stock and was told, “within the next 3 months (probably even sooner).”
Devialet Expert Pro 220, ATC SCM40 speakers, Pro-Ject Xtension 9 turntable, Chord Signature XL speaker cable
Today, on LinkedIn, Devialet announced presence at Barcelona ISE 2023. They mentioned all but Expert line. I placed my question 🤔

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

It has to be noted that the Expert models are in the picture.

I think the Expert line has been dropped long ago, after the success of the Phantom collection: no more new models, no more new firmware updates and so on. Going it out of production might be a tad sad, but not very different than from now.
There are few developments in the audio world that some trusted reviewers calls as revolutionary. Dirac is about to release a new active room correction that will require more speakers (even for stereo music) and StormAudio’s processors. Seeing Devialet’s partnership with StormAudio on Phantom Theater models, they might be preparing themselves for this revolution because if the reviews are correct, Phantoms will sound much more correctly(not better or bigger or subjectively enjoyable only more accurate) than any high-end speaker that we own today thanks to this new development.

Saying all these, knowing Devialet, they might not be aware of all these developments at all and they could be just randomly on their own investment and bets. That wouldn’t surprise me at all as a long time Devialet owner. But all these things are causing a feeling that traditional stereo audio will be less desirable and wouldn’t give the best even for the higher budgets as the tech improvements won’t be applicable to these systems. My recommendation is to keep enjoying the best music as much as you can with your existing Expert Pro’s and consider them as one of the best products of their age. That’s it. I gave up long ago on Devialet.
I have no expectancy from Devialet as far as the Expert line is concerned. There may ultimately be a replacement but it would probably bear no relationship to what we currently own. Nevertheless, my wife has noticed that I am listening more to my Dione than my much more expensive Pro. Expediency is almost certainly part of this as the Expert Pro is in my AV room, which is not in use every day and colder in Winter, but the Dione’s power and clarity makes it a satisfactory and pleasurable alternative.
Devialet 1000 Pro CI, Chord Signature Reference speaker cables, B&W 803 D3 speakers

Roon lifetime licence, Tidal.
I have the same feeling with my Expert Pro and my full frame DSLR from Sony with high end lenses:

It sure makes better photos than my current iPhone (by far). Still I make more photos with my phone.

It’s the same with expert pro installation and my headphones which I always carry around.

Maybe that focus switch is also, what moves the focus of Devialet product management:

You don’t throw the expert line away, but normally you should prioritize your focus around the customer key moments to achieve.

Gauder Berlina RC7 mk2 > Devialet 1000 Pro > Mac Mini > Audirvana